Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is going to Preorder Rift?

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Just kinda curious if anyone out there really likes Rift besides me.

Before anyone actually says anything about this game, like it is too much like WOW, or EverQuest, or any of the such I would just like to say that Rift Interface does kinda remind me of World OF Warcraft, Ever Quest, Runes OF Magic, Guild Wars, Fury Online, and Cabal Online, but after all who wants a really complicated User Interface?

Yes the Crafting System also reminds me of games like World OF Warcraft, and Runes OF Magic, but who wants to spend their time constantly crafting gear like Final Fantasy XI, or Final Fantasy XIV, which I could not even stand to play a week before I quit, who wants to guess materials, and spend hours Crafting something, rather than just collect the materials and craft what you want already.

I am sure there are other similar things to other games like War Hammer and the looting system; however the developers of Rift have given the game more of a unique feel to the game. The game offers a decent challenge compared to World OF Warcraft, you actually have to defend the map from incoming Rifts, and outposts and such. It seems the Developers of this game have also taken it a step more than what sony did within the past years of EverQuest 2, World OF Warcraft, and War Hammer did as well, Sure from my game play on all these games I can say it has a few Ideas, but the Rift system, and the way the entire game is not instanced like Ever Quest, Plus it has decent character Models, and armors compared to War Hammer Online, and such, as I have uploaded quite a few snapshots here out of over 200+ Snapshots I have collected. Yes Rift has Instances like Iron tomb, and such, but the entire map is not instanced, and the Graphics are Nice. I ran this game in Ultra settings without hardly any lag except in massive raids, but I am sure that was because of all the Particles all the way up as well on that setting.

Also I will be honest about something as well when I first played this game, the game feel really boring until around level 15-20 for me, and I really didn't like it. Also in this game I can actually more stand to play Ranger that has a pet unlike in wow with the hunter which I could not even stand to play it other than Guild Wars of course was the only other game I could play a Ranger in and enjoy it. The monsters in this game are also more of a challenge than wow, if you get aggro for any reason your chances of getting away are slim unless your have a big speed boost or something but they actually follow you quite aways, and the best chance is to stay and fight usually depending on class and skills.

Also there will be many more things I am sure to come into this game, but for now I like the game as it looks really great, my only concern is if Guild Wars 2, or Tera Online will be more fun, as they both look really great, but so far Rift, GW2, and Tera, seem like the only three decent 2011 upcoming MMO in my opinion that have a chance to be really good.

So what does everyone think, who is going to Preorder, and who actually enjoys this game?

Comments

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

I was still up in the air about it until this last beta... the game is an absolute riot.  Rifts are an amazingly fun way to group and level quickly, even for solo players. 

PvP is great because you never really know what you're up against... sure, he's a warrior, but the combinations are endless so you have no clue.  It really keeps it exciting.

The devs have been VERY impressive.  They have responded quickly to issues, brough out patches, actually incorporating feedback from the players.  I think this is the most important thing.  Sure, the game is not perfect, but the devs are smart enough to know that creating an MMO is an ongoing process.  They have a very solid foundation on which to improve.

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

I doubt I'll pre-order, but I will be playing this game(until something else comes along).

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• sidhaethesidhaethe Member Posts: 861

2 pre-orders for this household (likely Collector's Editions, too).

• bathamaelbathamael Member UncommonPosts: 11

Count me in,btw best CE ever seen..

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Got in Beta 3 and messed around a bit. i didn't like there was not multiple starting zones. The starting areas were a bit bland for me. Made it out to the "world" and kept seeing the same "death" rift pop up several times as I was running the same boring kill quests. The rift events were all exactly the same stages. From what little i saw I I was really excited to try out the game at first but now I have lost all interest in it. I only made it to like lvl 7 but got tired of seeing the same exact rift pop up. When does this change exactly? Also the mobs I fought were all extremely easy to kill. When does the so called challenge kick in? The only time I died was when I just stood there and let them pound on me for like 5 minutes. Does the quests get better than simply kill x of this mob and turn in over and over or is there quest variety later on? I really want to like this game but from what I saw now I'm not sure......

• LambicLambic Member Posts: 22

I will be pre-ordering a CE very shortly image

• ZaktharanZaktharan Member Posts: 1

In fact, after this phase of beta - count me in. Awesome!

Live and let them live too.

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

It would be a sin not to pre order such a kick ass CE. So i am certiainly going to preorder 2 CE for me and my wife.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by mmogawd

I was still up in the air about it until this last beta... the game is an absolute riot.  Rifts are an amazingly fun way to group and level quickly, even for solo players. 

PvP is great because you never really know what you're up against... sure, he's a warrior, but the combinations are endless so you have no clue.  It really keeps it exciting.

The devs have been VERY impressive.  They have responded quickly to issues, brough out patches, actually incorporating feedback from the players.  I think this is the most important thing.  Sure, the game is not perfect, but the devs are smart enough to know that creating an MMO is an ongoing process.  They have a very solid foundation on which to improve.

This^

these guys annoyed me in Beta 1 and 2 and then blew me away in Beta 3.  Combat is fun now and I didn't mind the linear questing as the rifts and invasions really shakes it up.  That and the tweaks to the soul trees made it even better and gave me a glimpse at what I could do at higher levels.  Lots of different specs to try and have fun with.  

Plus the CE, just blows me away with it's value, so I've already preordered.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I like the looks of Rift,but i will never pre order any game.There is about a 90+% chance i buy the game,but i will need to play it at least a bit first,i am not just handing my money over without a test drive.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• VegettaVegetta Member Posts: 438

I'm preordering the CE

Game gets better every beta - I am really enjoying the game.

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

If I were to preorder this game I'd have to get the CE.

Just because the thumb drive will be the only thing in the whole package that'll get any use after 3 months.

• SynneSynne Member Posts: 7

After having so much fun in Beta3 I am sold on it for sure. 2 preorders for me and atleast one will be the CE. Really am impressed with all I have seen so far.

• japojapo Member Posts: 306

Yeh...I'm in.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

If Trion sticks to it's current path and doesn't build in any no-goes, i will most likely play it.

I'm not preordering MMORPGs anymore though and unless Trion comes up with something like lifetime keys in preorders only, i will buy Rift on release.

• Fuel68Fuel68 Member Posts: 41

I will be preordering a Collector's Edition set for myself and for a few family members.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CzelawCzelaw Member UncommonPosts: 173

I'll be getting the CE please lol

• ZippsnZippsn Member Posts: 31

i would preorder if i knew that the world, quests, and so on are as good as the first 20 levels.

• NuichNuich Member UncommonPosts: 123

No pre-order.

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

Collector's Edition. I'll give Scott and crew a chance with this one.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• darkeviadarkevia Member Posts: 43

Count me in for the CE as well :)

• DyonysusDyonysus Member Posts: 5

I will be pre-ordering as well, not the CE though.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

not me

• VPgearchinVPgearchin Member Posts: 168

I like the game so i may pick it up, I may also get the CE for the book and soundtrack stuff.