Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Friend was given 12k gold...Ban?

RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767

A lvl1 just game my friend 12k gold in Orgi...Will my friend be banned for taking it? I assume the person was a gold buyer, but really dont know, never had a situation like that before. Then again it could have been a bank alt of someone leaving the game.

Comments

• DreadnickDreadnick Member Posts: 6

tell your friend to transfer to cho'gall and mail the gold to me.

• RavenStJRavenStJ Member Posts: 309

only if he bought it

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Originally posted by Rzep
       A lvl1 just game my friend 12k gold in Orgi...Will my friend be banned for taking it? I assume the person was a gold buyer, but really dont know, never had a situation like that before. Then again it could have been a bank alt of someone leaving the game.

Sorry, but quite right he should get a ban until investigated!

I have all characters below L5 blocked for chat, let alone trade and please tell me how accepting 12k from a L1 character is ever going to end well????

Best case is that your friend reports the trade him/herself just to be on the safe side if it was a legitimate transaction.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• wicked357wicked357 Member UncommonPosts: 172

I wouldn't worry about it to much, I have plenty of friends who have purchased gold in WoW and nothing ever happened to them. I'm not talking like 1k, Im talking like multiples of 5k and a few 10k's I personally never had a problem making gold in WoW but not all my friends are into farming for gold or consistently doing the AH thing. I would tell your friend to feel lucky that someone decided to empty there alt bank and give it to someone instead of just quiting like I did.

• PraorPraor Member Posts: 519

Originally posted by Rzep

I wouldnt worry about it, I've given tons of gold away , infact earlier this year before I left the game, I gave 1000g each to all my guild members , before Boa gear and random dungeon rewards I used to do pretty good selling twink gear on my protection pally, hehe SFK I used to AOE down again and again getting the assasins blade and mining thorium ore here and there .

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

• CailiegCailieg Member Posts: 85

I have had friends who left the game give me 10k+ and never a worry.

Of course I and they were always max level so that could have something to do with it.

Alexis

*smiles*

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

If the gold was earned legitamately there's nothing to worry about.

If it was purchased gold Blizzard could come along and take it back, however most people wouldn't buy gold only to give it away.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon