Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I feel like the term "Instanced" is over-exaggerated...

People seem to claim that games are mostly instanced.  Games like World of Warcraft are regarded as being very instanced, but I would have to disagree.  Most people just tend to look at the end game content and base it off of that.  Yet, the players never look at the meat of the game, the leveling experience. 

The word instanced is used too much and the MMO world seems to care about it too much.  Any many of these so-called "instanced" games, I felt like i was in a massive world while leveling and getting better.  People just seem to put the word instanced on a a game based off of its end-game experience.  

I am trying to make this as short as possible because I have to leave, but I just feel the term instanced is over-exaggerated on this market and most of this instancing happens on end-game and many seem to overlook what games truly have to offer.  Please feel free to tell me how you feel.  

-------- Pepsi, OUT.

†Pepsi1028†

PEPSI!!!!!
Get out of your box already...

Comments

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Wasn't FFXI truly non-instanced?

So compare to XI, I'd say WoW is very much instanced.

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

To me, the leveling isn't the meat of the game if it's a themepark like WoW. What matters is endgame. I'm getting tired of all the endgame being instanced raids/pvp arenas. It's a big turnoff to hear endgame is revolved around them, like Rift mentioned not too long ago. Sure they have Rifts, but it's more of a gimmick imo.

XI was instanced in endgame with Eijenhar, Dynamis, Assault, etc.

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• TinklepeeTinklepee Member Posts: 32

I've never heard anyone call WoW very instanced... 

it has instanced dungeons but the game world is almost completely free of loading screens.

An example of an instanced game is Guild Wars or EQ2.

https://albiononline.com/?ref=7MN1FPEZ82

I'll split the gold with you.

• MalhavokMalhavok Member Posts: 35

End game is practically completely instanced in WoW. Hell, even normal PUGs don't ever really do anything in the persistent world at end game any longer now that there are all the five man instances.