Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Zero Punctuation Reviews Cataclysm

13»

Comments

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Originally posted by Wraithone

Originally posted by Regnevanz

So if the point of raiding is just to get gear so you can raid.. what is the point of this game again?

To make Blizzard mountains of gold, of course. ^^  Actually, you kill things and take their stuff(leveling)(forget about quest rewards, as all too many times your class can't even use them), then you kill more things to get tokens for better gear, that allows you to start raiding to get gear to raid. ^^

It's basically an endless cycle of retardation... Kinda makes me feel stupid for enjoying raid progression all those years.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• SmokeysongSmokeysong Member UncommonPosts: 247

Hmmm I found it boring. It's on the level of humor that Letterman bashing Trump for his hair for the thousandth time is - not particularly funny to begin with, not original, and ultimately meaningless.

So, Nemorsa, you aren't the only one. :)

To tell the truth I didn't watch the whole thing, maybe later it got good, but it started out just being obnoxious so I just said "Screw this."

Clue, folks: Life is doing what you do over and over again until you die. If you enjoy it, it's worth doing, if not, it's pointless. There is no game that isn't the same thing over and over again.

It's stunning to me that anyone would ask "What's the point of this game again?" on a site called "MMORPG.com". MMOGs are supposed to be persistent universes - that means, there isn't supposed to be an end-point to the overall game. You can have a major story line with an end point - and those do exist in WoW; there have been end-points in each expansion pack, major story lines that you can complete. Like every other MMOG out there, you can still go in and fight that final fight over again ad infinitum, but there IS a final fight and a storyline end point.

Funny is kind of a personal thing and I'm not about to tell anyone else they should find this vid "not funny", I'm just saying why I didn't. One person's "boring" can be another's "exciting" - I've never played a FPS through again, a lot of you play them over and over. I try not to judge another person's taste on these things - but I do wonder at the intelligence level of some people who form their opinion of personalities (and games) based on low-brow jokes about them.

;)

Have played: Everquest, Asheron's Call, Horizons, Everquest2, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

Maybe I'm just rubbish with the search engine, but I don't think Zero Punctuation review of EvE online was never even posted in the news?

It's quite amusing how the game, that somehow is regarded as the "BEST" in pretty much every single thing known to video games gets such flak from this guy. Inconvinient truth part 2, perhaps?

I'm not saying I agree with his EvE review (damn, if I did that, I'd probably be banned), but it's just so convinient that a WoW review is posted and EvE review is not.

I'm basing all of that on the fact that I could not find EvE review by typing "Zero punctuation" on the search field.

All I'm saying is, maybe all Zero punctuation reviews should be posted as NEWS, not just the one concerning WoW?

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Originally posted by Rawiz

Maybe I'm just rubbish with the search engine, but I don't think Zero Punctuation review of EvE online was never even posted in the news?

It's quite amusing how the game, that somehow is regarded as the "BEST" in pretty much every single thing known to video games gets such flak from this guy. Inconvinient truth part 2, perhaps?

I'm not saying I agree with his EvE review (damn, if I did that, I'd probably be banned), but it's just so convinient that a WoW review is posted and EvE review is not.

I'm basing all of that on the fact that I could not find EvE review by typing "Zero punctuation" on the search field.

All I'm saying is, maybe all Zero punctuation reviews should be posted as NEWS, not just the one concerning WoW?

Not likely since Zero Punctuation is made for another gaming website, The Escapist.

All Yahtzee's reviews would justifiably be seen as "news" on the site they're made for, but MMORPG linking every review he did would just be weird. If they did it regularly the forums would be up in arms about them "leeching content" from other MMO sites.

I could be wrong, but I imagine they linked the Cata review because they found it amusing.... and judging by some of the comments, not everyone here knew about Zero Punctuation to begin with. It's not some big anti-WoW conspiracy, as evidenced by the fact that the links to both the EvE and the AoC reviews are still intact in the comments.

Seriously, I'm thinking of going into business making tinfoil hats....

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

this guy is awesome...been following him for years..love him!

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

Originally posted by Hopscotch73

Not likely since Zero Punctuation is made for another gaming website, The Escapist.

All Yahtzee's reviews would justifiably be seen as "news" on the site they're made for, but MMORPG linking every review he did would just be weird. If they did it regularly the forums would be up in arms about them "leeching content" from other MMO sites.

I could be wrong, but I imagine they linked the Cata review because they found it amusing.... and judging by some of the comments, not everyone here knew about Zero Punctuation to begin with. It's not some big anti-WoW conspiracy, as evidenced by the fact that the links to both the EvE and the AoC reviews are still intact in the comments.

What, so the EvE online review can't be seen as funny by MMORPG.com? That's what I read from your 3rd paragraph. So, you don't find it at all strange that WoW review is somehow consider so amazingly funny by MMORPG.com staff that it deserves a special place in the News section.

I, myself, found the EvE review by Zero Punctuation extremely accurate and funny. Seeing how the link was posted here in this thread, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought it was hilarious.

Going by your line of thought, the only reason this Zero Punctuation review was added here is, because it will generate hits.

Also, I think there's plenty of tinfoil hat crafters available already, so it might not be the best career decision.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by Hopscotch73

What, so the EvE online review can't be seen as funny by MMORPG.com? That's what I read from your 3rd paragraph. So, you don't find it at all strange that WoW review is somehow consider so amazingly funny by MMORPG.com staff that it deserves a special place in the News section.

I, myself, found the EvE review by Zero Punctuation extremely accurate and funny. Seeing how the link was posted here in this thread, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought it was hilarious.

Going by your line of thought, the only reason this Zero Punctuation review was added here is, because it will generate hits.

Also, I think there's plenty of tinfoil hat crafters available already, so it might not be the best career decision.

As has been stated, its another sites video. Its a regular column over on the Escapist. The EVE video has been out for quite some time.  The WoW CAT video has just been released. Perhaps the person who added it here, either wasn't aware of the EVE video, or wasn't here when it was released? I'm normally amused by his videos, but not everyone will be.

It doesn't take any Grand anti(or pro) this that or another "Conspiracy" theory to explain many of these things.  Some times its simply that someone finds it funny, or its a slow news day. In any event make sure that your tin foil hat is made out of tin foil, not aluminum. ^^

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."