Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DCUO Open world Encounters Questions

nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Hey, I was just wondering about the open world Encounters. For example, we have heard about Dooms Day. Is that the only one? Or are there lots more? How do we participate? I guess they're not instanced (Open world)? Do we get special loot?

Comments

• SavageSageSavageSage Member UncommonPosts: 66

Like normal, non villian layer, encounters in the main city, all participants that get hits in on a target, you get mission cred, xp and loot share based on participation.

• Chile267Chile267 Member UncommonPosts: 141

Yes, they are open world. There are wanted posters in the police station (hero) for example that will have you get a bounty on say Bizzaro. You will need the help of many heroes to take him down. I was on a mission near the hospital in Metropolis and was knocked out of the air with a beam. Low and behold it was Bizzaro who proceded to hand me my ass.

There are other's in the open world that happen/triggered by events, timed, etc. that will appear without needing to go into an instance.

It was a nice surpise to turn around to see what hit me to see Bizzaro walking through the hospital grounds an kicking ass.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

cool, thx for the reply guys.

• Originally posted by Chile267

Yes, they are open world. There are wanted posters in the police station (hero) for example that will have you get a bounty on say Bizzaro. You will need the help of many heroes to take him down. I was on a mission near the hospital in Metropolis and was knocked out of the air with a beam. Low and behold it was Bizzaro who proceded to hand me my ass.

There are other's in the open world that happen/triggered by events, timed, etc. that will appear without needing to go into an instance.

It was a nice surpise to turn around to see what hit me to see Bizzaro walking through the hospital grounds an kicking ass.

You don't even need to use the bounty boards per se.  You automatically complete the quest if you happen to participate in killing and I think even if you are attacked the quest auto pops into your jounral.

I helped kill Full House and got credit as quest completed and Hawkman/Hawkgirl attacked one of my characters and I ran and I suddenly had the bounty quest.