Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Problem with Star Sonata

MacedonMacedon Member Posts: 1

Hey all,

Iv'e played star sonata for about a year, some know me as Seronys, the recently banned pirate. Now first off, it clearly states in the introduction of the game that pirating is part of the game. I was on a well known pirate team, and pretty much 95% of my time on the game was killing everything that came into sight. I was a veteran player with multiple accounts, and had been wreaking havoc for quite some time, before i was banned. The reason for my ban was stated as "griefing" but most of the game knows this was no reason to ban me. Rules in star sonata are not clearly stated, the admin team leaves players to do things then punish them after they have had no knowledge of the rule they were breaking without warning. What happend was i was doing my daily rounds in some pvp hotzones, and as i was fighting, a player from a well known and strong team came by. I killed him of course, once, then went off to fight others. I came across him again shortly, killing him again, and again i went off to fight others. Shortly after when he had the choice to continue on and leave me behind he decided to come into the same area as me and stick around, so i then proceeded to attack him again, and before i could even finish him off, i was banned on the spot. Permanantly. Turns out the person i was fighting was an admin of the game. I have done this action of killing players the repeatedly many times before and have recieved no punishment for it. But because i did it on an admin he caught me "red handed". First off this seems a little like entrapment, the player being an admin not warning me that what i am doing is bannable, and not telling me to stop, he decided to hang around me and let me get into a situation where i could get banned, as if he wanted me to get banned. Which is utter bullshit, the admin staff on this game is terrible, the public relations are terrible, and everyone the plays the game knows this. First off, when admins play a game, there is always going to be the urge to "cheat" and make it unfair for the other players as the team that this admin was on has been accused off countless times. The admins in the game have been thought of as biased towards some teams in the game due to their relations with certain players which causes a lot of tension between players. A longtime player was banned because he was calling the team the admin was on cheaters. A stupid reason to ban someone when you could just ignore him. After this ban, i was outraged and refused to let it stand, so i raised some chaos within the game, and grew support on the forums. Lots of players thought the ban was outrageous even some of the ones i killed on a daily basis. This wasn't the first time the admins have done a bullshit move, thus infuriating the populace. The way the admins control the game, is like living in communist russia under stalin. There are so many rules and bullshit calls, you can't move without having to make sure you can't be banned for it. PVP is also frowned upon in the game, and will lead you towards a bad reputation (which holds to much in the game) and the playerbase will frown upon you, and the admins will look to get rid of you in anyway possible, claiming you are costing subscriptions. Meanwhile i probably created more subscriptions than i cost, i don't recall one person i made quit the game.

All in all the game is going downhill due to the controlling admins, and they will ultimately be the downfall of the game. 

Comments

• RagemasterRagemaster Member UncommonPosts: 131

Please use formatting next time... that was a challenge to read.

Im installing this game now, I was hoping for some fun side game to go along with eve, but what you said is quite disturbing. I have run into abusive admins on certain servers and player run mods before, but never from a commercial developer.

This is troubling news, indeed. Unfortantly, I cannot get the stupid patcher to run on my 64 bit W7 OS. BTW, how is the pvp in this game.

• LoginMessageLoginMessage Member Posts: 5

Seronys was banned for PvPing too much, by Jeff_L, the game's owner.  Voomy is the head Player Relations Admin, whom reported the issue but did not act with a ban.

Star Sonata is a very small game compared to say...EVE Online.  As such, if a player quits over being killed too much, it burdens the small income made to pay for the servers.  Seronys had just killed too many people of various Player run entities too much.

The primary location for Seronys' PvPing was a hub galaxy(term for SS's version of "system") where every player had to go there sooner or later for one reason or another.  As such, it naturally became a pirate camping zone, where a pirate team could setup and kill with relative impunity.  If the pirates felt threatened, they could take haven in the Protected galaxy one jump away where no one could touch them.

Seronys' most recent set of kills was right before he was banned.  He had killed Voomy's Player Character 3 times in a row.  To Seronys, it was normal combat, since the team that Voomy is part of declared war on Seronys' team: iWin.  After the third kill, Voomy made a request to the owner, who promptly banned Seronys.

The ban was unfair, and many other players did agree, but the tone Seronys used to argue his case left his ban permanent.  He slandered the admins and cussed them out repeated, bluntly calling them stupid, and such.  Seronys supposedly plays Runescape now.

Border Collie Light Fighters rule

• ashiresashires Member Posts: 10

Played SS for quite awhile.

pvp/griefing is a kind of hard line to cross at times I suppose. 

Just killing someone is pvp imho, even killing them and then killing the escape pod (all it does it make them losse some money really) but killing the same person over and over is greifing imho *shrug*

SS is a good and fun little game, but the community seems to be the biggest downfall to me. Lots of wonderful people, but some just take it all too seriously

• Dremora116Dremora116 Member Posts: 1

I played SS for about a year n i liked it but got permabanned on about three accs n i was shocked n didnt know what for...then i spoke to Jeff n he said it was of the chats....but i didnt know i was hurting anyone couse i never got a warning for a thing, i mean your always doing mistakes n in this game you'll get punished. :/