Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

asortion of Q's

im very new to this game and wondering alot how things workimage

1. is there any url with a big ole map of the world?

2. is the merchant jobb the only crafting job?

3. imagesems like that whas al i cud figur out for now any anwers is apriciatedimage

your logic is flawed, therfor you are flawd

your logic is flawed, therfor you are flawd

Comments

• RegisPhilbinRegisPhilbin Member Posts: 16

1.)  Yes. What he said. Also, there are resources for basically every aspect of the game, from character builds to quest requirements, to monsters and all their information (including exact damages, element, type, dropped items, dodge, stats, etc...). Try roempire.com for monster stats but I don't know when their last update was as I have not checked in quite some time.

2.a.)  Technically there are three job classes with crafting abilities. Archers can learn arrow crafting through a skill quest and basically just turn other items into arrows (ex. 1 "Phat Gem" = 100 "Phat Arrows and 1 "L33T Arrow".) Both the Merchant's 2-X classes, the Blacksmith (2-1) and Alchemist (2-2), can craft some items. Alchemists can make potions - both common potions and potions not otherwise available - and Blacksmiths can forge weapons - if they learn the forge skill for that weapon- and can enhance (Make "Very", "Very Very", or "Very Very Very" strong weapons) or add elemental properties (Fire Swordmace, Very Strong Ice Lance, etc...) to weapons.

2.b.)  Any class can upgrade any weapon or armor and some headgears to up to +10. Adding +s to weapons adds certain amounts of damage, depending on weapon level. Also depending on weapon level, after a certain +level the weapon has a chance to break if upgraded again and you will permanently lose the item. For armor, each + adds a certain amount of armor (i.e. % damage reduction). Armors will have a chance to break if upgraded above +4.

2.c.)  Unfortunately, this item system floods cities with items that only experienced players can buy because of the 2-10 million cost of the best or most upgraded items. It is hard to find items to sell for millions that a character without millions can obtain (most valuable items are dropped by high-level monsters you can only kill if you are using high-level items.) This creats a highly unbalanced system that makes the rich richer and only a select lucky (or VERY persistent) few rich. Also, it favors those who bot because more time killing means more items and the more items you find the higher the chance is that one will be valuable (most valued items have a .05% chance or less of dropping) and Gravity, regardless of claims, is not very active in seeking out and banning bots (some areas contain 95% bots.)

3.)  Good luck. Feel free to ask me if you need any advice on characters etc. if you actually insist on playing what I consider a weak and unbalanced game (Guillotine Fist Monk =  Win.)

<3~Regis

"You see this? You see how my bodies glowing like that? Yeah a lot of people can't do that...come get some of this glowing!"
    "Oh ok? You want, you want some. You want some of the glowing. Look, man, your soul, I'm totally gonna chew on it and floss with your spirit. I read that somewhere...but I'll do it."

-Feng Shui Master Lu

"You see this? You see how my bodies glowing like that? Yeah a lot of people can't do that...come get some of this glowing!"
    "Oh ok? You want, you want some. You want some of the glowing. Look, man, your soul, I'm totally gonna chew on it and floss with your spirit. I read that somewhere...but I'll do it."

-Feng Shui Master Lu

• DeepinatorDeepinator Member Posts: 32

I am at a dilemma, during my search of free MMPORGs i have lowered my choices to only 3

games. these games are:    I. Rubies of Eventide

II. Knight online

III. the 15 day trial of Ragnarok online

im not sure which is better to download, therefore i am open to suggestions. if you have

any other choices to tell me of, please discuss.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Gate to Heaven can be pretty fun.  Also RO is 30 day free trial.  To tell you the truth most mmo's arent worth the time to play, and free one's typically arent.  If your gonna get into MMO's I suggest one that will be entertaining, without grinding despite the fact they cost money, like Worlds of Warcraft, or the upcoming Wish Beta.  Err thats all I can think of at the moment.

K thanks, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! imageimage

oh and kan u send a link to "gate of Heaven"? kuz when i try to google search it, i always

end up with a link to some cemetety site. thanks again imageimage