Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leaked Blizzard development agenda

ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Old news and the only thing known to be somewhat accurate on that sheet is the codename "Titan" is indeed what Blizzard are using, confirmed by them as well.  As far as any of those dates go, if they were true, they probably aren't anymore...heh

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

I like how they have two Diablo 2 expansions already planned even though they haven't even managed to release the game yet, and apparently aren't even close.

At least one thing is for sure, they have milking customers for the cash down to a science. After all, why create a complete game, when you can split it up into separate chunks and charge people full price for each piece?

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by Khrymson

Old news and the only thing known to be somewhat accurate on that sheet is the codename "Titan" is indeed what Blizzard are using, confirmed by them as well.  As far as any of those dates go, if they were true, they probably aren't anymore...heh

Old news or not, it was meant for those that hadn't seen it yet.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by Ceridith

I like how they have two Diablo 2 expansions already planned even though they haven't even managed to release the game yet, and apparently aren't even close.

At least one thing is for sure, they have milking customers for the cash down to a science. After all, why create a complete game, when you can split it up into separate chunks and charge people full price for each piece?

My concern is the Bnet 3rd party stuff listed on there. I hope the RealID "selling our info" fiasco doesn't resurface.

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

I'm gonna guess you mean diablo 3 expansions, also I completely agree that its weird that they would plan out for 2 expansions already as there is no indication right now whether diablo 3 will be a huge success and sell alot or not.

They should focus all their attention to one game at a time and then maybe once they are a reasonably big company they can plan ahead more.

• JaretlaiJaretlai Member Posts: 9

I don't blame them for planning ahead. There is almost no doubt that it'll be a success off of die-hard blizzard/Diablo fans alone. If it were a brand new IP, I'd understand being a bit more conservative. But they did the same with Starcraft 2, because they know they already have a fanbase for the game. As far as the comment about Blizzard being a "reasonably large company"... I don't think that's a concern. They currently own the charts in the MMO industry, they have two other VERY solid IPs (starcraft/diablo), and are working on a brand new IP. I don't think Blizzard qualifies for a "small company" in this industry anymore.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by narakuu

They should focus all their attention to one game at a time and then maybe once they are a reasonably big company they can plan ahead more.

So after having bestseller and GotY on all three IP's they own, as well as the backing of Vivendi, they're not a resonanbly big company?

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• S00S00S00S00 Member UncommonPosts: 69

I'm gonna guess you mean diablo 3 expansions, also I completely agree that its weird that they would plan out for 2 expansions already as there is no indication right now whether diablo 3 will be a huge success and sell alot or not.

They Are a Big Company! 

Certainly earning a lot more than any other gaming companies atm. They are extremely Adept at knowing how to manipulate players of their games and prospective players

I am an Abstract sort of Creature
    Who Dislikes any sort of Restraint
    If you try to pigeonhole me
    I Will Break Free!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

It's not weird at all. Companies don't just sit there planning and putting out one product at a time. They create a "pipeline" of products and services and plan everything out. A company without a good pipeline of products doesn't look good to investors. Now assuming that Diablow 3 tanks (which it wont', the amount of people waiting to buy it just on name alone is considerable) then they will reassess any addons for it.

But Companies don't just sit there waiting to see if a product does well so then they can look at each other and say "now what"?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

What? Diablo 3 is supposed to release Q4 next year?

Dang, that is late. I seen similar leaked document stating Q4 2010 earlier. Of course D2 was moved back 2 years as well, But Blizzard North and Blizzard have been working on D3 forever. They restarted with D2 3 times from scratch, this might be even worse.

Of course it might be good news, maybe they releasized it looked too much Wow and reworked it to feel more like Diablo. I rather have a real Diablo game in 3  years than World of Diablocraft tomorrrow.

• NubzzNubzz Member Posts: 2

old news and a load of crap