Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would it make a diference?

tavoctavoc Member UncommonPosts: 257

Think back to all the games we have played in the past. All the mmo's that we have fond/hatefull memories of and ask yourself one thing.

Would you go back if they completely rehalled the graphix?

Im realy wondering if that could be the forthcomeing of an old mmo.. Think if UO or Everquest, or DAOC came back with completely rehalled graphix! Immagine Uo in a complete 3d world! or immagince Daoc updated to have a graphix quality of AoC or Aion!

Would this bring you back to your prvious (or maybe still current) mmo? If so, what game would it be?

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

If they brought the gameplay to todays standards as well, I would go back. I don't think its as easy as just changing the graphics and it would be much nicer to just make a proper sequel instead.

• Samkin772Samkin772 Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by Gabby-air

If they brought the gameplay to todays standards as well, I would go back. I don't think its as easy as just changing the graphics and it would be much nicer to just make a proper sequel instead.

This, and in the case the DAoC2, at least their would be no concern about cannabalizing the previous game

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Robokapp
    if they can do to mmo's what blizzard did to starcraft, sure.

What did they do to Starcraft?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241

I still play DAOC, I don't mind  the graphics though an upgrade could do it some good, but honestly it's not going to bring in players by the droves either way.  With all the changes to the game I still love it regardless of it's past.  Population is the only problem to me, just not enough players, same old faces. 

The problem is that most newer MMO gamers aren't going to be paying attention to the games of the past like UO and DAOC, they keep their eye on what's fresh, if you haven't noticed, since WoW's release, it is rare if not impossible for a game to become successful once it get's a rocky/bad review at release.  Look at Vanguard, the first "WoW killer".  Honestly I think that game is great now, but it bombed at release and will never have a huge population again.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Originally posted by lizardbones

What did they do to Starcraft?

Nothing?

Now that I think about it, they updated the visuals at least. I'd welcome some post-2005 graphics for my MMO's indeed.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • FeydiirFeydiir Member UncommonPosts: 26

The problem I have with going back to a game isn't the graphics, it's the people.  If you could get some of the old people who I used to run with, then I would most likely go back to almost any one of the games I quit.  That and fix the bugs and imbalances that made people leave the games in the first place.  Sure graphics upgrades would be nice, but I can't see myself playing most of these games for longer than a month without a decent group of people to group with.  Sure sometimes you find a good group in some games, but normally you're stuck with people who don't know what their doing, and don't even want to learn what to do or how to make themselves better at what they do.