Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why u think GW is the best? (better than WoW, MU O etc.)

zumizumi Member Posts: 21

i think its bettr cuz the graphics 0wn and the gameplay is good and no p2p!

and its still improving!

what do u think?

Comments

• Ken`ShieroKen`Shiero Member Posts: 289

What I think? Only and idiot would not find this game appealing. The graphics rival EQ2 and there is no known lag. I played it twice before on the world preview and the beta and I agree with you its getting mush better not saying there was stuff wrong with it before. It had a little faullts but fo the first release I was shocked on how well it was.

Its best because it proves it has thatimageto be the best!

• MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118

GW owns.... period.

ummm... yeh

*Long Live Dimebag Darrel*

*RIP*

• HebrewBombHebrewBomb Member UncommonPosts: 520

Guild Wars = War Meets Strategy Virtuoso

Guild Wars is to multiplayer game as Stradivari is to Violin.

• Achilles01Achilles01 Member Posts: 1

i played guild wars on the beta previews and i think its sick there are tons of items and abilities and best of all no fees!!

• richard.doanrichard.doan Member Posts: 20
    are there gonna be PVP ?

i hate my comp

my signature is---> Richard Doan AHHH WTF i can't write in cursive!! Should be called Hand Printed Name. Oh well Silly MMORPG.COM

"you can run but you cant hide, come out , come out where ever you are!"

• Snow_Lion_Snow_Lion_ Member Posts: 2

Yes there will be PvP.

Actually the main idea of Guild Wars is to make PvP fun and strategic compared to the more known ganking and zerging you will see in other games.

I'm enjoying GW because no boring travelling, no boring FedEx quests, no pay 2 play, great graphics and balanced PvP. I'd probably could think of more reasons but this seems enough.

• punchlinepunchline Member Posts: 544

I WANNA PLAY GUILD WARS !!!!!!

how can i get a nice preview?

• GabeOjedaGabeOjeda Member Posts: 7

I think its the best because everything about it is A Class.

Gameplay: A

Graphics: A

Uniqueness: A

Eveything Else: A

It Rock Hard!

• xkappaxkappa Member Posts: 14

If there is anyone even thinking about playing this game...

-free monthly. how sweet is that.

-advanced thinking and strategy

-no massive grinds

-sweet sweet pvp with critical teamwork.

• PalancoPalanco Member Posts: 23

Well the game simply rock so it is going to be on my pc ;)

The grapichs is nice, TeamWork is criticale unless u wanna use Henchmens (wich isent always that useful) Alot of nice players, nice creatures and well the landscape i fell in love whit =)

Guild Wars Is A game i have been waiting for a long time now and its simply a dream comming true :)

Its Time For A New Revlution...
    The Return Of A Power.
    A Tide Of Old And New.
    Will Drown All That Stands In Their Way.

Can You Stop The Flood??
    The BrotherHood Of Krimson Is Back!''

http://www.Krimsonlands.com

• emdtemdt Member Posts: 325

hmmm, how long have u been waiting?

its kind of annoying that members (unless ur alpha) only playins for only one weekend a month

small isnt it?

---------------------------------------------
    *characters*
    Guild Wars
    -Danish Kokor-lvl 20 monk/mesmer
    -Ettarde Aoi- lvl 7 warrior/ranher
    Maple Story
    -Danish-lvl30 Hunter
    -kokore-lvl8 Mage
    Runescape
    -Lady Ettarde-lvl 58

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Graphically... GW looks a lot like EQ2. As a matter a fact, I quit EQ2 cause EQ2 felt so much like GW I was starting to ask myself why am I paying a monthly fee for a game like GW when I could just wait for GW and not pay a monthly fee.

But better than World of Warcraft? Nah...

EQ2 sucked cause you can't have hundreds of people at once on a map, due to seperate zones and crap like that. EQ2 is also linear. You're in the wilderness, but there's always just 1-2 paths to chose from, just like in GW!

WoW is total freedom!!! You can travel in all directions, only mountains will block your way! It's great.

Anyways, I suggest Guild Wars for anyone that is paying 20$ per month for EQ2. I also suggest Guild Wars for anyone that cannot afford World of Warcraft. But if you can afford a MMORPG, and want to have large groups and play a MMORPG and not just an Online RPG, go for WoW or any MMORPG for that matter.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• GlockownerGlockowner Member Posts: 5

does anyone else think that this emdt guy might have a small case of the retards... just not sure what he is trying to say with any of his posts

• emdtemdt Member Posts: 325

small isnt it?

*characters*
    Guild Wars
    -Danish Kokor-lvl 20 monk/mesmer
    -Ettarde Aoi- lvl 7 warrior/ranher
    Maple Story
    -Danish-lvl30 Hunter
    -kokore-lvl8 Mage
    Runescape
    -Lady Ettarde-lvl 58

• SoraKogekiSoraKogeki Member Posts: 51
    The game is so good, words can't describe why GW is the best when you name those inferior games.  image
  • VepoVepo Member Posts: 114

Even though I'm going to be playing World of Warcraft Europe, I'm still going to buy Guild Wars because I enjoyed it during the World Preview.

-----------------------------------------
    Beta Tested: Dark Age of Camelot (EU), Ragnarok Online, Knights Online, City of Heroes, Lineage 2, World of Warcraft (US), Matrix Online.

