Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Real Fallout Online - Fonline 2238

TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

F2P Full loot sandbox mmo using the fallout 2 engine. Game is amazing, but I must warn you... "Wastes are harsh".

http://fonline2238.blogspot.com/

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

Comments

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I'd have thought there would be more interest in a Interplay style Falllout world MMO.

• lowendahllowendahl Member Posts: 102

Looks interesting, but not very official. That game looks like a cease and desist waiting to happen.

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

Game is free, it makes no money, it really isn't worth it for anyone to go after them. Mods infringe on copyrights every day and they are more well known than this game .

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Ya it's free to play. They require you to have the original version of the game. It's legit, and fun as hell.

• Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395

After trying 95% of mmorpgs on the market, i gotta say FOnline2238 is the BEST mmorpg currently available!

First of all, its completely FREE, they only ask you for donations to keep the server running. Second, its totally open, skill-based, ffa-pvp, full loot, do-what-you-want-to-do and, more importantly, be what you want to be mmorpg! 

The game is very hard, you'll die a lot, and learn on your mistakes. When you learn the ropes and start to understand the game better, you are hooked! Its based on Fallout 2 engine and character progression, so any of you not familiar with it, i suggest you check the wiki below.

http://fonline2238.blogspot.com/ and a very important wiki site for all your beginner needs  http://www.fonline2238.net/wiki/Main_Page

Its currently in open beta, so there are bugs.. remember, the game is being developed by an indie team with no funding, so have some respect in what they have done! :)

Ill do my best to spread the word on mmorpg.com, and show all you sandbox lovers that there is a real game out there!

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Originally posted by Batak_Killer

First of all, its completely FREE, they only ask you for donations to keep the server running. Second, its totally open, skill-based, ffa-pvp, full loot, do-what-you-want-to-do and, more importantly, be what you want to be mmorpg! 

The game is free to play not necessarily out of the kindness of the developer's heart, but because if they charged for it they would be breaking the law and the swift hammer of DMCA takedown would fall upon them.