Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: Heroes vs. Villains

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In his latest DC Universe Online column, Bill Murphy goes into a bit more detail about the PvP system that the game will employ. It's good enough, in fact, that Bill opines that he adores fighting other players. Find out why in Bill's DCUO column. Let us know what you think about DCUO PvP by commenting below.

I recently wrote an overview of the systems in place for PvP in DCUO. I tried my damnedest to not spend too much time talking about personal opinion and instead focused on giving an informational look at what’s available for play. Now that I clawed my way painfully through an article without spending the entirety of it giving just my own feedback, I think it’s safe for me to use my weekly DCUO column to talk a bit more about PvP in SOE’s latest based on my own experiences. In the short form? I adore fighting other players in DCUO. The longer version however is a bit more layered. So sit tight and read along, won’t you?

Read more DCUO: Heroes vs. Villains.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• zahir123zahir123 Member Posts: 21

Good article I think most f not all agree that the articles about DCUO are what makes part of the hype specially interested on more info on the gear you get, those random quests and also crafting  but everythong so far is good stuff.

Now why does noone speak of Superman in DCUO is driving insane he is my fav hero of all also co-op play is now on beta? how does that work, aslo most complaint about dcuo will probably be the subscription alogn with ps network access if someone cleared that up by saying there would not be extra charge for PS3 players that alone would make hype raise

Goodread nonetheless.

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

ps network is free of charge...xbl you have to pay for but its worlds better than psn and worth the .....6 bucks a month i think?

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

still have 2 major gripes with it, social functions buried making it not feel MMO'y and has it got quite enough to justify a sub, still can;t help but feel this would have been far better using a GW model of Box 2 play then a load of micro's

• TadianTadian Member UncommonPosts: 18

I would consider buying it if it was B2P or just had a cheap subscription like 5€/month.  I don't think that it will be worth 12-15€/month.

It just doesn't feel like that. Maybe something will change my mind but not right now :)

• WoW_RefugeeWoW_Refugee Member Posts: 80
    It's a MMO so it costs money. Period. People really must stop thinking EVERY game should/will be F2P. F2P will continue to be the exception, not the norm.
  • StealthriderStealthrider Member Posts: 40

Heh, if you think Batman is overpowered, you haven't seen Bane yet.

Dodge the rock. Just dodge it.

• TadianTadian Member UncommonPosts: 18

Originally posted by WoW_Refugee

It's a MMO so it costs money. Period. People really must stop thinking EVERY game should/will be F2P. F2P will continue to be the exception, not the norm.

I would agree with you if DCUO would feel like a MMO. But for whatever reason it doesn't feel like one for me.

I payed for so many MMOs and I don't like most of the F2P stuff, so don't think I'm with the F2P crowd ;)

• Edd213Edd213 Member UncommonPosts: 19

I hate that the spam weapon combos do more damage then your spells. I know playstation is going to have a hard time with handling multiple spells but please figure it out better then NERF-ing all the spells and BOOSTING the damn combos

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Nice article about PvP but maybe I missed it in a previous article but what is the incentive for PvPing? Can you like control certain areas and are there any rewards for it?

Because I can see that just mindlessly PvP for no purpose will quickly get boring and pointless.

• silentkillahsilentkillah Member UncommonPosts: 55

As of right now the only incentive to open world PVP for anything item based is Soder Cola's! Beta 4 Server capped at 20 right now is so competative that people are digging down to the science their characters. I've never seen such devotion and commitment into putting every single tiny amount of detail into tweaking their characters at the moment.

You may have a fire tank, but there are multiple ways to building him and respec. Lot's of fine tuning going on. And what the OP said about issues about class balance and combat bugs.. there are tons... sometimes so small they can semingly change the outcome of any battle depending on the class you're against. I've never been so frustrated and happy at the same time tweaking out my characters with skill/power combinations. The outright open world 1v1 top player pvp alone will grant me a sub.

• aaronmanzeroaaronmanzero Member Posts: 75

is it just me or does this look like marvel ultimate alliance?

• sirsammy33sirsammy33 Member Posts: 64

ill love join any league when game come out )

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by Yamota

Nice article about PvP but maybe I missed it in a previous article but what is the incentive for PvPing? Can you like control certain areas and are there any rewards for it?

Because I can see that just mindlessly PvP for no purpose will quickly get boring and pointless.

There are some incentives,  mainly at the earlier levels,  you get XP gain from missions from open world PvP.  Arena and legends gives way to PvP cash and .. jeez I can't remember what they call it now,  but I believe it was called the mark of legends or some junk, which is basically a third currency used to buy legends characters.  

So you have regular money for regular gear,   then PvP cash for PvP gear,  and that third set of cash whos name I vaguely remember for Legends characters.  

So ultimately the main incentives come from arenas.  Minor ones for open world PvP, which is geared more towards the fledgling player rather then the veteran as I don't believe any PvP cash is given for open world PvP bounty missions at this time, though that may change in the future.

• ambushbugambushbug Member Posts: 21

Another day another DCU article.

• RaikoLivesRaikoLives Member Posts: 89

Originally posted by ambushbug

Another day another DCU article.

I see this as a good thing. this is possibly the first game that has me interested in PVP. I want the awesome armour sets that you can get!