Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Few questions about AoC, pvp and instanced world

SararielSarariel Member UncommonPosts: 301

Is the PVP in this game any good at the lower levels or is it only fun and rewarding at endgame?

Also is most of the world instanced or open world like WoW?

Comments

• SararielSarariel Member UncommonPosts: 301

Also I think I've already asked this before, if I have, sorry for the spam.

What is the RP like on AoC? Plenty of casual RP and RP guilds?

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

PVP is horrid in this game dont go for it.

AOC is an END Game PVE game only, you will want to get to lvl 80 as fast as possible to start running the dungeons for gear.

there is no crafring or exploration(small instanced zones).

END game PVE and a cool fighting style is what you get in AOC

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

The 1-80 experience is also something I value alot, as its a adventure trough strange & beautiful areas of the game. RP is something you will find on some servers more then others, and yes there are PvP-RP servers.

• romerokromerok Member Posts: 104

Pvp in AoC can be alot of fun, its not as fluid and fast phased as wow or warhammers pvp for example. but its tons of fun to go out, group up with friends and just battle off other people outside town.

I havnt played the expansion so maybe stuff has improved, but from what I've heard it didn't.

Pve in the other hand is verry cool, the ambiance in some of the dungeons is really exciting.

For RP-ing, I cant really get into that matter as I dont rp myself and thus havnt experienced it ingame, and neither have a standard experience from other games to compare it to. Goodluck finding a game that suits you!

"You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn."

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Originally posted by Sarariel

Is the PVP in this game any good at the lower levels or is it only fun and rewarding at endgame?

Also is most of the world instanced or open world like WoW?

WoW is an open world? Now, that's a novel opinion.

Anyway, the game is fun to level up, there's lots of large zones and the storytelling is among the best.

REALITY CHECK

• knyghttearerknyghttearer Member Posts: 124

u can play up to level 20 for free, so u really dont have anything but time to lose for giving it a try.

• finaticdfinaticd Member Posts: 843

Originally posted by Thillian

WoW is an open world? Now, that's a novel opinion.

In the new expansion, a new tradeskill was added, archeology... I have been leveling it up and I just did levels 1-85 in the last month but  I have been leveling archeology exclusively on the eastern kingdom, which is just half of the day 1 release content.   Archeology tradskill makes me ride my 320% speed flying mount all over that continent  and I never see load screens.   That area is bigger than all of AoC release + whatever was added + expansion + group and raid  instances....then WoW had another continent + TBC continent + TWOTLK continent + the new expansion areas.

It is measured some place so look it up and compare but is easy to see that you have never played warcraft as you would know better.

Having said that, AoC is not a PvP game at all, you can roll on a PvP server but all the PvPers left dbecause they are not going to mine/farm rocks and trees, which should be a tradeskill, for 100s of hours for the best PvP gear.  And AoC's pretty much ignored tradeskills.

Funcom has reviewed all of its assets relevant for
    impairment testing. This process has led to
    recognition of an impairment loss of around
    3,1 MUSD for Age of Conan due to a decrease in
    numbers of subscribers for the game. Funcom Q4 10 report.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

The Rp community isn't what it was this time last year or even during 2009, but there are still dedicated and highly active RP guilds...they actively recruit on the official forums.

Random and casual RP isn't as common as it once was, and now is confined mainly in taverns...especially Serpents Head in Khemi...but it does exist.

I RP'd for a long time in AoC and TBH, it had a better RP community than LotRO...but I havent played either for several months now, though I still have friends that play and say the RP community in AoC is still there and easy to find if you are looking for it.

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514