Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One time trial apparently...

helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

So apparently the Darkfall trial is a one time deal. Thought I would try it out again over the Xmas break to see what all the new rage is about, but they aren't having that since I've already tried the game out before.

They are definitely not doing themselves any favors.

Comments

• mikethkmikethk Member Posts: 105

You have to tell some credit card stuff right?

The reason is that elsewhere goldfarmers (those who sell gold on there homepages) would make new accounts each 14 day.

But ofc. it would be great if you could make 1 more trial account. I say buy the game and play it for min 3 months. Its so hard to tell if you like it in 2 weeks. If you like the idea and how it works, then why not try out the game 3 months where there is time to join a clan and do PVE and PVP and get the game to know for real.

AV is working hard on making newbie experience better, but the end game is still totally main factor. Newbie experience has been increased ALOT this last year and still is.

• virindi1virindi1 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Originally posted by mikethk

The reason is that elsewhere goldfarmers (those who sell gold on there homepages) would make new accounts each 14 day.

But ofc. it would be great if you could make 1 more trial account. I say buy the game and play it for min 3 months. Its so hard to tell if you like it in 2 weeks. If you like the idea and how it works, then why not try out the game 3 months where there is time to join a clan and do PVE and PVP and get the game to know for real.

AV is working hard on making newbie experience better, but the end game is still totally main factor. Newbie experience has been increased ALOT this last year and still is.

No, all you have to do is change your MAC address.

And the newbie experience is worse now than it ever was. At least at launch everyone was a noob, now you have noobs with 1.5 year 24/7 macro/grind veterans.

Start a new character and try to play the game, you'll see what I'm talking about.

*********The forums mods considered this post a troll post. Can you believe that?

Originally posted by virindi1

Change your MAC address.

But seriously, stay away from this game. It's the equivalent to a 9-5 boring ass job where over-powered vets kill and dry loot you, and the customer support tells you to fuck off whenever you find bugs or anything.

Its very sad ppl have to read your non true comments. Vets dont use there time on killing noobs. Its SO wrong. Yes you will be killed by vets and other noobs and it might be harder to accept in the start when you loose your first gear set. But it's not like WOW where gear is everything. Gear will be found again and you might kill another noob yourself just after.

It can be a pain when someone dry loots you. exspecially when its someone that you have a bad relationship to (ingame). But this is what makes the game.

Well vets arent running around killing you..... And ofc there are someone better than you with 1,5 year XP. If you wont accept that you should play  a FPS wihtout skillpoints.

but they are. everyone uses the same loot, veterans want your loot. vets make a habit of patrolling spawn points, that' show they farm. killing noobs and anyone they can find. i would too if i was a vet. the gap in this game is ridiculous and impossible to make up in it's current state.

and don't tell me i'm lying. I actually played a new character, unlike you.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

but they are. everyone uses the same loot, veterans want your loot. vets make a habit of patrolling spawn points, that' show they farm. killing noobs and anyone they can find. i would too if i was a vet. the gap in this game is ridiculous and impossible to make up in it's current state.

and don't tell me i'm lying. I actually played a new character, unlike you.

And why were you there alone there if you know it was so dangerous?

Get some veterans with you and kill off those enemies and loot them. You never whine in DF, you fix the problem : )

It boils down to this: what you can do, and what you can´t do.

• CactusJackCactusJack Member UncommonPosts: 393

Somebody is burthurt over the fact they lost a r10 sword/goblin armor and a fishing pool. Experience pt gain has been increased 6 fold from what it was. HP differences between the vet and noobs was adjusted. You are talking out of your ass. Your problem is you either played alfar and never left that abortion of an area they start in or played for a bit as a brand new newb with no friends and thought you could do whatever you wanted, which you can't.

I don't play anymore but it had nothing to do with what you are crying about. Vets patrolling newb areas is laughable. I have seen newbs get killed b/c one clan was fighting another clan and there was some overflow around them. You are making broadbrush statements that aren't true.

DF needs new people. AV realizes this. I'm not a fanboy, but they are making an effort(finally). New boats, lots of new stuff is coming. I have my own complaints about the game, but I think that DF along with EvE is the best MMO's on the market now.

Crybabies like you shouldn't bother. Move along.

Playing: BF4/BF:Hardline, Subnautica 7 days to die
    Hiatus: EvE
    Waiting on: World of Darkness(sigh)
    Interested in: better games in general

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Originally posted by mikethk

No, all you have to do is change your MAC address.

And the newbie experience is worse now than it ever was. At least at launch everyone was a noob, now you have noobs with 1.5 year 24/7 macro/grind veterans.

Start a new character and try to play the game, you'll see what I'm talking about.

The newbie experience isn't worse than it was at launch (Eu or NA). At launch, while everyone was newbie, Every single newbie spot in the game was camped 22/7, a blue player could get 100 alignment and kill all day without having to fear towers, etc. The only areas that are still bad for new players are around human and maybe dwarf starter areas. The reason those areas are bad still is because china farmers use those areas to harvest resources.  AV  messed up by allowing rare ore to have a chance to drop from every node in the game. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• rpgamer13rpgamer13 Member UncommonPosts: 73

lol what the hell. being a new players isn't that bad. i re rolled one of my alt accounts and have had only one red kill me in a goblin spawn so far. had 3 reds kill me but rez me right after in a kolbold area, they just wanted alignment. most vets don't kill in newbie areas and gank they just kill and rez. if your out mining they might kill you. but as long as you stay un-clanned so your safe in starter cities, you'll be fine

true rerolling an alt and knowing the game for a few months last yr, i have an advantage over a new player. but if they read up on the guides out there and their not afraid to ask questions in game. to which a ton of us will offer good advice. new players should have a good time

Originally posted by CactusJack

Somebody is burthurt over the fact they lost a r10 sword/goblin armor and a fishing pool. Experience pt gain has been increased 6 fold from what it was. HP differences between the vet and noobs was adjusted. You are talking out of your ass. Your problem is you either played alfar and never left that abortion of an area they start in or played for a bit as a brand new newb with no friends and thought you could do whatever you wanted, which you can't.

I don't play anymore but it had nothing to do with what you are crying about. Vets patrolling newb areas is laughable. I have seen newbs get killed b/c one clan was fighting another clan and there was some overflow around them. You are making broadbrush statements that aren't true.

DF needs new people. AV realizes this. I'm not a fanboy, but they are making an effort(finally). New boats, lots of new stuff is coming. I have my own complaints about the game, but I think that DF along with EvE is the best MMO's on the market now.

Crybabies like you shouldn't bother. Move along.

Just because they made it 6 times faster doesn't mean it still takes fucking forever dude.