Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My first impression playing TERA Open Beta

1234568»

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

I seriously cannot comprehend why on a topic about a Korean game people have to come here and comment about the fact that they do not like Korean games. You think anyone who is reading this thread gives a damn about your opinion ? Obviously every one here who is bothering to read this thread wants to know more about Tera. Your dislike for Korean games is not even a factor so what is with this stupidity.

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

TERA IS TRULY EPIC TO THE CORE! THIS MMO IS THE "GEN" OF ALL.

IT's Truly a big OMG, how the hell "mind blowing" feeling.

My testing is Officialilly over:( and I have made my mind up on the fact that this just may be the only MMORPG  I will buy. 

Peace out.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Just curious - can anyone tell me if this entire thread would be against the Tera beta NDA? Or at least the first post?

• JediConsularJediConsular Member Posts: 51

Originally posted by jpnole

Just curious - can anyone tell me if this entire thread would be against the Tera beta NDA? Or at least the first post?

Seeing we are talking about the Korean version of the game (or at least I was), which has already launched; I would have to say no. But, I've been wrong before, so who knows.

My text is green because my posts are created with Willpower!
  • SomnicideSomnicide Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by jpnole

Niether the current korean retail nor the upcoming NA community event are/will be under NDA.

Sup.

• NelothNeloth Member Posts: 249

I think Tera looks very interesting, except for the ridicously large weapons, the anime sounds, too feminine men(or more like boys) and the metal bikinis are over the top, I mean come on, a few stripes of metal for "protection".

Originally posted by Neloth

I think Tera looks very interesting, except for the ridicously large weapons, the anime sounds, too feminine men(or more like boys) and the metal bikinis are over the top, I mean come on, a few stripes of metal for "protection".

I wouldnt say all the men are feminine.

http://hiryu.deadendthrills.com/wp-content/gallery/the-exiled-realm-of-arborea-tera/highres_screenshot_00019.jpg

http://hiryu.deadendthrills.com/wp-content/gallery/the-exiled-realm-of-arborea-tera/highres_screenshot_00019.jpg

http://hiryu.deadendthrills.com/wp-content/gallery/the-exiled-realm-of-arborea-tera/highres_screenshot_00001.jpg

http://hiryu.deadendthrills.com/wp-content/gallery/the-exiled-realm-of-arborea-tera/highres_screenshot_00000.jpg

Sup.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by Lorgarn

Originally posted by gauge2k3

Originally posted by dr1ftx3

Disclaimer:  I will not explain or elaborate on how to play the beta, if you really want to, you will find a way.
    I'll tell you.  You need to illegaly obtain a legitimate korean social security number (what we call it).  Which, if you don't speak or read korean very well, is exeactly what you did.

The most popular choice is buying an already made and verified account. Which is, in essence, what you described.

Another way is to have a Korean friend, pretty unlikely, but I do know a few who does. Also, I know there exist "press" accounts that has been given during certain events to more "important" people. However, those are extremely rare.

I feel bad for people who would buy a beta account in a language they don't even speak. That's just so very sad.

• AmannasAmannas Member Posts: 95

Thank you very much for your post Drew :)

You sure got me antsy,lol...was wondering over how/in what cases there is a strategy element within the game, your post more than covers any worries i might have had. Am surely looking forward to it,most especially after this!

Originally posted by saker

Originally posted by Lorgarn

Originally posted by gauge2k

I'll tell you.  You need to illegaly obtain a legitimate korean social security number (what we call it).  Which, if you don't speak or read korean very well, is exeactly what you did.

The most popular choice is buying an already made and verified account. Which is, in essence, what you described.

Another way is to have a Korean friend, pretty unlikely, but I do know a few who does. Also, I know there exist "press" accounts that has been given during certain events to more "important" people. However, those are extremely rare.

I feel bad for people who would buy a beta account in a language they don't even speak. That's just so very sad.

1. An MMO is an MMO. You can pretty much get by with what you know from other games.

2. There are translations up on various websites to help you out.

3. TERA is fun even without knowing the language.

4. [This one kind of makes the previous ones moot] There is an english patch out.

Sup.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Not hating on the game inparticular, i'm actually looking forward to this as much as I am GW2.

But doesn't the fact that this (or any game) can be played without being able to read anything trouble you? I would assume this person quested his way to lv20 lol, I just find it a bit disheartening that mmo quests are still so layed out for you that you do not need to be read and understand what to do or how to do it.

I just feel a little bit more player options/creativeness on how to go about completing tasks should be leaking into the mmo scene by now, not just point A point B type quests that can be explained and completed by visual aids alone.

As I said i'm not hating, the gameplay alone is almost enough to redeem anything that might be bad about it, and I don't expect this or any one game to completly change the genre in a single shot. It would just be nice to start seeing some innovation in the quest/mission departments, something SP games have been doing for awhile now.

