Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I quit?

im a new player, I think I played for a 2 weeks now and im currently level 45. Currently the game is so boring to me... the quests are mostly questgrinds, which I dont have problems with if there were any people to quest with. Even than its boring. The dungeons get very bored very fast also...

I have 2 months playtime left so I want to know if it is worth the leveling to higher levels 80 ?

Comments

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

when you hit 80 , be prepared for korean style grinding when you head to khitai.

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

Level 40-50 can be a little boring to some, but I enjoyed it over time. 2 weeks? slow down! Find some friends to play with. Dungeons get boring fast?

- Both Black Castle & Sanctum are fun places, and the solo dungeons in Stygia are awesome if you tried them out also.

- Arena 40-50 are also fun, but you need a team and to be in the later 40s to finish due to last bosses. Solo bosses are also fun there.

- 50-60 is more fun imo, not to mention the dungeon on lvl 62-64 or so, one of the better in the game.

- 80 is what you make it. Its fun for those who want to have fun, and a grind for those who choose see it as a chore/work.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I recently quit, had 3 lvl 80s conq, DT, Necro...

PVP grind was imense and the exp was also grind grind grind..

Now the population is so low on the EU servers its totally pointless..

Shame i did enjoy the game when there was people to play with.

• TheIllusiveTheIllusive Member Posts: 196

hm oke, I guess I tried to make it happen, but in the end there was no magic. To few people to enjoy the game. Guess ill try LOTRO again or try the new DCUO in a month.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I returned for the free 10 days they gave me. What disappoints me the most is how few people there are. The world feels so empty. There is the world chat but there doesn't seem to be anybody out in the world. Kind of depressing as I really like the world and the combat of the game.

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Originally posted by TheIllusive

im a new player, I think I played for a 2 weeks now and im currently level 45. Currently the game is so boring to me... the quests are mostly questgrinds, which I dont have problems with if there were any people to quest with. Even than its boring. The dungeons get very bored very fast also...

I have 2 months playtime left so I want to know if it is worth the leveling to higher levels 80 ?

My experience is when you are asking random players you've already quit the game just haven't stopped logging into it yet.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

You're coming onto MMORPG.com, a website for mostly haters and upset people, and asking for an honest opinion... Your mind is not in a logical thinking state here...

Should you quit?

I don't know, should you?!? Are you that tired of the game, bored of it, don't have time, etc.? Make your decisions for yourself rather than come on here wanting us to make up your mind for you. :P

If the game is no longer fun, don't play it. You play games for fun, remember?

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Yes you should quit. That game has tried to turn itself into an actual mmo but the population fizzled away. Pvp is fun until the omg factor of fatalities wears off. Then its a grind just as bad as the quests. Graphics can't save your ass when that's all you got going for you

And the raids at 80 were just as boring, sadly

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

The raids were boring? I haven't raided in the game but I get a different impression from people. They say the end game raids are pretty good.

2 things turn me off from the game, the Khitai faction grind and the low population.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Originally posted by Benthon

You're coming onto MMORPG.com, a website for mostly haters and upset people, and asking for an honest opinion... Your mind is not in a logical thinking state here...

Should you quit?

I don't know, should you?!? Are you that tired of the game, bored of it, don't have time, etc.? Make your decisions for yourself rather than come on here wanting us to make up your mind for you. :P

If the game is no longer fun, don't play it. You play games for fun, remember?

I have to agree with Benthon.

Though I can see where the op is going. He is asking if thing dramatically change and whether or not his game play experience will alter significantly if he sticks with it.

but still, for my taste, if I don't enjoy doing something I usually stop doing it. I just can't get on the "it will get better, wait until later levels" band wagon.

If lvl 1-79 are atrocious and lvl 80 is amazing I would probably just quite and find a game where 1-79 (or whatever) is enjoyable.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ElirionElirion Member Posts: 160

I enjoyed the game immensely from 1-80.  I leveled three toons to 80.  At 80, I slowly stopped having fun.  The raids are nice but get boring after a while.  There just seems to be nothing to do but fight in this game.  The economy is crappy and the crafting is a waste of time.  If you're not enjoying the game from 1-79 I don't think you're going to like it any better at 80.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831