Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sony Boasts 20 PS3 exclusives for 2011

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

With a lower price tag and some stellar exclusives, late 2009 and early 2010 provided a huge surge for Sony's PlayStation 3. And after a dismal holiday season, the PS3 is poised to once again rebound on the backs of a stunning 20 exclusives in 2011.

The official PlayStation Blog broke down the full slate of exclusives currently slated for launch in 2011, and an impressive list it is:

Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel: Developed byGust, coming in March. The first 3D entry in the Ar tonelico RPG series.

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Developed by Idea Factory, coming February 2011 - RGP based on the videogame industry.

The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection: Developed by Team Ico, coming spring 2011. Two classic PlayStation 2 games given HD treatment with remastered graphics, stereoscopic 3D support, and Trophies.

Infamous 2: Sucker Punch Productions, coming TBA 2011. Cole McGrath is headed to New Orleans-esque New Marais to tangle with a lethal race of mutants, anti-mutant vigilantes, and an unstoppable entity know as The Beast.

Journey: Developed by ThatGameCompany, coming TBA 2011. The studio behind Flower and Flow is working on a multiplayer adventure mystery set on a sand-covered world.

Killzone 3: Guerrilla Games, set for launch on February 22. Stranded on the Helghast home world, outnumbered and outgunned, the ISA will be on the run. Includes 32 player multiplayer with upgradeable skills, two player split screen co-op, stereoscopic 3D, and Move support.

The Last Guardian: Team Ico, coming holiday 2011. A young boy and his griffin-like friend go on an adventure in Team Ico's first title designed solely for the PS3.

LittleBigPlanet 2: Media Molecule, out now. Sackboy is back, this time with the ability to not only create levels, but an entire video game -- from an fps to a sports title.

MLB 11 The Show: SCE San Diego, coming March 8. Pro baseball featuring co-op play, analog stick-based control for hitting, pitching, and throwing, and stereoscopic 3D and PS Move support.

MotorStorm Apocalypse: Evolution Studios, spring 2011. Off-road racing in a city rocked by a cataclysmic earthquake.

No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise: AQ Interactive, fall 2011. Remasterd HD version of the Wii hit. Features Move or Dualshock 3 controls.

PixelJunk Shooter 2: Q-Games, 2011. All new single-player campaign set in the belly of an enormous space beast. Plus a fleshed-out online battle mode.

PS Move Heroes: Nihilistic Software, spring 2011. PlayStaion heroes Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, and Jak and Daxter bring tons of weapons abilities to this Move-exclusive action romp.

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One: Insomniac Games, fall 2011. Team up with Doctor Nefarious to escape a device called the Creature Collector. Featuring co-op gameplay and massive boss battles.

Resistance 3: Insomniac Games, September 6. Nathan Hale is dead. Earth is falling. Defeat is imminent. Joseph Capelli begins a cross-country journey to NYC in a last ditch effort to defeat the Chimera and save humanity.

SOCOM 4: Zipper Interactive, TBA 2011. Squad based tactical shooter featuring Move support, and 32 player multiplayer.

Sorcery: The Workshop, TBA 2011. This Move exclusive allows players to become a wand-waving wizard on an adventure based on Irish folklore.

Twisted Metal: Eat Sleep Play, TBA 2011. David Jaffe and Scott Campbell return to their classic car combat series. Featuring 16 player online battles, sprawling destructible urban environs.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: Naughty Dog, November 1. This time Nathan Drake et al are in search of the fabled Atlantis of the Sands, Iram of Pillars. Naught Dog promises a multiplayer mode that will challenge the CoDs of the world.

Yakuza 4: Sega, March 15. Open-world Tokyo is your martial arts playground. Hostess clubs will make the cut in the US version this time.

Link: http://ps3.gamespy.com/articles/114/1143354p1.html

Comments

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

This list of titles is EXACTLY why I did not buy a Playstation 3 (or a next generation console for that matter.) Nothing that interests me...I also hate "rereleases" on a new console because rather than make a new game altogether, they simply recycle old crap and resell it with better graphics and some FMV for $40 - $60.

Then they phase out the old version intentionally. I own many different versions of Lunar: The Silver Star and it just beats me up how they could have had a lot more Lunar Games if they made a new game altogether instead of doing so many rereleases...

• QuasiRainQuasiRain Member Posts: 125

Wait a sec, how about stuff from Square Enix, like final fantasy versus?

<TBA>

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514

Twisted Metal..nice.

• charley45charley45 Member Posts: 6

As expected from PS3 from past previous years. They always do this kind of things not for old audience but for new ones. These are good titles to remake, love this old school games. Some of the old school games are really hard to finish rather than new ones. If I am a new player I would prefer old types of games for in successions I can play new ones with at ease.

• critical9critical9 Member Posts: 8

Damn hope I have a ps3 to play this games. Does this developer think that they can make it also for xbox. I don't like this ecxlusive kind of games, they don't give chance to other that only have one console to play on.

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

and finally twisted metal is coming to the ps3

it's been ages since they released a twisted metal game

hurray for us :D