Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

L60 and bored, nothing new to come....

* depressions from Morias underground, after two weeks in Moria  i just cant stand it anymore to be underground

* Moria is to big and confusing, so much running for one or two quests and little xp and crap rewards

* 99% of the quest rewards are useless for my class or just trash

* No more skills to look forward to since Level 55 (skills after 50 are useless for my class)

* Only group content to get new good Items.. Quest rewards are trash.. nothing i could use 

* i am forced to join a Kinship (guild) to advance (or grind,do boring solo quests for tiny xp)

* after Level 60 everything is the same, kill 10 xOrcs burn 10x Barriers, Kill 20 Birds....... simple and Korean like...

* the Legendary items always have the wrong random stats, they are never as i want them. what a stupid system....

* most PUG´s are just frustrating.. i am playing healer or tank either the Healers DPS while i die or the DPS cant manage agro      and taunt doesnt have enough effect.

really anice game until Level 55 then it becomes boring... Eregon was the last well made zone after that in Moria its a Labirynt of endless searching and slow walking ....

Dont flame to much guys, most of the guys that started with me 4 month ago left long ago.. not one of them made it to 50+, they returned to WoW or other games.. 

Comments

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

Welcome to Lotro. The game is awesome up to lvl 50ish. It was even better before, but Turdine made a great job dumbing it down.

From then on it only goes downhill. Each expansion was smaller and grindier than before.

Wait... at lvl 65 it's even worse.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

I don't understand, at level 60 it's time to leave Moria behind. You then have Lorie, Mirkwood and Enedwaith which are some of the best zones in the game + the epic quests then are soloable and have nice rewards + You forgot to mention skirmishes.

I consider övö 50-65 the best part of the game. Some people don't like because in Moria thing become harder which is the opposit of dumbing down.

And if you don't like solo content... then find people to group with.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

I actually look forward to Moria with each character. It's the rep grindfest that comes after Moria that usually turns me off. I get tired of singing to trees in Lothlorien or doing the same dailies for rep over and over in Mirkwood and Enedwaith. I think they did an awesome job with Moria, but not so much with the content since then.

• tysretysre Member UncommonPosts: 6

You dont need to join a kinship for group contents. There are a lot of people which use LFF or GLFF channels for forming groups.  You can get any rad set with moria medals in 2 or 3 days. 

Also you are 60 and you can leave moria behind and go Lothlorien , Mirkwood, Enedwaith..

Originally posted by Redline65

I actually look forward to Moria with each character. It's the rep grindfest that comes after Moria that usually turns me off. I get tired of singing to trees in Lothlorien or doing the same dailies for rep over and over in Mirkwood and Enedwaith. I think they did an awesome job with Moria, but not so much with the content since then.

You do know that rep-grinding and Lorien quests are very much optional and is not needed if you don't want to?

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• vecanskivecanski Member UncommonPosts: 131

Originally posted by tuccos

* i am forced to join a Kinship (guild) to advance (or grind,do boring solo quests for tiny xp)

* most PUG´s are just frustrating.. i am playing healer or tank either the Healers DPS while i die or the DPS cant manage agro      and taunt doesnt have enough effect.

I don't understand - you don't want to join kinship and do instances in professional manner and you really don't  like PUG's... What do you want? To solo end level instances and get best rewards in 10 minutes? There is reason why word massive is in MMO. Do you want that every quest gives massive amount of xp and always great items that will replace weapon/armor from previous quest?  And Moria - its underground maze like its suppose to be... Really I don't get many of your points.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by Papadam

Originally posted by Redline65

You do know that rep-grinding and Lorien quests are very much optional and is not needed if you don't want to?

That's true. I wasn't even going to do the Lorien rep but wanted that white horse. As soon as I had enough I got the horse and was done with Lorien. I roam around it to enjoy the scenery but I don't do the Lorien stuff anymore.

Haven't even done the Mirkwood Rep. I just enjoy roaming around Mirkwood and "offing" baddies.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • mast3rsignmast3rsign Member UncommonPosts: 3

Don't have much posts on this forum but I have played LotrO quitte a while to give my censeir opinion.

Somehow the journey to the max level which is 65 is the most fun I had.

Other MMO's somehow just can't bring the solo quests in the same way LotrO does.

The Ambience, Scenery, NPC, are all well formed.

And with the arrivel of Moria things just got better, it has gotten a bit harder i agree, but I like it I dont want to have the exp handed down a silverplate. Moria looks epic! really big and yes it's confusing, but if you read the books of Tolkien then ingame Moria is nothing compared to his books.

Lothlorien is of the same quality (The area after moria) only it isnt that confusing it has the same lay-out in quests like you have experienced before in your starting erea till Eregion. But I personally think that area will suit your needs because the rewards get better, the quest give much more exp and if you get a nice reputation with the Galladhrim you will be able to craft and get nice things.

Mirkwood is the same but the start is rubish I just don't like the start of Mirkwood, but the end gets much better.

The only area that dissapointed me is Enedwaith (idk the correct spelling). Somehow it reminds me of grinding.

