Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need a new game!!!

tyrrintyrrin Member UncommonPosts: 39

Hey all, I am in need of a new game! I have been playing WoW Cataclysm since launch, and WoW in general for the past 5 years... I have played Asherons Call (LOVED IT), UO, EQ 1 and 2, Conan, WAR, several others that I cant even think of right now... And I am bored to tears!

The new WoW XPac feels more like a job than a game, and I just cant stand it anymore... Deleted all my toons and closed my account so that there is no insentive to ever go back!

Now I am drooling over SW:TOR, playing the RIFT Beta, and just watched 50 minutes of Guild Wars (WOW!!! is all i can say about that). but i need something to pass the time! I am stuck in a dungeon on a base for 10 hours a day with nothing to do but play mmo's. Please suggestions! I need a game that is straight up fun and doesnt feel like a job/grind...

Tell me about your game and why I should jump on! I seriously appreciate it!

Comments

• tyrrintyrrin Member UncommonPosts: 39

Anyone got anything?

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by tyrrin

Please suggestions! I need a game that is straight up fun and doesnt feel like a job/grind...

You know, depending on how you are set you are at looking at things in that light, they are all going to be that way.

So no, can't help ya until you help yourself. Not to mention the fact that if I did suggest a game that had nothing to grind or work hard for, you'd probably say it doesn't have any goals or long-term longevity. Double-edged sword.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• azulokualaazulokuala Member Posts: 6

Sorry im on the same situation, i would love to play vindictus but im from europe :<

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by nomss

DCUO....

Well i tried to play that on PS3 but i was getting an error, couldnt find a solution so I ended giving up

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I am absolutely loving Lotro right now. It pretty much has all the things I like in several different MMO's.

Originally posted by bigsmiff

I am absolutely loving Lotro right now. It pretty much has all the things I like in several different MMO's.

I can't understand why so many people like it... music system is great, game is boring as rusty nails.

It's like a version of WoW for people that refuse to align themselves with the likes of those that actually play WoW.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Originally posted by GTwander

I can't understand why so many people like it... music system is great, game is boring as rusty nails.

It's like a version of WoW for people that refuse to align themselves with the likes of those that actually play WoW.

I adore lotro but that is kind of the harsh truth, but i tink the only reason for me it felt boring was the combat.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by azulokuala

DCUO....

Well i tried to play that on PS3 but i was getting an error, couldnt find a solution so I ended giving up

You should keep trying :)

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

DCUO....

You should keep trying :)

Check out the beta forums, devs usually reply in the ps3 technical help section. I played it on my ps3 flawlessly although i ended up spending more time on the pc version since I found out ps3 and pc have different servers.

What do you play that is more exciting?

Exciting? Vindictus, Mabinogi, DCUO, etc.

I play Wurm for the depth, but it raises more fear than excitement in combat. Getting your ass handed to you in pitch-black night while lost in the woods is intense, but not really all that fun until you survive it and look back on it. Dying and losing a corpse sucks balls.

• NightAngellNightAngell Member Posts: 566

What do you play that is more exciting?

Having played lotro for 3 years on and off along side Vanguard i can say that lotro is a good game with a good story mode but it really is boring as hell compared to Vanguard.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Vindictus is the best free to play game out right now (in my opinion of course). Its not your typical mmorpg or even an mmorpg, its an mmohacknslash. :p

Ive played em all and i like many of them, but check out Vindictus for sure like the above poster mentioned.

Other than that i dunno man, ive bought several new games over the past week from the Steam holiday specials but thats just different stuff i wanted to play.

Try Vindictus because its free.

I've pre-ordered DCUO, love the beta. Im not reccomending for you to pre-order it tho because it might not be your thing. I recently quit WoW myself after 6 years and DCUO is a nice change but i was fortunate enough to get the beta without a pre-order. :p

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• tyorketyorke Member Posts: 46

Perpetuum

< Thank god I am atheist

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

you can play vinductus from Europe if you play through a VPN or tunnel BTW.

You could consider playing Guilds wars if you're excited at guild wars 2.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• deadmilkdeadmilk Member Posts: 173

Darkfall.... thank me later.

Originally posted by skyexile

Dont know if we can talk about that, but i already used a VPN, and when i get to play with other players on a party i lag like hell :S

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Dont know if we can talk about that, but i already used a VPN, and when i get to play with other players on a party i lag like hell :S

well yea that is a major drawback since the games boring as playing single player... :P

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Wasn't this a Huey Lewis song?.. lol

Anyways..  EQ2 is nice.. I'm enjoy it, and have been for almost a year.. LoTRO is ok too.. I haven't tried any of the new games that came out the past couple years..  I'm boycotting Cryptic currently, until they make changes.. lol  I'm waiting on TOR and GW2, but that might be some time..

Good Luck

well yea that is a major drawback since the games boring as playing single player... :P

Nexon is an evil company :<

Exciting? Vindictus, Mabinogi, DCUO, etc.

I play Wurm for the depth, but it raises more fear than excitement in combat. Getting your ass handed to you in pitch-black night while lost in the woods is intense, but not really all that fun until you survive it and look back on it. Dying and losing a corpse sucks balls.

I just want you to know that I downloaded Vindictus and I really like it. Thanks to you I will never see the sun this weekend.

/shakesfist

• FistyMayhemFistyMayhem Member UncommonPosts: 61

Try Minecraft ( www.minecraft.net )

It's cheep, doesn't have a sub fee, can play off line single player if need be or find a server to play with other people on.  It won editor's and player's choice awards for best indy game of 2010, it's crazy addictive and super fun.

Don't let the graphics scare you away, I love my realistic graphics as much as the next geek but it doesn't bother me in the least.  (you can also get texture pack mods people have made to increase the res a bit but past a certain point  [about 64x64]  it looses its charm)

• PhazelPhazel Member Posts: 1

I'm on the same situation =(

I tried to play the new games but, the ones i downloaded did not have european servers -.-'

NoiTaniGamI

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Originally posted by tyrrin

Hey all, I am in need of a new game! I have been playing WoW Cataclysm since launch, and WoW in general for the past 5 years... I have played Asherons Call (LOVED IT), UO, EQ 1 and 2, Conan, WAR, several others that I cant even think of right now... And I am bored to tears!

The new WoW XPac feels more like a job than a game, and I just cant stand it anymore... Deleted all my toons and closed my account so that there is no insentive to ever go back!

Now I am drooling over SW:TOR, playing the RIFT Beta, and just watched 50 minutes of Guild Wars (WOW!!! is all i can say about that). but i need something to pass the time! I am stuck in a dungeon on a base for 10 hours a day with nothing to do but play mmo's. Please suggestions! I need a game that is straight up fun and doesnt feel like a job/grind...

Tell me about your game and why I should jump on! I seriously appreciate it!

Grab the Fallen Earth Trial , you will proably enjoy it