Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon

Man is anyone following Xsyon? I think it will be releasing really soon, Or that is the word i am hearing. I play the game now and i can't wait! It has changed leaps and bounds from what it was when i first joined. So if you are looking for a cool sandbox type game give it a look. People gave it a lot of bad press when they pushed back the release, but it was worth it i think :)

P.S the world map is flippen huge!

Comments

• ReptiliyanReptiliyan Member Posts: 14

One of the big problems I heard was combat was slow and terrible all around (I also saw it in a video a while back and agreed). Has the combat improved a lot? Do you know of any videos?

• s126shadows126shadow Member Posts: 8

They have worked on hit boxes, And contiues to tweak it. Honestly i like the way it is.

• charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381

I also play it and i quite enjoy it too, This game has alot to go for as there is so much you can do.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by s126shadow

They have worked on hit boxes, And contiues to tweak it. Honestly i like the way it is.

s126shadow, how do you like the ranged combat in Xsyon?

From the way it is, I don't believe combat was ever intended to be a major focus of the game.  It's more of a builder/terraformer.

The combat is really, really lackluster in Xsyon, in my opinion.

That, and the game is still not anywhere near ready to release, if they intend to have the announced launch features in the game and functioning.  I know that the lead dev said that it might be ready to launch perhaps the middle of next month, but his predictions have been WAY off every time so far - I think this is another one, because it's just nowhere near ready.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• FarReachFarReach Member Posts: 229

Originally posted by s126shadow

Man is anyone following Xsyon? I think it will be releasing really soon,

I just signed up for the paid Alpha, I mean Beta, the other day.

The game may be good one day, but you're still looking at another year or more before it's actually a game. Right now, it's just harvesting over and over and creating stuff that really have no purpose. I would absolutely not jump the gun like I did.

Some good ideas, but some red flags too. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3979019/Better-Niche-Games.html#3979019

I would go into a little more detail, but most of what I would tell you here, I just wrote earlier today in this thread.

• s126shadows126shadow Member Posts: 8

A lot of the things that are announced are actually done. Just not turned on. The game is getting close in my opinion. Heck i was talking to the Dev the other daya nd he said even the animals will grow in power with each daily server restart. Welli should say the ones who do not get killed :) can you imagine an epic bear as your pet? hehe, I can't wait! And have you been to a tribes village yet? Amazing looking! Is it going to be darkfall? Heck no. I think of it more like you take on the role of a person who is trying to make it in a harsh world. And if you go into it thinking that way you will not be dissapointed. If you are looking for some hardcore gank fest type game. This is not the game for you. Can you kill anyone in game? yes. But you will be hunted down. Kinda reminds me of UO in a way.

• DSBHRDSBHR Member UncommonPosts: 75

To me "not turned on" content does not turn me on........

I liked the list of things they  had in the game.  Then saw the videos.  This is definitely a game that will be released a few months before it sees any of my money.  Way to many red flags flying.