Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Improvement on graphics

Even though ragnarok is a great game with cute graphics, it's not very fun. Especially with the 15 day trial (that's if u're too lazy to crack) it makes the game unpopular. I think that to make the game better, they should give a certain level restriction to the trial instead of a time restriction. Also, I think that the graphics, (though cute) are very unreal. Even with 3-d graphics, it just looks over-cute (if thta's a word).

Always the same,
Kasha

Always the same,
Kasha

Comments

• domieldomiel Member Posts: 1

the graphics are very nice...there is nothing to change i love it as it is, this game(not like outhers) dont need a kick ass graphic becuase the gaming is the fun thing about it. u dont see everyday a game that has so much char selections+the fun test for each class. i am playing this game for 4 years and still i dont give a shit about the graphics.

• mealotmealot Member Posts: 12

Kick ass graphics what hell are you playing on an Atari. This games gaphics are worse than a Gameboys. And although I love MMorpg's this game is all about lvl grind and nothing more. I guess if you like to group alot and talk to people sure, but I can do that in any mmorpg LIKE WOW. You do not need a ninja computer to play that game or 50% of the halfway decent mmorpg out there.

A game with no graphics should spend the rest of its developers time on content, like crafting and such.
    In this game its like they made it stamped it and rolled it out, done.
    Where is the updates.

Even a system like DOW uses where you can zone into near 3rd person view would make this game better, it is real hard to pick things up sometimes.

Well that is my rant!

• JonnehJonneh Member Posts: 19
    Ragnarok online is a very addicting and fun game. Yes the graphics arn't "fancy" 3d wise, but that's now how it was built to be, it was based off the anime, and I think it looks great. The graphics give it a nice touch and make it fun(I do wish you could see more than just face items tho, like suits and such.) But it's still fun to play.  The games battle system isn't the greatest but if you know how to ctrl click and combine normal damage with your stats and your skills, you can whip out some fun. It's fun to reach that next level and get that new item or spell you've wanted, or acheive that new class. But I will say, when not leveling (and mostly done is parties) The bosses are hella fun, but otherwise, people spend the time chatting in towns.  I think that as an MMORPG is fullfills the point that it is a massive game, lots of people love to chat and use the emoticons and trade items.  I will say, Ro is an awesome RPG that has low requirements, but as fun as it is, you have to be a player who isn't expecting a super realistic adventure, but looking for just some general fun and chat.

This is where I put some wierd trademark for myself, well my trademark is a picture of me owning you.

This is where I put some wierd trademark for myself, well my trademark is a picture of me owning you.

• Cecil-LinkCecil-Link Member Posts: 82

Originally posted by mealot

Kick ass graphics what hell are you playing on an Atari. This games gaphics are worse than a Gameboys. And although I love MMorpg's this game is all about lvl grind and nothing more. I guess if you like to group alot and talk to people sure, but I can do that in any mmorpg LIKE WOW. You do not need a ninja computer to play that game or 50% of the halfway decent mmorpg out there.
    A game with no graphics should spend the rest of its developers time on content, like crafting and such.
    Where is the updates.
    Even a system like DOW uses where you can zone into near 3rd person view would make this game better, it is real hard to pick things up sometimes.
    Well that is my rant!

The funny thing is the graphics are my favorite part about the game.  Also I'd like to say the graphics are not even close to being as crappy as gameboy graphics.  Its just a different style.  I mean i like anime and i like the characters in the game and i think they are very cool.  Also i like that they aren't real looking.  I mean to me i like my character to look cool instead of him being a gay huge human male with a long beard and mustache but thats just me.  The majority of mmos ive played are like that.  Also I think the game is very fun with much to do.  I really like leveling so getting to 99 is what i find fun.  But also just the atmosphere of the game is great.  I haven't had a dull moment since i started playing.  Most of my friends play it and we get together in our guild and have fun helping each other chatting/leveling/pvp/woe/and a variety of other things.  I also really like the community of iRO ive met alot of cool people.

