Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Images from the Character creator

tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Hi

As a future buyer of this game and avid "looks" nerd i wonder if there is a good site with lots of imgaes form the costume creator... I have looked around and found bits and pices but not a over all comprehensive giude.

Or for the lack fo that:

Is there street wear

Is there alot of matching sets

what themes is there

do parts form different sets mesh well together. (those who are formCoH know what i mean about non-meshing pices)

Anyhow greatful for any info.

This have been a good conversation

Comments

• Argo951Argo951 Member Posts: 123

I don't have pictures, but I did play the beta

1) There was no street wear in the beta, but you could transform into a civilian/scientist/villain look alike with the illusion power set

2) Yes, there is a lot of matching sets, in your first creation there are parts you can match together, in the game there are also entire costumes you can collect (Demon, robot, Roman to name a few)

3) There are so many themes, more than I can list (or remember) but I do remember Demon, Roman, Robot, Futuristic, Alien (or something) and there is a lot more you unlock later on. There are also the Fire, Ice, Electric, Arcane things you can get at the start.

4) Yes, other themes can mesh together, in fact I preferred my character when he mixed and matched from several sets of costumes

The downside to costumes is that you can only pick 3 base colours that you can use on your entire outfit, I did find that really limiting. But for the selection of actual costume parts, there is a vast amount to collect and choose from.

Hope that answered your questions.

• AbangyarudoAbangyarudo Member Posts: 156

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM2xrSTj5R4&feature=related this video represents it fairly but I'm pretty sure there was more options available now then when this game was made. Not by much though.

• AshenFangAshenFang Member Posts: 21

There is an urban set that looks like street clothing, as well as 'school' clothing, suits, and more for a non 'tights' look.  You can look like an average Joe flying through the air.

And while yes, you can only pick a three colour palette for your clothing (Skin/eyes/hair are seperate) unlike many games, you can look how ever you like, wearing your best gear.  So you could be running around in your briefs in raids if that's what you dig.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

thansk for the replys. I was abit worried as some wer saying the CC was a bit limited. But it sounds like it will be diverse enough to meet my expectations. =)

Also comming from CoH three colors is a luxury... We only had two in there

This have been a good conversation

• KremlikKremlik Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Aye one massive misconspetion about this game is the fact the character creation is 'locked' and limted, which it isn't. It's only the basic layer of a much deeper collection of looks and gear when every item you pick up and wear gets recorded into the style window where you can mod/keep aspects of your look whenever you want.

Bring on the WARRRRGGHH!

• Sky427Sky427 Member UncommonPosts: 99

Heres a picture of my character if it helps her pants are one of the "Urban" pieces and she's wearing a trench coat when it comes to designing the face of your character, there isnt a huge selection of options. But for overall design, clothes etc theres a whole sandbox for you to play in.

(Btw guys you can still login and screencap your character if its wearing clothing that might help this guy out)

• SabasSabas Member UncommonPosts: 217

Originally posted by tawess

Anyhow greatful for any info.

Basicly in DCUO you collect sets of styles so almost anything you collect clothes wise is part of an overal set, I can't remember the exact number of what number makes up a set but it is more then 6.

Naturally those sets all carry a distinct theme. There are street sets, thug sets or plain normal clothes. But there are also robotic style sets, magical sets etc. in essence if it fits in the idea of an iconic DC character you will see some variation on that theme. I've been told there are about 70 different sets to collect right now.

You are free to mix and match between all those sets. Except for 1 set that is rewarded to you by your mentor. That one is locked per mentor choice.

They mesh together very well in my opinion, each piece of clothing is done with care. And I have not encountered any obviously painful reskins from level 1 to 20. I'm not sure if the spandex would count as a reskin or not.

I think thats an important note, the overall qaulity level of the character creation is of a very high standard compared to your average leveling experience in other MMO's including the superhero ones. Each piece is a clean mesh that fits in its own set and fits with any other piece out there. Compared to CoH per request I have to say that the overall qaulity is just much higher. There aren't any "stupid" pieces that don't mix or don't make sense. The artwork is coherent all the way through. Other then 1 hairstyle not working 100% with 1 hat I encountered no clipping issues. Though I'm sure the odd clipping can occur.

You are free to mix and match between those sets as you want. At any time in the world you can change your appearance based on your collection free of charge. Neither are you ever forced to choose stats over looks. If you like looking awesome in your games DCUO does the job.

LvL 20 Mix and match.

Lvl 7 mix and match.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

I'm not sure this was included but I feel is VERY important to the discussion.  When you collect items and pieces of gears it's added to part of your costume collection.  Say you have wings, but you pick up this AWESOME cape with some cool powers.  You can LOCK your wings but wear the new piece of gear so your "look" doesn't change but you get the item bonuses.  But of course, IMO, the better items have WAY cooler looks to begin with.