Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

definate improvement but SV STILL doesn't know how to code.

JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

so i had an extra 15$ burning a hole in my pajamas so i re-subbed after about 3 months away. i was actually mildly surprised by the few improvements this game has made. there aren't tons of them and they are not super impressive or anything but i guess any improvement is better then none. i liked many of the new features even if they make the game "harder' and a even less solo friendly, like butchering. i dont care, i'm a guild player. there has been a definate overall preformance increase, and the fighting is actually  feeling a lot better and funner without the machine gun bows and 120 dex mages.

so wile i and 4 other guild mates were marvelling at all the improved features and hard work SV has been doing to this game 2 reds come up and kill all 5 of us wile substaining almost no damage. now, you might think "well you guys suck and just got rolled by pros", but that wasn't the case. we hit them many, many times even from afar with mounted archers but these guys were swimming and running as fast as our horses wile wearing full plate armor! in case you dont know full plate armor in MO is extremely heavy and wile giving awesome protection against damage makes you extremely slow. wile you can run at a reduced speed you definately cannot swim with it and you are slower then anyone else wearing lighter armor.

this is where i learned of the new "phantom" armor bug. basicly the latest SV fuck up where sometimes when you rezz by a priest you respawn wearing all your armor instead of being naked like you are supposed to. the kicker is that the so called "phantom" armor protects just as good as the previous armor you had but with 0 weight making you run and move as fast as a naked guy!  this of course has become the fotm exploit for many red players and even entire guilds.

................../DOUBLEFACEPALM!

it's really all i have to say.....so damn typica of SV. just when you start thinking they might just make something out of the mess they created something like this comes out.

Comments

• shogunoneshogunone Member Posts: 85

At least once a month there is some kind of armor or weight bug that certian people exploit.  The one you are speaking of now is heavily exploited by an allaince in GK.  I will  not name what the alliance is but it has ASS in the name :P.    But I was killed by a couple of them a day ago on foot while I was on a steppe and they caught up to me no problem.   I was plinking them a decent bow and doing like no dmg.   The kicker was I thought I could jumo int the water to get away.  I forgot I had a carcas on me and as soon as I hit the water I sunk like a stone.  But them wearing full steel plate swam sown to me killed me, and swam away.  ouch......

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

I dont know, I been playing this game for 3 months now and I have to agree with most of what your saying. The exploit bugs got me climbing the wall. Last night we nailed several players only to watch them return from the preist moving at the speed of a mount wearing the same armor they died with. From what we gathered, after dieing, is that when you die your armor remains on you (minus weapon) yet, the game does not...acknowlege it and the now resed player moves as if he has no armor. Ok, so we were tempted to return the favor of the death to life armor exploit but chose to regroup, send a rep to SV and share that we want things corrected including gear loss or 30+ people will not re-sub.

Drag too cause this game is coming along but forced to exploit to survive is one of the main reasons we left Darkfall. I can not blame the kiddies for such behavior as they were just being...kids. But with a GM notified at the time, it smells to high hell. I may be really bummed to leave this game but the whole concept of sandbox is taken away by such situations.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

I tried to play this game again but after I bought a sub it showed up as canceled.. I contacted support and they said it was working fine and deleted my ticket. Obviously its not working fine or I wouldnt have made a support ticket.

Anyways, I initiated a chargeback and will remove MO from my bookmarks after being there for 2 years.

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Another part of the game which hasn't made any improvements is the community, as well as the support...

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/57137-mo-doesnt-want-new-players.html

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Even the long time "champions" of MO have had enough.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/57182-nice-work-overall-but-pls-fix-huge-problem-asap.html#post1080021

SV cant continually let things slide, there are certain things that need to be fixed ASAP!!! (been over a month) Nothing kills a PvP game faster then an uneven playing field.

I win!!! LOL@U

• ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Interesting similar discussion on the official forums...

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/57182-nice-work-overall-but-pls-fix-huge-problem-asap.html

loool, its the same dude who made this thread who made that thread.....of course it be similar.

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Even the long time "champions" of MO have had enough.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/57182-nice-work-overall-but-pls-fix-huge-problem-asap.html#post1080021

SV cant continually let things slide, there are certain things that need to be fixed ASAP!!! (been over a month) Nothing kills a PvP game faster then an uneven playing field.

The above linked post by Mycke was deleted on the MO forums.   Summary: You have to exploit/cheat in MO to now be competitve, yet he isnt willing to sink to that level.  Asking for SV to fix a KNOWN issue thats killing the game .

I win!!! LOL@U

ROFL.. now they locked the whole thread....

Anyhow.  It is obvious that some people are getting frustrated by the issue.  It remains to be seen if the continued locking of these threads on the official forum will work for SV.   I honestly don't understand why they don't just ban everyone using the exploit.  It seems to be one of those instances where everyone know's who is doing it... So simply reporting the guys should be easy to verify and ban.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Probably loyal long term customers, or relatives/friends/etc of SV people... you can't blame them for not wanting to ban their most loyal followers, given the way things went over the last year.

Nice to hear that there are some improvements though, even baby steps will get them there eventually, and this game could be pretty great once it's smoothed over.

Another thread on the subject closed... this time with an excuse from Henrick as to why they couldn't fix it "today" (which in itself is funny considering how long they have known about the exploit/bug).  He also explains that letting prospective players actually know about the exploiting would hurt sales....

