Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End game?

wow.pwns111wow.pwns111 Member Posts: 108

Is there any besides PVP? 

I decided to spend 20 bucks the other day and give this game a shot. I've been talking to people in game and because I come from games like EQ and WOW I was asking if the game had Raids, dungeons at end game etc. And noone knew wtf I was talking about.

So, my question is: What do you do at lvl 20? Just PVP?

"We have barred the gates, but can not hold them for long...
They have taken the Bridge and the Second Hall...
We can not get out. The end comes.
Drums, drums in the deep. They are coming..."

Comments

• WertheWerthe Member Posts: 236

Originally posted by wow.pwns111

Is there any besides PVP? 

I decided to spend 20 bucks the other day and give this game a shot. I've been talking to people in game and because I come from games like EQ and WOW I was asking if the game had Raids, dungeons at end game etc. And noone knew wtf I was talking about.

So, my question is: What do you do at lvl 20? Just PVP?

Game isn't over when you ding 20. You should complete campaigns. And i'll be honest with you. After you finish campaigns, besides fillling the the Hall of Monuments (grind)  and Title hunting (uber grind) there isn't much to do in the PvE area. Guild Wars 1 is a PvP game in it's core.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

GW1 have some elite areas like:

The Underworld, Fissure of Woe

The Deep and Urgoz's Warren (Factions campaign required)

Domain of Anguish (Nightfall campaign required)

Sorrow's Furnace and Tomb of the Primeval Kings (sub-elite area, Prophecies campaign required)

the Eye of the North expansion has lots of dungeons.

Except for Prophecies campaign there are some Challenge missions where you get extra rewards depending how well you do on the score board.

Factions have some PvP that can be considered a mix of PvP and PvE because of the many NPCs involved: AB, FA, JQ

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

You'll hit level 20 before even you complete the first champaign. There's a lot to do, 3 huge champaigns and 1 extra (eye of the north) which is huge too to beat on both normal mode and hard mode! Then you have dungeons both hard mode and normal mode. You have the mentioned elite areas which are tough and require a good team build and some knowledge. Then you have title hunting, which can take you a lot of time. For example you must vanguish the entire champaign from all monsters, so you have for example in factions 33 explorable areas, and you must kill everything in them in hard mode.

PvE is basicly beating the champaigns, getting all 1300 skills or just the ones you need, general title hunting, beating the elite areas, and farming.

PvP is the core like people said, but if you don't like it you don't have to do it. For example I'm a semi-casual gw player, i play gw 2 hours every day. Been playing for 700 hours in 2 years now and I'm still on 30% of getting all titles (excluding the pvp titles).

So what you must know is that your level and equip means nothing in this game. Only your skills and how well you know the game (speaking of PvE). If you fill like PvPing you can make PvP character which has max lvl and armor right from the start, and all you need is to win skills and PvP titles from PvPing in many modes.

And remeber you can play all champaigns with a single character which can be created in any champaign.

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

The reason you probably got a lot of confused answers about end game is because most of the game is end game. The 1-19 lvl's are pretty much a long tutorial that draws you into the world/story and slowly introduces new gameplay elements to you so that by the time your 20, you should be an at least adequate player and have a prefered personal playstyle, hopefully after having had enought time to experiment with builds. Depending on the campaighn you purchased, most of the overall in game content is actually desighned with players being at lvl 20 in mind. To give you some perspective, I played the game for 3 years and spent only the first month getting to 20 and i didnt really do tons of pvp(though i did enjoy what pvp i did do, which is unusual for an mmo). At the end of my 3 yrs there were still pve chalenges i had not completed, but i was satisfied with my accomplishments and left with tormented staff in hand, elite torment armour dyed deep purple, and every skill in game available for me. Only reason i stopped was because i didnt want to get totally burnt out on it before GW2 came out.

If your looking for WoW style raids with 25-40 man, your not going to find that in GW. Closest you will find is 12 man elite missions in factions or nightfall campaighns in terms of max number players. GW focuses on small group play so that everyone has to actually pull there weight and player skill/builds matter more than gear.

There are dungeons. Mostly in the Eye of the North campaighn expansion has quite a few. But then again the entire games missions always felt very much like dungeons to me, just not necessarily in the classic enclosed space way. If you have the prophecies campaighn (the first one), then you will have the rather expansive sorrows furnace dungeon available at end game as well. It was a free add on they added to the game after the first 6 months, and it is pretty vast. But the game pretty much has you moving all over the world instead of just sticking you underground at end game.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

90% of the game is at level 20.

If you are looking for an end game typical to traditional mmos like WoW and EQ2 well you probably should look elsewhere. Although there is some challenging content in GW, such as hard mode Underworld, DoA, even Slavers Exile.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

End game in gw is huge. I consider getting max titles as end game, also getting elite armors and weapons. That's a lot of work, but also fun. Beacuse there's so much you can do that you can get overwhelmed. From daily quests like wanted and zaishen, to doing elite missions, or vanquishing areas. Every mission takes at least 30 mins to finish. If you are not doing speed clear elite areas, but classic way to finish one, it can take even 3 hours. Guild Wars is huge and not easy when you do end game on hard mode. It requires some knowledge and experince to do it without some serious problems like conmstantly getting wiped at the same group of foes. Making a good team build is very important. but im getting to much offtopic, so in conclusion end game is the majority of the game's content.

• SirShadowSirShadow Member Posts: 28

I'm not a MMO expert by any means, I play GW and Lotr, only two I have ever played, in GW I really enjoy trying out

different builds, I have tried so many weird combos I couldn't remember them if I tried, but since you only get to use

eight skills at a time makes for creativeness. In Lotr it seems the combo of skills do not make as much importance to

survive, so skill selection is not as fun or has near as much depth to it.  So I have all the toons created (except dervish)

and have enjoyed them all, espicially the ritualist, so be sure to try all the different toons makes for endless fun.