• JonnehJonneh Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by Cecil-Link
    A game with no graphics should spend the rest of its developers time on content, like crafting and such.In this game its like they made it stamped it and rolled it out, done.Where is the updates.
    Well that is my rant!
    The funny thing is the graphics are my favorite part about the game. Also I'd like to say the graphics are not even close to being as crappy as gameboy graphics. Its just a different style. I mean i like anime and i like the characters in the game and i think they are very cool. Also i like that they aren't real looking. I mean to me i like my character to look cool instead of him being a gay huge human male with a long beard and mustache but thats just me. The majority of mmos ive played are like that. Also I think the game is very fun with much to do. I really like leveling so getting to 99 is what i find fun. But also just the atmosphere of the game is great. I haven't had a dull moment since i started playing. Most of my friends play it and we get together in our guild and have fun helping each other chatting/leveling/pvp/woe/and a variety of other things. I also really like the community of iRO ive met alot of cool people.image

Without the anime style graphics, Ro would not be what it is today. And on what you said, the game isn't fun because it's "real" or such, it's fun because of the people. A good game of Ro is one where you did some partying, shared some MVPing and got some fun chat in while doin it. The game is what it is because of the community abilities.

• dddrrr39dddrrr39 Member UncommonPosts: 25

Where is the updates.
    Well that is my rant!

Not all ppl like that kind of 3D graphic, in my opinion, the graphic of RO for now is just nice, comfortable, and didn't hurting eye.

Although i only played RO for 1 year, but i never plan to stop. In 1 year while playing RO, i oso tried other MMORPG, but those 3D graphic really making lag, hurting my eye and making confuse. I didn't mean it is bad, but that not my cup of tea, everyone have thier prefer graphic n RO's graphic is jus nice for me.

I love RO not only its graphic but the balance abbility among the job, every job are fun n have its own speciallity, no one job is funniest or strongest.

Not only that, RO's monsters are creative n some are cute, some are cool, n some are scary.

Well, no mather what, I not mean that other MMORPG is bad but one game is not suitable with all ppl n not all ppl are suitable with a game, like A may like coffee n B may like tea n C may even like mineral water, i mean everyone have their on favour. But pls, if dun dun't support a game, it doesn't mean u have to bash it, go find your own favour is a better way, i think. Bashing is meaningless.

As we growing up~
    appriciate this moment couldn't have the next time,
    As we become mature~
    everyday must better than
    yesterday.

• TheRedDreadTheRedDread Member UncommonPosts: 158
    I admit, Ragnarok online doesn't have the best graphics around. But this doesn't mean it's a bad mmorpg. I agree, graphics doesn't make the game alot better. It's all about your style and opinion on the game. All people are different, myself, I like to play ragnarok online not because of their graphics, but the gameplay is simply addicting. I like the characters and the world, it makes it so friendly. Great to play with friends you know with and it's relaxing (except the hardcore leveling). Even though all characters class may seem to be the same, you can customize your headgears which is fun to do. Gravity is putting effort into making new maps and textures which is a great addition to the game.

• Kash_Hero'Kash_Hero' Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by Jonneh

Originally posted by Cecil-Link

A game with no graphics should spend the rest of its developers time on content, like crafting and such.In this game its like they made it stamped it and rolled it out, done.Where is the updates.
    Well that is my rant!

The funny thing is the graphics are my favorite part about the game. Also I'd like to say the graphics are not even close to being as crappy as gameboy graphics. Its just a different style. I mean i like anime and i like the characters in the game and i think they are very cool. Also i like that they aren't real looking. I mean to me i like my character to look cool instead of him being a gay huge human male with a long beard and mustache but thats just me. The majority of mmos ive played are like that. Also I think the game is very fun with much to do. I really like leveling so getting to 99 is what i find fun. But also just the atmosphere of the game is great. I haven't had a dull moment since i started playing. Most of my friends play it and we get together in our guild and have fun helping each other chatting/leveling/pvp/woe/and a variety of other things. I also really like the community of iRO ive met alot of cool people.

Without the anime style graphics, Ro would not be what it is today. And on what you said, the game isn't fun because it's "real" or such, it's fun because of the people. A good game of Ro is one where you did some partying, shared some MVPing and got some fun chat in while doin it. The game is what it is because of the community abilities.

And that's not much, Jon.