Legendary weapons are an investment in LotrO you need to put your time on it, and it takes a while before you will get the legendary weapon you are looking for. 

The current quest system in MMO's can't really change I think until the arrival of GW2 which will bring a small revolution to how story needs to be told in MMO's.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    One day when Im old and in diapers I'll hit max level and get to complain like you guys. My experience with lotro is it's an amazing experience for a casual altaholic like myself. I have no idea what short-comings Lotro has when it comes to the power gamer or hardcore raiding focused individual.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• NamkoNamko Member Posts: 69

* depressions from Morias underground, after two weeks in Moria  i just cant stand it anymore to be underground

On lvl 57+, you can go to Lothlorien. But i've friends who also dislikes the Mines, they just enter the mines on lvl53(lotro have enough quests to do that) and leave it on lvl57...4levels in the mines shouldn't be a problem.:)

* Only group content to get new good Items.. Quest rewards are trash.. nothing i could use 

OFC group content give better items then solo content does... it's a part from mmorpgs imo.(Why should you even join a group if you can get better items solo...that doesn't make sense)

If you don't want to play with others, you should play a single player game.

* after Level 60 everything is the same, kill 10 xOrcs burn 10x Barriers, Kill 20 Birds....... simple and Korean like...

In Korean mmorpgs, you will need to kill 100 of them(or get items with a very very rare drop)... but every mmorpg does have those quests tbh.

A guardian on lvl60 should have enough taunt skills... I don't have that problem here.

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SandyBrown"]Lotro:[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Wheat"]Rolhad[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Wheat"]The Nine[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Wheat"]Evernight[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

Originally posted by Rockgod99

One day when Im old and in diapers I'll hit max level and get to complain like you guys. My experience with lotro is it's an amazing experience for a casual altaholic like myself. I have no idea what short-comings Lotro has when it comes to the power gamer or hardcore raiding focused individual.

WOW, just WOW.... my head exploded at your hypocricy. Replace OP with Rockgod and replace Rockgod with a world of warcraft fan. And this post can fit just perfectly in world of warcraft forums. Just shows that as long as you like what you are playing you can use same excuses in defense which you usually use to bash that other game you dislike.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

I consider övö 50-65 the best part of the game. Some people don't like because in Moria thing become harder which is the opposit of dumbing down.

The game did in no way become harder with moria, rather the opposite. Let's check changes:

Conjunctions: Nerfed down and made almost useless so that (I am quoting Turbine) "Skilled players do not have an advantage"

Crafting: Changed from rare spawns and drops for unique recipes to generic Beryl Shards and similar that drop left and right. Rate of unique recipe dropping rocketed to the sky. 

Epic class quests: Nowadays soloable via skirmishes on easy-mode.

Epic books: Nowadays soloable in god mode with the new buff. My captain was soloing bosses on autoattack.

Group content: Nerfed down to solo or small group all over the place, specially in the starting areas. Zero open non-instanced group content in MoM, zero open non-instanced group content in SoM.

Gear sets: You can now only farm the first boss in the instance over and over for tokens. You can get the whole set without ever having seen the last boss, not to mention actually beat it.

Come and tell me again that Lotro is nowadays harder, I hadn't has so much laughing for ages.

And by the way, grouping for solo content does not make it group content. If only, it just trivializes it even further.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

I could understand that, if you had to stay in Moria to level.  On my second toon, I'm currently lvl 57, and maybe spent a total of 5 hours in Moria.  It'd be a bit of a challenge, but I bet I could start doing Loth quests right now.

* Moria is to big and confusing, so much running for one or two quests and little xp and crap rewards

My experience, is that my time traveling is about the same as it has been in WoW, since I started playing that, again.  In terms of inconvenience and getting lost, I can agree with you about dead ends, map misdirection, etc, but hey, it's a massive dungeon labyrinth, just as described in the books.

That in itself should tell you it's time to move on to Loth.

* No more skills to look forward to since Level 55 (skills after 50 are useless for my class)

Maybe you should check out some of the skills you have that you never use.  Also, you should check your legendary class traits.  Many of them are full on brand new skills, and I bet you aren't even aware they're there.

You should check the auction for crafted items.  Crafted crits are some of the best stuff outside of raids.  Far as the BEST stuff being in raids, I'm a solo oriented player and I still believe the group content should have the best stuff.  It's interesting how you argue this while the forced grouping people claim games like LotRO provide no incentive to group.

No truth to this.  At all.

Seeing as how you seem to be hiding in Moria still, I don't see how you can make such a claim.  You have yet to experience the "after Level 60" game.

* the Legendary items always have the wrong random stats, they are never as i want them. what a stupid system....

A legit, though overexaggerated claim.  You can replace legacy bonuses, you know.  You just have to get out of Moria and into Loth/Mirkwood to get the scrolls to do it.  I've also had 20-something dwarves tools(for the unsavvy, you can turn them in for a legendary weapon of your choice, 1:1) in my bag accumulated from just a few quests, and this is pretty regular.  You couldn't find legacies you want from 20-something LI's?