• skoupidiskoupidi Member UncommonPosts: 244

Originally posted by just2duh

Not hating on the game inparticular, i'm actually looking forward to this as much as I am GW2.

But doesn't the fact that this (or any game) can be played without being able to read anything trouble you? I would assume this person quested his way to lv20 lol, I just find it a bit disheartening that mmo quests are still so layed out for you that you do not need to be read and understand what to do or how to do it.

I just feel a little bit more player options/creativeness on how to go about completing tasks should be leaking into the mmo scene by now, not just point A point B type quests that can be explained and completed by visual aids alone.

As I said i'm not hating, the gameplay alone is almost enough to redeem anything that might be bad about it, and I don't expect this or any one game to completly change the genre in a single shot. It would just be nice to start seeing some innovation in the quest/mission departments, something SP games have been doing for awhile now.

I completely agree with you.I mean i played the korean beta and after picking a quest i would just click on the questlog and get an "x" on the minimap showing me where to go.But that's just how it works in almost evewry mmo.I completely stoped caring about it and am focusing all my hopes on overall gameplay and endgame.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by BlackUhuru

Sounds good your right i should keep my mouth shut till i get a chance to play it.....

Finally, with respect a man can only take so much uninformed opinion before breakfirst. :) Seriously pretty much anyone can get a  Rift beta key  and knows exactly what Rift is and what it isn't.  The reason people are here in the Terra forum is to learn about (or discuss) Terra, well except for the Xenophopes of course.

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Originally posted by just2duh

Tell me about that SP games please, because im playing Two Worlds 2 rigth now im using the same quest system with marks in the map that tell you where to go, honest question here because ill like to try something different.

Tera is like the rest of the MMO's in the quest part, you have quests hubs and go from one to other doing useless task to random Joe that mark it on your map, you dont need to read or understand them, its not need it, thats how it works for the 90% of MMO's since WoW and Tera its not different.

You have breathtaking graphics and a very solid combat system, besides that is like any other MMO, with a little more focus on the group atleast in korea.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by judex99

Tell me about that SP games please, because im playing Two Worlds 2 rigth now im using the same quest system with marks in the map that tell you where to go, honest question here because ill like to try something different.

Tera is like the rest of the MMO's in the quest part, you have quests hubs and go from one to other doing useless task to random Joe that mark it on your map, you dont need to read or understand them, its not need it, thats how it works for the 90% of MMO's since WoW and Tera its not different.

You have breathtaking graphics and a very solid combat system, besides that is like any other MMO, with a little more focus on the group atleast in korea.

How does it compare to Rift (if you tried Fift)?

Better or worse quests? How is the coding, buggy? Do you lag? Is it really grindy? How do the group dynamic work?

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by judex99

How does it compare to Rift (if you tried Fift)?

Better or worse quests? How is the coding, buggy? Do you lag? Is it really grindy? How do the group dynamic work?

Yes i tested Rift in 4 beta events, till level 25, so ill compare both them to you.

Both games have the same old same old regarding quests, you go from one quest hub to other doing fedex task to any random npc there, if you like this kind of gameplay then i think  both games are good... i just cant stand it, atleast in Tera you get fun doing these quest because the combat system, anyway Rift let you level doing Public Quests ( sorry, my fault, they call them rifts... ) so thats something positive about Rift too.

By coding you mean polish? if its that then it is very polished, as polished as Rift, these are by far the two more polished MMO's i have played in a long time, Tera runs very well, and in my machine i get more fps in Tera than Rift, gfx are much better in Tera techinaclly speaking, art style is debatable.

About lag, it is playable in korea, but i think the west release will be much better, the server location is more important than the average MMO due the combat system imo.

Grind is a tricky word, speaking of time you level as fast if not faster than the average west MMO, not as fast as some people claim if you are solo, but in a group you fly thro. levels.

Group dynamics are the selling point of hte game, atleast they are for me, mob ai is very good and the figth its very epic to say so, i played as a tank (warrior) and healer (Mystic), both very fun to play, some people could think that healing in this game can be weird but i love it, ill play a Mystic on the west release, comparing to Rift again i played a Sentilel/Warden/Shaman there and was like playing two different genres of games instead of two games in the same genre with different mechanichs, Tera was much more fun and challenging.

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Thank you, I cannot wait to try Tera.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• DecadentiaDecadentia Member Posts: 464

Anyone have a timeframe westerners can try this out?

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645
    I  AM NOW LAUGHING AT WHAT I SAID
  • aromeroaromero Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by slim26
    I  AM NOW LAUGHING AT WHAT I SAID

lol...so am I...

This discussion has been closed.