Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dawntide Online, whats the situation?

As the question said, whats the situation? I haven't played since the beginning of the Open Beta. If someone plays can you please tell me how the game has changed, what was improved or fixed. Please tell me facts and not opinions (i.e. "THIS GAME IS THE SHIT!!!!")

Your input is much appreciated.

World of Warcraft is the original creation of God. Real Life is in fact a WoW clone.

Comments

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

I didn't see this thread so I had created my own. . not sure how I missed it.  I just went back after being gone for a long time.  The game is greatly improved in many areas.  It felt a little more polished and I got that feeling that I wanted to explore and could be part of the world.  Hard to explain exactly.  It reminded me of some of my first MMO experiences, UO, DAoC, Meridian etc.

I think the game has a lot of potential and you should try it out again, if like me, the last time you looked was closed beta.  The problem is that I don't think it has moved along enough given the time.  Based on the pace of what I saw it will need at least a year or two if they get going.  The animations are rough. . the "lag" between combat results and animations are bad.  The movement doesn't feel smooth at all and there is no guidance at all (which I don't mind).  It is a complex game. . but they do need to focus in accessibility somewhat.

It is better. . maybe enough for me to give it some time. . but not enough for most people likely.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!