Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: 2010 Awards: Most Anticipated MMO

Comments

• UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640

anyone surprised?

with SWTOR we know, what we most propably get. regarding GW2, there is still some hope.

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 516

BAWWWWW....   face it Lucas-Goons, the Empire is falling and your precious  will be Pre-NGE'd before it even gets to open Beta.  Now get outta here before I press the button on your Chest Console that tells your mom to come pick you up.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by iller

BAWWWWW....   face it Lucas-Goons, the Empire is falling and your precious  will be Pre-NGE'd before it even gets to open Beta.  Now get outta here before I press the button on your Chest Console that tells your mom to come pick you up.

I can see how you feel threatened and would need to attack the fans.  Oh well. can't please everyone, and some you can't please at all.  Have fun with  your game, whatever that is.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

The results are as unsurprising as the posters trying to find excuses for why their game didn't rank first. Regardless of whether the game will be any good GW2 deserves the hype it's getting as it's the only game really trying to be different and with solid gameplay footage out there.

• khallkhall Member Posts: 1

I'm not surprised GW2 did well, but I am a bit surprised by the margin.  I think SWToR will do well and GW2 will do well.  They both look to be innovating MMOs, for the most part.  Only time will tell really.

There is no Darkness like Ignorance.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495

Sucks to be DCU -- getting rushed out of the door next week (and months early, IMO) and being at the bottom of that list. But it's way too late to rebuild it from scratch.

• obeloviper95obeloviper95 Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by UsulDaNeriak

anyone surprised?

with SWTOR we know, what we most propably get. regarding GW2, there is still some hope.

this is one of the most incorect statements i have seen on here...

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

Originally posted by obeloviper95

Originally posted by UsulDaNeriak

anyone surprised?

this is one of the most incorect statements i have seen on here...

I agree GW2 has released more info comapred to SWTOR. Infact, there is so much more we don't know about SWTOR.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• obeloviper95obeloviper95 Member Posts: 84

you make no sense... im not sure what it is your even trying to say.....?.... and the lucas bashing becuase they are number 2 to a free to play game?.... whatever. time will show the truth.

Makes no sense at all. Unless you thought SOE is running this game too?

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

SWTOR is basically KOTOR3 with integrated chatroom...i'm sure you can even turn off seeing other players for the ultimate casual experience

Guild Wars 2 at least tries to be more of a MMO than GW1 was

Originally posted by kishe

SWTOR is basically KOTOR3 with integrated chatroom...i'm sure you can even turn off seeing other players for the ultimate casual experience

Uninformed bashing yet again.  You  haven't even looked at the game have you?

I would point you to the full feature list which proves the above wrong but it's pointless, you won't look

Note to others, read the full feature list for ToR before coming to the above conclusion.

How anyone can come to the conclusion you just came to Kishe is beyond me.  After everything they have released it should have been obvious what the game is now.  Just try and take a look at the game before coming to a conclusion.  This one is null at the moment as it's based on almost zero info.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I'm more surprised Tera wasn't above Rift.  But I guess rift was doing beta events and has a lot more known about it.

It's funny, we know next to nothing about both TOR and GW2, but people scream praise about gw2 here more then any other site I visit.

Stop trolling please or atlease read the full feature list of SWTOR. As much as i love GW2 its hype will be its un doing in the end.

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

Kotor will be an alright mmo, with a couple of evolutionary features from every bioware esingle player rpg. It won't excel nor even remotely dent wow's popularity ever, and will sit alongside as 'an alternative'. If it does become a hit it only replaces one set of sub shackles with another.

Guild wars 2, however, looks to break many MMO moulds, including subs. So even if it isn't a 'better' game than kotor, every mmo gamer worth their keyboard should pick it up to try it.

But, of course, they won't. They criticise it from a state of ignorance and will be too afraid to try it, lest it prove that they've been wasting money :P

Regardless, both kotor and gw2 are leaps and bounds ahead of the tripe that came out this year.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

I was one of the GW2 voters, not because I think it will be more successful than others, but rather because it has features in it (that the others lack) that I'm more interested in.

I'm probably going to give 4/5 games a try (DC being the notable exception) anyways until I hit a winner.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Originally posted by whilan

I would point you to the full feature list which proves the above wrong but it's pointless, you won't look

Note to others, read the full feature list for ToR before coming to the above conclusion.

How anyone can come to the conclusion you just came to Kishe is beyond me.  After everything they have released it should have been obvious what the game is now.  Just try and take a look at the game before coming to a conclusion.  This one is null at the moment as it's based on almost zero info.

Oh I have...All the way to how they highlight how their advanced henchman system makes it you dont ever have to look for group again!

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

This is funny seeing the amount of trolls baiting people and simply stupid or over-zealous fans falling for them

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Oh I have...All the way to how they highlight how their advanced henchman system makes it you dont ever have to look for group again!

That's not necessarily a bad thing lol.

This is not a game.

Then you would know about the group quests, the raids, the pvp, the crafting, the open worlds, the world arcs.

You would also know that the companions are actually only an additions to yoru character.  They do not in themselves make you powerful enough to take on group content unless you really out level it.

If you knew all this you wouldn't have made that statement. 

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

What were last year's most anticipated, and how'd that work out?

• ashfallenashfallen Member Posts: 186

Keep waiting for the vast Disappointment that GW2 will be, but hope im wrong.

• WertheWerthe Member Posts: 236

Originally posted by ashfallen

It's really nice that you worry about us and our feelings that much and we trully are gratefull to you. But i really think that you should concentrate on whatever game you're waiting for and less on us and our expectations.

• ashfallenashfallen Member Posts: 186

Originally posted by Werthe

Originally posted by ashfallen

It's really nice that you worry about us and our feelings that much and we trully are gratefull to you. But i really think that you should concentrate on whatever game you're waiting for and less on us and our expectations.

That should have been "I keep waiting... " Sorry for the Typo, and sorry I offended your sensitive nature about a GAME.

• hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322

Voted for SWTOR because that's what I'm anticipating the most but GW2 is definitely second on my list. KOTOR games were some of my all time favorite games on PC and I'll play TOR for at least 6 months to get more of what I loved from those games. Hopefully the fun will last until the price of GW2 comes down a bit but I'm still hyped for both games!