• KatieKatKatieKat Member Posts: 6
    I've played several MMORPGs where the graphics were terrific but either the play control or the community sucked.  Graphics alone do not make a game, especially one that is played online with other people.  One of the great appeals of Ragnarok online is that you don't have to pay for the client software, the character sprites are endearing without being obnoxious (News flash, boys, not all women walk around with DD-cup breasts hanging out of a chainmail bikini top).  Granted, I think the the map graphics could use a revamp, but the 2D sprites are what make it fun for me.  If you want 3D with the cuteness factor, play R.O.S.E.Online.

• gollygnugollygnu Member Posts: 4

RO is really a hit or miss game. I play it a lot and have a couple of avatars 90+lvls. Its an MMOG and a casual game for me. Graphics is not edgy, but hey I like it. The game is deep in what you can do with the in game quest. Community is great and i can speak in any language i want without the usual Thee or Thou in other MMOGs. Its not for the hardcore gamer, and not the coolest game around, but i find it fun and amusing anyway. Yeah ROSE is a cool 3D cutey version of RO. But watch out for RO2, its a little bit meaner..GRRRRR

• SeasonzSeasonz Member Posts: 113

RO isnt suppose to be realistic, if your looking for a realistic MMO, play l][.
    Also, just wait for RO 2.. those graphics will blow your mind, I meen they are really great.

====
    lol.
    ====

• balmung_16balmung_16 Member Posts: 35

Persoanlly, I love anime, and to see an MMORPG look like an anime really rocks (For me). I simply love most MMORPG's, but Ragnarok is one of my favorites. THe Assassin class all the way...erhem, anyway...Have you heard the term 'Dont judge a book by its cover?" I know it's cliched but it fits. BTW, for those of you who have played Ro, have you ever died and respawned at the respwan location only to find lv. 50+ monsters wiping out all the low lv.s as the they rez? I remember once, just outside of Prontera, i was killed and when I rezedat the rez spot, there was this monster (THe lady demon that resembles the succubus in WoW) and some giant fire death turtle, and a giant black horse was there and all these noobs kept rezing themselves over and over to try and stop it. I tried to attack it, but I didnt damage it at all. All these noobs were dying (myself included) and rezing over and over and over. THen one character said :"THis is bs! Some High levels need to put a stop to this S***!" I swear, I have never luaghed so hard in my life. It was the funniest thing ever. In fact, I sometimes go looking for areas liek that. Eventually though, some high levels do come and whoop those monsters...^_^ But, my point is, Ro is fun and awesome and the graphics help it if anything.

Honestly, do ever see the strongest boss monster in teh game wiping noobs in the starting town of any other MMORPG? No I dont think so!

----------------------
    "I am Balmung of the Azure Sky, Descendant of Fianna and I will be rescuing you now..."

• sog3nsog3n Member Posts: 40
    i do not find this game addicting at ALL!! i got bored from it the first day

"Touch me. I'm hawt!"

• grey-baragrey-bara Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by kasha_chan
    Even though ragnarok is a great game with cute graphics, it's not very fun. Especially with the 15 day trial (that's if u're too lazy to crack) it makes the game unpopular. I think that to make the game better, they should give a certain level restriction to the trial instead of a time restriction. Also, I think that the graphics, (though cute) are very unreal. Even with 3-d graphics, it just looks over-cute (if thta's a word).

Always the same,
    Kasha

says the person with the anime avatar, seriously though, lay off if all you care about is how the grafics arent realistic to you then dont play. i doubt theres anyway to create a realistic looking ogre since ogres dont exist, it just has to look good, thats all that matters, a bird in a game dosent have to walk exactly as a bird would but if it looks good then its fine
  • XFantasyXXFantasyX Member Posts: 138

::::17:: I'am XFantasyX i know links of games with tv series & the game needs graphics improvemnts
    but i gave it a 3 since it aint good but it aint bad & the tv show of ragnarok happens to have a good
    thing. the shows plot is great & contains the right things like monsters, classes,
    accesiores u name its there, it has really good animation & it aint chibi so i know what
    i should like in ragnarok & its the tv show itself since it containts things i havent seen
    since .Hack//Twilgihts Bracelt.

Mwahahahahhahah

• dookleetodookleeto Member Posts: 11
    most 3d games suffer from awful gameplay. RO is a fun game that looks good imo :)

This discussion has been closed.