Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DCing in wow any ideas?

after i play wow for like 10 min i get my UI frozen and can move my char still my chat works just fine

so plz if u have any ideas to fix this post them

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Try disabling all your addons, it might work.

I didn't understand if your problem is DC (disconnected from server), or your problem is that your UI gets somehow bugged. If only your UI gets bugged, and you can still use chat, try using chat command

/script ReloadUI();

It will not prevent the bug from happening, but it will reload your user interface without having to restart the game.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Remove all add ons.

Delete your cache folders.

Run the Blizzard fix tool to check for errors.

Check for any Malware.

Check your video card drivers are compatible/up to date. If you have just updated them, roll back and see how that goes.

Check your sound drivers as above.

Check the Blizzard forums/FAQ's for any advice.

All else fails, clean install.

Would do all of these one by one and see how they affect your game in any way at all rather than just blitz the lot as you won't know what started the isues in the first place otherwise.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

am geting Disconnected from server and the UI frezzs is not a vedio card one it's an internet problem

Originally posted by wasim470
    am geting Disconnected from server and the UI frezzs is not a vedio card one it's an internet problem

You did also mention that your chat still works fine, if that means that you can still chat with people then that would tell me that you still have a server connection and thus not directly an internet disconnection issue?

The main point is that you don't know for certain what is causing your problem, all we are doing here is giving you general solutions to various general issues. If you believe it is specifically an internet issue then deal with it from that perspective.
    Reset your modem

Reset your router (if you are using one)

Plug the computer directly into the modem to bypass the router (if you are using one)

Drop and reset your IP address if you are using a dynamic addressing ISP

Get your ISP to check the connection

All else fails, get your telecomms supplier to come and check your line (may be a cost involved).

The first post i made will cover most general issues, this one covers general comms issues. It is all just advice, take it or leave it.

Your only other solution is to get an engineer on site to check it out for you and that will cost you somewhere between the cost of a call out and an hour to find a simple issue or the cost of a whole new machine and OS for a complex issue.

• wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

y it's seems to be a connection  iproblem as Blizz also said did the route trace and i stars ******* at hub 3

blizz told me it's the ISP but my ISP can't seem to figer the problem out

if u check blizz fourms u'll find that lots of ppl like me having it the same way

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1172929026?page=13

I suppose to get my point across a little better i should use the words of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in that;

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Computers and comms individually are fairly simple creatures, but once you throw an OS and other assorted software into the mix it becomes a whole different story, some of the solutions offered in the above posts may not resolve your problem, but at least you can eliminate them to a degree as a direct cause which limits the remaining possible outstanding issues.

Good luck.