Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta 4 sometime next week ?

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

According to Abigale we are supposed to keep our eyes peeled for an announcement sometime next week. Good luck to those who get in. Beta 3 was a blast!

Link: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?17761-Beta-3-Draws-to-a-Close

Comments

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Thought Beta 3 was the final event?

Oh Ok just read the post ...looks like I was wrong!

• VegettaVegetta Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by Wrender

I think there are going to be like 7 beta events (That was a number mentioned in one of the podcasts...)

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

I hope i can get in.. Rift was the most fun i had on a MMORPG in a long while..

I found SOME bugs and reported them but through and through it was very solid.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• TwystedWizTwystedWiz Member UncommonPosts: 175

Originally posted by Vegetta

Originally posted by Wrender

I think there are going to be like 7 beta events (That was a number mentioned in one of the podcasts...)

^This

+1 because the "Beta 3" that just ended was not originally planned, it was more like Beta 2.5 with the real 3 still to come.

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

I had a blast this event , the invasion were just awesome along with the random PvP( the first event had a raid force of Guardians blocking our way to the last mob and well....they got facerolled in seconds as we converged on area with like almost 5 full raids was over in seconds for them lol).

I'll be waiting with great anticipation for the announcement next week so I  can make plans to play those days(VIP tester).

• MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307

Seeing as  the rumored release date is March id bet we see 3-4 more events with a 1-2 week open beta then a 1-2 week break before Launch. 

My timeline would be an event every weeekend in January (that would give us 7 tottal) then open beta for 1-2 weeks first part of feb then 2 weeks off before march release.

• ShadusShadus Member UncommonPosts: 669

Originally posted by Markn
    Seeing as  the rumored release date is March id bet we see 3-4 more events with a 1-2 week open beta then a 1-2 week break before Launch. 
    My timeline would be an event every weeekend in January (that would give us 7 tottal) then open beta for 1-2 weeks first part of feb then 2 weeks off before march release.

^ although I wouldn't be shocked to see another event shoved in somewhere along the way. Trion has proven extremely adept at incorporating bugfixes and necessary adjustments into game play rapidly and they seem to like (wisely) making sure those changes get adequate testing.

Shadus

• detaodetao Member Posts: 1

I don't normally post on these sites, but feel that I need to make a comment on this subject.

Trion have proved to be different from most gaming companies. They handled this last beta as a professional developer should. They kept us all informed of what they wanted to try and what they expected from us. They made it a totally enjoyable beta experience.

I have played many CB events in the past and all of them treat us like mushrooms, (keeping us in the dark).

Trion have already stated that they will not release the game until they are 100% happy with what they are putting into the marketplace. So guessing at the number of betas events is the wrong thing to do, I am sure that they will have as many beta's as they feel necessary until they are totally happy.

Well done to Trion. If the rest of the gameplay is as good as the first 20 levels then you are onto a surefire winner.

I for one will be paying to play this game

• Cody1174Cody1174 Member Posts: 271

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

I hope i can get in.. Rift was the most fun i had on a MMORPG in a long while..

I totally agree.  It was polished enough for me to actually enjoy the game.  The class system is fun, animations are good. 

Lets hope end game is good.  I hope they dont pull a Age of Conan.