• Phoenix22Phoenix22 Member Posts: 81

I've alwayse played at least 2 MMO's in case one went down or got boring. Now I can have 2 and not even have to pay for one of themimage

I think the only people who wont enjoy GW are people who dont like using stratagy when gaming and/or people who only play PvP to "Gank" other players

"Open your mind for a different view"

Win XP Home
    Athalon 64 3400+
    1024 DDR 400MHz RAM
    Duel 120 GiG HDs W/Raid 0
    GeForce 6800 GT 256MB

• JebuzJebuz Member Posts: 17

GW pwnz because:

1) It aleady pwnz and its only in beta!

2) It has awsome graphics, even better than other MMO's and you dont have to pay monthly for THIS one or play as silly little cartoon-looking characters like in WoW.

3) For people who enjoy PvP, even just a little bit, you'll love GW's pvp because its well-balanced, involves strategy, and lag is really rare! (for me at least and I dont have no top of the line uber gaming pc either)

4) You do fun and exciting quests that lvl you up while you do them. So no long and boring grinds. Youll have fun, teamwork-based, quests, that before you know it you'll be lvl 20 and had FUN getting there.

5) No mohtly fee so you have nothing to lose!

I swear I didn't know she was 3!

-Jebuz - the baddest mofo alive!

• InfensusInfensus Member Posts: 15

I concur with Johnark. GW is a nice game, and certainly a nice game to have as a second on the computer. However, despite the 'cartoon' graphics of WoW, WoW is pretty much it right now for me. (threads that imply better than another are relatively subjective statements overall ::::39:: )

But, I will list all the things I did like about GW and what I think will make it a cool game to have and play
    GW's dual classes are awesome.
    Necro-Ranger
    Warrior-Mage

I LOVE the NO TRAVEL in this game. As much as I like WoW and think they handle the running grind farily ok, how I adore going to the master map and clicking where I want to go.

The crafting system is cool, of course it took me through 3 open weekend runs to figure out to buy one of those kits to break things down...::::04::

PvP...Yeah, I got dusted a few times since I was only doing it with me and some henchman. That SOOO doesn't work.

The strategy and the gameplay and the graphics are pretty awesome.

I did encounter lag a few times when I was playing during the open weekends but not significant and overall the load times and the 'stream' updates seemed fairly seamless, not entirely, but it is still beta after all.

Infensus Scriptus
    Dangerous Writing

Infensus Scriptus

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"

• DracilDracil Member Posts: 15

Saving $300 over WoW over the course of 3 years (conservative estimate at that).

Their "unique questing" system that was implemented in the January BWE also seems interesting if it actually works out.

But mostly I'm in it for the PvP.

• GlockownerGlockowner Member Posts: 5

yes... GW is the shit.... i played for 32 hours of the last beta weekend... great fun... got to love the arena... just wish there was an easier way to trade... i get tired of spamming

• RamadarRamadar Member Posts: 167
    I'm not going to say that GW is the best yet until the final is out, but I will say it was really fun to play. and if you go around to the other forums on this site you'll see alot of pay to play player's hating this game. I think that it's because their afraid it's going to attract alot of p2p players to Guild Wars because it has no fee to play you don't have to grind for month's,but the p2p players have to keep selling themselve's the reason why their still dishing out 15 buck a month for a game that they hate but don't want to quite playing it for all the money they payed, and thats why they have to piss an moun and compare who's got the better game or the better car or the better whatever because they spend 6 to 8 hours a day on a game they just don't like and don't want to stop playing because their afraid to.boo bloody hooimage ,Guild War's is fun to play if you don't like it don't play go watch tv or something children.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb....

• cooldevocooldevo Member Posts: 371

The only thing I'm worried about is that a lot of the games with fees keep the really immature people out of the games.  It could be taken as a generalization that all younger players are immature, and granted some are.  But a lot of older players are also immature players.  All the griefing, scamming, and other very annoying things immature players do just ruin the game.  And with no fee, you won't even need a credit card, so it could attract more of that undesirable kind of player.

Hopefully what I mean isn't misrepresented or misread.

Win XP Pro
    AMD Athlon XP 3000+, 2.16 GHz
    1 Gig PC3200 DDR400 RAM
    120 Gig Ultra ATA HD
    30 Gig EIDE HD
    ATI Radeon 9200 128MB
    SoundBlaster Live! Gamer 5.1
    8X DVD+/-RW

• AranrilAranril Member Posts: 22

I think I can give you lots of reasons:

1. No monthly fees, buy only the expacks you want
    2. Graphics looks GREAT even on a laptop (& I will always be playing games on my lappie)
    3. No ganking/griefing/killsteal/paymoneykkthxbb
    4. No travelling time
    5. Requires strategy, not |_4|/|3 click-and-leave-it-alone,
    6. No lag (except for the occassional network lag, but even then it's rare)
    7. Very small client file (unless you had explored tons of stuff) --> I think there'll be a competition for the largest DAT file size :P
    8. Great gameplay (can choose to party wif henchmen or members, PvP tournaments... just to name a few)

I am called "Forum Thread Death". Why? Well, try counting how many replies have been sent after me....

I am called "Forum Thread Death". Why? Well, try counting how many replies have been sent after me....

• RamadarRamadar Member Posts: 167

You have a great point, and I'm saying that people who pay to play for a game are stupid or immature but if your bitching about a game your playing the question is why are you stilling playing it.

Are you waiting for the game to get better or are you so addicted to it that you don't want to lose all the time and money you spent on it.

I'm saying don't let video game's online or not online run your life, push it away if you find yourself playing any game more than you than your awake I feel sorry for you if your like this.

By the way I like the Witch King picture.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb....