Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some advice please.

VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

I have been thinking of upgrading my computer but not sure if I should do it now or wait for some time, I have no problems with current games I play but considdering that my motherboard cpu and memory are more than 3 yeares old I ask you now my fellow gamers:-)

Current cpu   Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz,2997Mhz,2core, 2logistic prosessors

motherboard is asus pk5.

System I am thinking to get is,,   Intel Core™ i7 Quad Processor i7-950 Quad Core, 3,06Ghz, Socket 1366, 8MB, 130W, Boxed w/fan

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, X58, Socket-1366, DDR3, ATX, USB3.0, SATA 6Gb/s, 2xPCI-Ex(2.0)x16, Revision 2.

Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz 6GB CL9 Kit w/3x 2GB XMS3 modules, CL9-9-9-24, for Core i7

I think however I wait week or two till intel releases their new prosessors,however it will look something like this.

Should I live with my old system for 1 more year or upgrade?

PS, why does it allwyas bump down 2 lines when I shift line here at mmorpg forums?

Vidir.

Comments

• MehveMehve Member Posts: 487

At least wait for the upcoming processors. Worst case scenario, prices on older stuff may ease down slightly, best-case scenario, you're looking at a better processor adn chipset entirely.

Regardless, I'm not sure I'd recommend socket 1366 stuff at this point - the stuff is hotter, more expensive, and most of it's advantages aren't really used by home desktop applications. If you don't like the new stuff that comes out (or the prices), go with some cheap socket 1156 stuff.

A Modest Proposal for MMORPGs:
    That the means of progression would not be mutually exclusive from the means of enjoyment.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

Wait for Sandy Bridge to launch, probably next week, and then see what's out.

Intel isn't going to slash prices on old, obsolete processors.  Intel just doesn't do that.  They'll discontinue the old processors instead.  Go check prices on Core 2 Quads today.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

Thanx guys:-)