Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well it may not be a WoW killer but....

deadmilkdeadmilk Member Posts: 173

I'd love to have it be an SOE killer!  It would be so sweet to have a video online of Smed walking into a building for unemployment:-)  I can't wait for this game!

Comments

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I find it odd how people are so vindictive or hateful towards certain companies.

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

Originally posted by arenasb

I find it odd how people are so vindictive or hateful towards certain companies.

Sad but true. One can only imagine the anger behind wanting a company to die or go out of business, only for something as silly as a video game. In an economy like this why wish for someone to lose their jobs.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• CorthagathCorthagath Member Posts: 291

i dont want soe to die ! they still have games that i want 

• Elox1Elox1 Member Posts: 211

Except Cryptic, they actually deserve it ;)

• AblestronAblestron Member Posts: 333

its dog eat dog out there, for the companies like blizzard and EA ect... money is the most important thing, no matter how much drive some of their workers might have to bring us good games the ones who control the companies are not passionate game designers, their businessmen who are out to make a profit and any content cutting or other form of messing with our product they can do they will do if its to make a profit. 

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

The  truth about killergames is that they actually don't klll other games or gamecompanies..

I personally think that 2011 will be the first step of GW2 towards becomming a true competitor for WoW. All current games will loose subs to GW2... (and SW:TOR , rift, ..)... but the MMO market wll grow even more...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750

If sales are anything to look at, there is one thing for certain. People all across the globe know a good game when they see it and the right advertizing is done about it in advance on television.

Call of Duty Black Ops sold an unbelievable amount in a very short time.

What did they do that other companies can learn from?

1. Had a track record of several Call of Duty games leading up to Black Ops that were all good.

2. Really showed new and immersive content to the viewer on television for about 2 months leading up to release.

3. Multi-platform. Now this may not seem big, but it's huge. Not all gamers have PC's. Some have PS3, some have Xbox360, some have WII......basically if you start on the PC and go from there you will end up with a great product.

If Guildwars 2 follows these 3 principles they will see sales that are huge. They may not get to Black Ops level since the high fantasy game is obviously not for everyone, but a one time purchase for a fair amount of replay value could certainly be a large driving force.

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

Originally posted by Elox1

Except Cryptic, they actually deserve it ;)

No one deserves to lose their job, get your head out of your a** please. I hope no one wishes same for you.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367

There's no such thing as "deserve" in this world.  Things happen, for some reason or another.  People not buying their games has more affect than someone wishing the company would go bankrupt.

Of course, most of the time people think of them as inhuman single entities, and not as the collection of people who make up the company.  But in the end, it doesn't matter.

• mattadams007mattadams007 Member Posts: 70

One things for Sure the Current Guild Wars 1 is a Sold Game, but mostly there is something to be said about a Game where all You have to do is just buy it 1 time and Your done with No Monthly Fees. All this with players totaling over 5 Million in the player base I'll definitely be watching this game an I hope I'll get the chance to Beta it as well.

*Article Link Circa 2008* http://www.slashgear.com/guild-wars-hits-5-million-subscribers-2710470/