Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just because it's Star Wars

2»

Comments

• darkrain5darkrain5 Member Posts: 53

star wars makes me want to play this game

star wars dusn't make me keep playing it when it isn't fun

thats it :)

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Well, uh, no.

I look forward to it because

1. Its been made by Bioware

2. It is story-focussed, which is the strength of Bioware

3. It got 150 mio $ initial development cost that probably ended up somewhere

4. What I've seen so far looks good

5. There is no competition anyway, no other MMO or singleplayer game is occupying my time

6. I dont care about graphics, what I've seen in that respect is more than good enough for me

Star Wars ? I like the movies and I like the two KotoR games. Other than that, I'm not that much into Star Wars.

P.s.: Oh, also from graphics it seems they removed the ugly oversized lightsabers. Those where a true turnoff for me.

Bottom line is: I trust Biowares story telling ability and thats apparently what they focussed on with SWTOR. I didnt cared much for Star Wars before I played KotoR and I trust Bioware can keep me interested.

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941

Actually I'm looking forward to this game only because is Bioware. A Star wars game made from another company? meh who cares. Like all the other SW games out there.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Originally posted by pierth

[...] If it has similarly disappointing item-based endgame as what I've played already I'll most likely hit cap on a character or two and quit.

Well, is there even an endgame ? I dont expect to play SWTOR longtime because it doesnt seem to contain the classic elements of an endgame.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by Adamantine

Originally posted by pierth

[...] If it has similarly disappointing item-based endgame as what I've played already I'll most likely hit cap on a character or two and quit.

Well, is there even an endgame ? I dont expect to play SWTOR longtime because it doesnt seem to contain the classic elements of an endgame.

Search feature is your friend here.

If you click end game in the full feature list thread here

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/view/forums/thread/300581/Full-feature-list-will-be-updated.html

you will see everything they have said they are planing to do for endgame

Basic group quest, single quests, raids, pvp, and crafting.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

Star Wars  never caught my attention. Yes I have seen all the movies and such but it lacks luster.  Jedi mind powers are just telekinesis with a new name. 

What exactly is the force? People will only buy this game for its name and I don't know why.

-I am here to perform logic

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

I am a huge Star Wars fan but honestly the fact that Bioware was designing it caught my attention first. Any fan of Star Wars knows that the games have been extremely lacking, and nearly no good Star Wars games have ever been made despite a lot of them being released. 

Bioware has a good track record for making fun and in depth RPG's, it will be good to see if they can carry that into the online world. 

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by Theonenoni

Star Wars  never caught my attention. Yes I have seen all the movies and such but it lacks luster.  Jedi mind powers are just telekinesis with a new name. 

What exactly is the force? People will only buy this game for its name and I don't know why.

Apply a bit of simple logic and I am sure you can work it out.....

I love your last line , you proclaim to know jot about star wars then suggest people will buy it then state you don't know why ...

Ask yoiurself why people buy anything and you might have your answer !!!!

I wonder why you replied when you proclaim you know nothing about the IP.

People will buy the game because it will be:

• Developed by one of the number one Gaming Developers Bioware

• Fantastic Value for Money , 9 solo storylines as well as the full MMO experience

• The Star Wars IP, and the fact that Bioware is a company with proven track record fro delivering the IP already.

• the above 3 will do for starters I could add more but not sure its required.

• b.alexb.alex Member Posts: 47

Just because its... (insert famous franchise). Fuels half the gaming industry lol. It's the only marginally safe bet that investors have, and smart investors dont invest on speculation.

• TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

Originally posted by Isane

I love your last line , you proclaim to know jot about star wars then suggest people will buy it then state you don't know why ...

• Fantastic Value for Money , 9 solo storylines as well as the full MMO experience

• The Star Wars IP, and the fact that Bioware is a company with proven track record fro delivering the IP already.

I'm sorry about my last line. It doesn't matter who developes it. The setting of Star Wars is too simple and it will be hard to add anything to it without completely changing what Star Wars is. Its like how Beowulf was a great read, but a terrible movie.  Full MMO experience???? what is that?

-I am here to perform logic

• OcirusskdOcirusskd Member Posts: 212

Originally posted by Isane

I personally will buy this game because  I will try every game that releases this year in hopes of finding a game that appeals to me.

I don’t care about bioware’s single player accolades

I don’t care about the solo story lines or the IP

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

I'm actually not a fan of Bioware style of RPGs with the choice dialogue, nor am I a fan of theme park, quest/gear based MMORPGs.  However, like you, I am following the title somewhat closely just because it is Star Wars.  Anything Star Wars is at least worth a peek.