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/57251-im-ready-have-cash-mortal.html#post1080616

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Another thread on the subject closed... this time with an excuse from Henrick as to why they couldn't fix it "today" (which in itself is funny considering how long they have known about the exploit/bug).  He also explains that letting prospective players actually know about the exploiting would hurt sales....

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/57251-im-ready-have-cash-mortal.html#post1080616

"Now just brining up this issue to new interested players is probably not the best way of getting new players into the game. You want more population, but you want to drive away interested customers"

Something creeps out from under the rug and he blames the players?  Not fixing the game and ignoring glaring issues will also keep potential/current players away Henrik. image 

I win!!! LOL@U

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

Can pretty much confirm you're allowed to do anything you want with the game, files and "creative use of mechanics" like the phantom armor (old bug, was fixed month after release before it spread too much) and you will not suffer any repercussions to your account whatsoever, UNLESS you are so brutally obvious e.g. flying around the world.

Back 2 months after release GM's didnt bother permabanning anyone because the bans wouldn't "stick", i.e. someone would remove them manually from the database. Same someone who'd scream about needing proof before paying customers were banned. Naturally, FRAPS of player insta-killing risars and flying off into the sunset wasn't adequate proof since "it could be client-side lag".

How is it relevant to the OP? Well to put it simply, they've been pushing content out since Day 1. Every patch has been about "adding more content", back when we (players) were whining for territory control and improvement to Keeps, more sand to play with, taverns, etc. What this means is, they've been building new code on top of broken code, on top of broken code, on top of more broken code.

Then they dragged it through an engine overhaul or two just for good measure, and applied more broken code. At this point, the game code itself is so horribly unfixable (as anyone who unpacked the files and took more then a passing look will know) that it's a more intelligent (and less expensive) solution to scrap everything but models/artwork and start literally from scratch.

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

Since I actively play the game, I have more reason to be frustrated by bugs than a few people here, and yes, I'm frustrated by the bugs.

That being said, all this sounds like lazy-boy football playing.  None of us here have ever released a game, and none of us ever will...  It's a hell of a lot easier to call someone incompetent than it is to accomplish what they've accomplished.  

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Originally posted by shogunone

At least once a month there is some kind of armor or weight bug that certian people exploit.  The one you are speaking of now is heavily exploited by an allaince in GK.  I will  not name what the alliance is but it has ASS in the name :P.    But I was killed by a couple of them a day ago on foot while I was on a steppe and they caught up to me no problem.   I was plinking them a decent bow and doing like no dmg.   The kicker was I thought I could jumo int the water to get away.  I forgot I had a carcas on me and as soon as I hit the water I sunk like a stone.  But them wearing full steel plate swam sown to me killed me, and swam away.  ouch......

you are wrong im afraid. The alliance in gk do not use the bug, at least not now and report those who do to the gms.  It is a bad bug. But to be fair it hasnt been ingame that long. Im just glad that sv seen sense when it came to adding in all the high level materials they are planning to hold off on them becasue with bugs like this getting throguh it would have been a killer to the game. Steel is easy as hell to get even mobs drop enough steel to make 2 swords so its no major loss, since all materials below steel are pretty much cheap.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/57241-should-i-buy-mo.html

About the bugs look at what even long time MO players say.  Even on the official forums now they can't hide the anger and frustration of players and how bad this game is.

Originally posted by raff01

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/57241-should-i-buy-mo.html

About the bugs look at what even long time MO players say.  Even on the official forums now they can't hide the anger and frustration of players and how bad this game is.

The official forums have always had anger and frustration, you can't read through the forums and honestly believe the mods ever even attempted to censor the bulk of it ... though I like how most the people posting in the thread you linked recommend playing MO...

• NddeshNddesh Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by funkmastaD

Since I actively play the game, I have more reason to be frustrated by bugs than a few people here, and yes, I'm frustrated by the bugs.

That being said, all this sounds like lazy-boy football playing.  None of us here have ever released a game, and none of us ever will...  It's a hell of a lot easier to call someone incompetent than it is to accomplish what they've accomplished.  

Would you call a chirurgian incompetent if he mistakenly took out your balls instead of your appendix? Or you would be like .. ''Hey, i never done any surgery, It's a hell of a lot easier to call someone imcompetent....''

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

Originally posted by psyknx
    I tried to play this game again but after I bought a sub it showed up as canceled.. I contacted support and they said it was working fine and deleted my ticket. Obviously its not working fine or I wouldnt have made a support ticket.
    Anyways, I initiated a chargeback and will remove MO from my bookmarks after being there for 2 years.

Check your card it was likely out of date or something. Don't you think that it is strange that no one else has any problems re-subbing this game?

SV should do a charge back on you.

Originally posted by Nddesh

Originally posted by funkmastaD

Would you call a chirurgian incompetent if he mistakenly took out your balls instead of your appendix? Or you would be like .. ''Hey, i never done any surgery, It's a hell of a lot easier to call someone imcompetent....''

It's more like a forum full of nobodies saying "what, this doctor spent an hour doing an apendectimy?  What a dumbass, I could do it in 5 minutes... and he used anaesthetics? NOOB"

Analogies are fun.