Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grinding legendary relics

Grinding the relic to use on your legendary item is insane in Lotro because you can't just chose the relic type you want. I think most people use auto combine to get a random result. If you wanted to chose the relic type then you have to repeate the daily quest to pick up the same reward from NPC. As I know, the highest is Tier 4, so let's say 5 days x 5 = 1x tier 6, 25 days = 5x tier 6 = 1x tier 7, not too bad, within a month you can get a Tier 7 relic. But if you want Tier 9, then it will be 125 days for 1x Tier 8, and 625 days for Tier 9. That's why I think most people use auto combine.

It's heavy grinding but yet the ridiculous thing. I noticed that the Tier 7 Platinum Setting of Bulward is exactly the same as Tier 8 ITHILDIN Setting of Reflex in which it means that if you wanted to have Tier 9 MITHRIL Setting of The Citadel then you are going to waste 625 days. Because Tier 8 is same as Tier 7.

I really think there is no reason to make Tier 8 same as Tier 7 just to increase the grindings.

Comments

• maddie517maddie517 Member Posts: 5

or you could just do a few skirmishes each day and buy a ton of the 23 SM tier 1 relics, and then auto combine them. I tend to buy 20-30 of the tier 1 things a day, they soon start adding up, each its not quick, but within a week you have a nice selection of tier 8/9's

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

never auto combine - wait till you have at lweast 5 of a relic then combine it and you have a much greater chance of getting a a "crit" combine which will give you anywhere from 2 to 5 relics from the combine

Not being a min/maxxer I don't grind anything but if you really want to grind relics for whatever reason do the quests from the two guys in Dolven view (across from stable master) that give fused relics as a reward. There are 6 quests available per day from them.

Still cannot figure why anyone would want to grind anything though. Just learn to play your character well and have fun. Playing skill trumps equipment in this game, I have proved that time and time again.

I miss DAoC