Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What acitivity in Eve is the most fun / brings you the most joy?

DaggerjaydoDaggerjaydo Member UncommonPosts: 121

Hi there, I'm an almost 8 mil caldari missile boat pilot / 2 mil mining-salv-PI pilot alt.

I've been playing off and on for a while now, just a few months ago got my second account.

I'm currently getting bored of mining, and lvl 4 mission running. 

I just started dabbling in PI, but that's so passive, I don't plan on doing to much with it and wouldn't like to make it my primary activity in Eve...

So, I want to know what YOU do in game that is honestly fun for you?

I really need to find something else to do, that is sustainable, and achievable at an entry level in a short amount of time; I mostly just want to hear about more of the game that I'm unaware of... I mean, I discovered PI like 3 days ago! Had no idea it was even in the game.

Comments

• RyonoxRyonox Member UncommonPosts: 64

I'm interested in seeing what most people do as well.. 8 mill gallente BS droneship here. I mean I hear people rave about pvp, but all I ever see in recruitment is 15+ mil sp corps recruiting or no-req corps recruiting who thing the epitome of pvp is station humping.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

I'm trying to remember what I was doing with ~10m sp..I think it was around the time I ran around Providence either killing Sansha for isk or flying in fleets in my awesome blackbird of suicidalness.

Might have been the time when I joined Morsus Mihi and fought with them in Fountain and then Delve, but I think that was a little later. No sp requirement obviously, but it helped that I could fly my trusty missile ferox and an industrial to be relatively self sustained without anyone holding my hand.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

I had a lot fun uninstalling this game.

• kattehuskattehus Member UncommonPosts: 375

PVP. That's what I do for the most fun.

And no, not stationhugging, highsec wardecs. Low- and nullsec roams. Sometimes WH-ops as well, but that's more rare.

To substain, I trade (which can be fun, when you start manipulating/controlling markets) and run lv4s. Occasionally, I do exploration, also for fun. Besides this, I have an industrial alt that is about to start churning out battleships.

Edit:

I used to live in 0.0 as well, and this was relatively fun. But my available time went down, so I went back to highsec. :P

Another edit:

I don't have any sp-requirements on my pvp ops. I bring noobs occasinally (whenever they have the balls. :P). This is also fun, albeit a bit more skewed towards failure. :P

|< I 1 1 I |\| 6 _ Z 0 |\/| 8 I 3 5 _ 5 I |\| C 3 _ 1 9 9 0
    -Actively playing Eve.
    Follow my tweet (:
  • NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Basically I did 0.0 PVP ops, even the corps with a requirement of 15mil+ sp will often let a younger player in you just have to talk to them. You need to express a willingness to learn and most importantly if you get in know how to shut up and follow directions(sounds rude but you would be surprised how few people can do that on a fleet op). See if they will take you on as a trial member. tell them you don't want any roles you just want to get out there and try things out. I've been in a few 0.0 corps that accepted people as trial members when they were below the Sp minimum.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by Daggerjaydo

Hi there, I'm an almost 8 mil caldari missile boat pilot / 2 mil mining-salv-PI pilot alt.

I've been playing off and on for a while now, just a few months ago got my second account.

I'm currently getting bored of mining, and lvl 4 mission running. 

I just started dabbling in PI, but that's so passive, I don't plan on doing to much with it and wouldn't like to make it my primary activity in Eve...

So, I want to know what YOU do in game that is honestly fun for you?

I really need to find something else to do, that is sustainable, and achievable at an entry level in a short amount of time; I mostly just want to hear about more of the game that I'm unaware of... I mean, I discovered PI like 3 days ago! Had no idea it was even in the game.

When i had about as many SP as you do now, I founded a small corp, recruited people I liked and we just went around doing whatever we liked, and be dambed to anyone who didn't like it.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Before I retired for good(yes im officially gone from EvE) I was having a ball exploring and clearing combat sites and doing some small gang roams with HACs and Recons. Eve is a great game and I thoroughly enjoyed my last four years playing.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• jonchicoinejonchicoine Member Posts: 77

quiting!  I do it every couple of years.. and give away billions of iskies!

• EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426

Patrolling Gates with my mates and chasing pirates. This game is what you want to be. There is no one telling you what to do at which level nor dungeons for that item or gear. This game is what you wish it to be, just simple.

Life long & Prosper, Fly safe!

It is a question of fangs.

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

If it looks like you cant hold the space start evacing none essential ships and assets, remove anything that you don't immediately need for the fighting and move your medical clone to the safest station near the fighting in case they do take the station and cancel clone contracts. Always use a scout you trust and don't give away easy kills.

It also helps if you leave a jump clone in the station with any remaining assets so you can JC in and out to sell off anything that gets left behind.

Try not to leave it to late but remember to keep enough stuff to join in any fights. Be careful around jump bridges and don't jump to any cynos unless you know the person lighting it is ok and don't leave stuff floating in POS or go afk in one for long periods, as sov tumbles you will have small gangs of hostiles in quieter times getting up to all kinds of things like using pos passwords to bump people out and hanging around waiting to kill people who are trying to save their stuff.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

He should be more afraid of his own directorate and getting scammed by them during the invitable implosion.

Out of interest, which renter alliance are you in that is getting squashed and reformed again?

• OldBikerOldBiker Member Posts: 75

I did the 0.0 sov grind for a long time until it wasn't fun anymore.  Just recently I started a corp, joined an alliance, and moved into wormhole space.  I'm having alot of fun doing that.

• HekketHekket Member Posts: 905

INB4 PvP suggestio....

o wait

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Managing my excel sheets.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

As other have suggested there is null sec PvP, Red vs Blue faction warfare, the industrial side, invention and manufacturing, wormhole sleeper sites, pirate chasing.

• OldBikerOldBiker Member Posts: 75

If you are looking for stuff to do in Eve you might want to check this out.  http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/