Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of a return

Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524

Hey everyone I'm a SWG veteran that has returned many times and left for personal reasons in the passed, However with ToR only a few months away I wanted to get my Star Wars fix going early, and give one last run at SWG for old times sake. My main question ; is Bloodfin still a top server when last I played Bloodfin was still kicking very well and just curious if its heart rate is still going. Second Last time I played I didn't want to be one of the 9/10 players running around with a lightsaber as a Veteran I had a Jedi Pre-NGE and Pre-CU I had my fun with them, most difficult task I had was finding a suite of armor that was up to PvP standards just curious how this is acquired now a days as the main reason I am returning is to Pick up my Bounty Hunter and do that (I got very little out of the restuss pvp).

Comments

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629

Originally posted by reid424

Hey everyone I'm a SWG veteran that has returned many times and left for personal reasons in the passed, However with ToR only a few months away I wanted to get my Star Wars fix going early, and give one last run at SWG for old times sake. My main question ; is Bloodfin still a top server when last I played Bloodfin was still kicking very well and just curious if its heart rate is still going. Second Last time I played I didn't want to be one of the 9/10 players running around with a lightsaber as a Veteran I had a Jedi Pre-NGE and Pre-CU I had my fun with them, most difficult task I had was finding a suite of armor that was up to PvP standards just curious how this is acquired now a days as the main reason I am returning is to Pick up my Bounty Hunter and do that (I got very little out of the restuss pvp).

Hey reid424,

Many Bloodfin players moved to Starsider, as shown in these stats: SWG Galactic Civil War and Player City Statistics - 14th of December 2010

You should be able to pick up a decent set of armour from the Bazaar, they are usually sold in backbacks which are labelled accordingly, for more info on the new powerful Bazaar search look here: [Guide] Understanding the Bazaar - updated with GU13 information

• Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524

I see well that leads to my next question which I think I know the answer to already but I will ask it anyways are there free server transfers or no?

Originally posted by reid424

I see well that leads to my next question which I think I know the answer to already but I will ask it anyways are there free server transfers or no?

Not from Bloodfin, there has been something of a PvP revivial there recently though so it may be well worth a look into what community remains.

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Hello reid424! Bloodfin used to be one of the most populated and active servers back in the day, but it, like like most of the remaining servers other than Starsider, have been abandoned. While there might be some organized PvP with what players are left (or alternates occassionally used), the server bellied up quite some time ago. Having such a low population not only makes it more difficult for grouping, it tanked the server economy. Starsider is the only real well populated server. Character transfers run $25 per toon.

You may want to try the free SWG trial to take a look at the game before you invest in re-subbing to the game. Unless you seriouly consider character transfers or rerolling new characters on Starsider, you may want to seriously reconsider your return. What ever you decide, Good Luck!.

Originally posted by Kazara

....have been abandoned.

Nonsense, but expected from someone who does not play the game.

Even on the lowest population servers such as Radiant and Sunrunner, players come together in close communities.  Bloodfin is seeing a revival so it is well worth checking out.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by BadgerSmaker

....have been abandoned.

Nonsense. 

It has been since december 2008 since I last logged into swg.  So really how is the population now days.  I play eq2, and have all my friends who use to play added,  so I can tell when they are logged in and do cross server/platform tells

I can say this out of the60 or so,  I only ever see 2 of them loggin in on a consistant bases.

How is the game nowdays.

Originally posted by erictlewis

....have been abandoned.

Nonsense. 

It has been since december 2008 since I last logged into swg.  So really how is the population now days.  I play eq2, and have all my friends who use to play added,  so I can tell when they are logged in and do cross server/platform tells

I can say this out of the60 or so,  I only ever see 2 of them loggin in on a consistant bases.

How is the game nowdays.

Well, half the servers have closed since you last played and most of the remaining servers are Dead-in-the-Water. Starsider is the most populated by far. I stand by my earlier post - gamers who are interested in SWG (and/or the condition of the servers) should try the free game trial and check the game out for themselves.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

....have been abandoned.

Nonsense. 

How is the game nowdays.

Well, half the servers have closed since you last played and most of the remaining servers are Dead-in-the-Water. Starsider is the most populated by far. I stand by my earlier post - gamers who are interested in SWG (and/or the condition of the servers) should try the free game trial and check the game out for themselves.

Unfortunaly the free trial does not apply to my account (i tried), so I would have to start from ground 0, no thanks.  I logged in when they gave us the free 30 days to move my toons all 3 of them to starslider , having lived on intrepid since the first day of the game.

It used to be they would give you a free 15 days here and there so you could come back and take a bite, however that no longer seams to be the case.   I was just wondering how many folks are actually playing now, as I never see anybody online that I know via friends list.

How is the game nowdays.

Unfortunaly the free trial does not apply to my account (i tried), so I would have to start from ground 0, no thanks.  I logged in when they gave us the free 30 days to move my toons all 3 of them to starslider , having lived on intrepid since the first day of the game.

It used to be they would give you a free 15 days here and there so you could come back and take a bite, however that no longer seams to be the case.   I was just wondering how many folks are actually playing now, as I never see anybody online that I know via friends list.

The last free trial was over the Thanksgiving Holiday week in November which was open only to those who had an active account anytime since January 2008. There is no telling if and when another veteran trial will be offered, but it is apparent that such offers extend to those accounts that have been more recently active.

Starsider has a very viable population that maybe worth resubbing for and checking out. While you may not find many (if any) old SWG friends you once knew, you can take some comfort that most of Intrepid transferred to Starsider. A free trial would allow you to take a peak at the server if you are hesitant of paying the $15 resub fee.

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

Don't believe the hype! The free trial knows all, tells all, and saves you money!

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/players/content.vm?id=62963

Might cost you a few gigs of bandwidth, but save you $20 in the end.

You're welcome.

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

....have been abandoned.

Nonsense, but expected from someone who does not play the game.

Even on the lowest population servers such as Radiant and Sunrunner, players come together in close communities.  Bloodfin is seeing a revival so it is well worth checking out.

"bloodfin is starting to slow down to crawl , not dead yet but going that way fast." 20/12/2010

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=1163138

that poster plays the game.

and i am more inclined to believe him than you. no offense. 

Originally posted by Troneas

"bloodfin is starting to slow down to crawl , not dead yet but going that way fast." 20/12/2010

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=1163138

that poster plays the game.

and i am more inclined to believe him than you. no offense. 

Top tip for those not playing the game, but instead getting snippets of information from random forum posts: 

If you want to get information on a specific community, drill down into their server forum rather than trawl through Game Play Discussion.  For example I found this recent thread on the Bloodfin forum where they discuss the death/life/rebirth of their server community.

Things could certainly be better on Bloodfin, but it seems there is a core community not prepared to give up just yet.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

I did return myself a week ago. Think i need to find a good guild or something, not much to do on your own these days : (

Euro-Chaimera is not what it used to be.

Originally posted by daarco

I did return myself a week ago. Think i need to find a good guild or something, not much to do on your own these days : (

Euro-Chaimera is not what it used to be.

I play on Chim, feel free to introduce yourself with a new thread here and we'll get you hooked up.