Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got acct reactivation email offer. 17 Euros a month is way too much

dolphin666dolphin666 Member UncommonPosts: 55

I've always had a fun time playing this game in the past and was pleased to receive the account re-activation email.

Unfortunately, they need to drop the monthly price. It's way too much.

Any news about whether Funcom will come to its senses?

Comments

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

Why the hell anyone would want to pay 17 bucks for such an out dated MMO? yes its is good and my first MMORPG but it is not worth 17 euros bud. All other MMOS also include VAT and still cost around 13 to 14 euros. This prics for AO is nonsense.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276

Because there hanging on a string. Trying to get every last customers money with this " new engine soon" idea. 

I think AO is the best game ever and really wish they would make a second and better one. But the fact is I have played this since day one and I have been hearing about the "new engine" for 4 years now.  Its very apparent there just milking the rest of the money they can out of this game.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Funcom is total rip-off. They are charging Euro customers 33% more than US customers taxes excluded. 

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

Yeah i would happily pay 17 bucks for a new AO-2 but not for such an outdated MMO. Currently it is the most expensive P2P MMO on market..lol. Funcom is silly.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276

Still find it hard to believe that lots of other games didnt adapt some sort of implants design like AO had. I really see no fun in just right clicking to equip armor.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

I always wanted to give this game a try (not, I don't like the F2P option) but its not worth a full sub price to me.  They should have dropped it to 12.00 or less and I might have.  (Its not the actual cost, but the principal of the thing)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

If FC had dropped the subscription price on AO I would happily have paid for a 4th account.

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

i got the 30 days free time  but  i wont be resubbing  £17 is a lot for game  . and with all the stuff  people buy . that just ripping people off now . i think its about time the put the coffin  lid on this game  befor it loses all the greatness it once  had

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Been playing as a froob. Is it really that much to sub?  (pushes jaw back closed) I mean it's still a very enjoyable game but 17 Euros? Thats not so much taking the biscuit as it is ram raiding the whole shop the biscuits where in............Now I want biscuits.

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

i would still play  this if did not cost so much . the org im in is awesome  nice friendly players  all ways doing runs  helping out  thats what i like about the game . one time i used  pay for this and wow at same time  when it was  worth paying for