Either the guardians you're with are spec'd wrong or you are.  Some healer abilities generate alot more threat than others.  Playing with a group, your strategy must be different than when you solo. 

really anice game until Level 55 then it becomes boring... Eregon was the last well made zone after that in Moria its a Labirynt of endless searching and slow walking ....

Like I and others have said, it seems you've been hiding in there for far too long.

Dont flame to much guys, most of the guys that started with me 4 month ago left long ago.. not one of them made it to 50+, they returned to WoW or other games.. 

Hopefully you don't see my post as flaming.  I'm just offering suggestions.  You have options in LotRO.  You're not sentenced to 10 levels of hard questing in the Flaming Deeps.  But if you're just resigned to not liking the high levels, there's not much I can say.

Originally posted by gordiflu

The game did in no way become harder with moria, rather the opposite. Let's check changes:

Conjunctions: Nerfed down and made almost useless so that (I am quoting Turbine) "Skilled players do not have an advantage"

Eh how is nerfing players making it easier? Conjunctions made the gae trvival if your group knew how to use te,. So the game became harder..

Crafting: Changed from rare spawns and drops for unique recipes to generic Beryl Shards and similar that drop left and right. Rate of unique recipe dropping rocketed to the sky. 

How is camping rare spawns hard? This was one of the most stupid thing about LotrO pre-Moria.

You always could buy them rom the AHm solo easy mode. Getting them from skirmishes is harder. Nice that they gave options to get them since not many groups go to Uru/CD bnow.

Epic books: Nowadays soloable in god mode with the new buff. My captain was soloing bosses on autoattack.

The Moria epic books was not all solo, and 2:5:5 is prboalby the hardest epic quest released.

Group content: Nerfed down to solo or small group all over the place, specially in the starting areas. Zero open non-instanced group content in MoM, zero open non-instanced group content in SoM.

Making old content solo is noot making it easier. There is plenty of group content in Mora outside of instances. But since most peole just skipped the parts with  for groups they changed how to blance solo/small group/group content.

Gear sets: You can now only farm the first boss in the instance over and over for tokens. You can get the whole set without ever having seen the last boss, not to mention actually beat it.

Was not the case when Moria released. Then you had to farm the last boss on hard mode in every instance to get the set. DD and 16th hard mode is alot harder than any group content we saw pre-moria. Watcher and DN is alot harder than any pre-moria raid

Come and tell me again that Lotro is nowadays harder, I hadn't has so much laughing for ages.

And by the way, grouping for solo content does not make it group content. If only, it just trivializes it even further.

Leveling in Moria is alot harder than 1-50 and there is and was alot of people complaining about it. But you seem to think that Tediouse=Hard. But they have made the game more fun and accesible in other areas of the game.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

Eh how is nerfing players making it easier? Conjunctions made the gae trvival if your group knew how to use te,. So the game became harder..

You got a point there, but you missed the "skilled players do not have an advantage". That was the point here... Turdine is scaling the game for the less skilled players.

How is camping rare spawns hard? This was one of the most stupid thing about LotrO pre-Moria.

Whereas getting mirrored gear back in the day was hard work, nowadays it comes with your Cheerios box. Better gear for less effort=easier game, period.

You always could buy them rom the AHm solo easy mode. Getting them from skirmishes is harder. Nice that they gave options to get them since not many groups go to Uru/CD bnow.

Harder? I have had skirmishes beaten by my pet while I was AFK! Farming your epic class quests on AFK is harder? People don't go to Uru/CD now becouse... yeah! Skirmishes are easier! Surprised?

The Moria epic books was not all solo, and 2:5:5 is prboalby the hardest epic quest released.

True, they have only applied the god-mode buff to 14 books, ah, I feel better now that I know that they only nerfed and dumbified all the book quests on the 10-50 range. Book 14 done properly (on level group and no god-mode buff) beats any Moria book in terms of difficulty. Go try it.

Making old content solo is noot making it easier. There is plenty of group content in Mora outside of instances. But since most peole just skipped the parts with  for groups they changed how to blance solo/small group/group content.

There is not a single non-instanced group area in Moria, nor in Mirkwood. Name a single group non-instanced area released since Moria came out. Just one. If you can.

And I don't want to get into the "solo content is as hard as group content" discussion again becouse it is simply ridiculous and absurd.

Was not the case when Moria released. Then you had to farm the last boss on hard mode in every instance to get the set. DD and 16th hard mode is alot harder than any group content we saw pre-moria. Watcher and DN is alot harder than any pre-moria raid

DN was owned the very same day it was released and it's by far the easiest raid ever released in Lotro. Watcher is systematically pugged. A pug raid downing Thorog or Thaurlach back in the day was a very rare event.

Leveling in Moria is alot harder than 1-50 and there is and was alot of people complaining about it. But you seem to think that Tediouse=Hard. But they have made the game more fun and accesible in other areas of the game.

Hard means hard and tedious means tedious and I know very well the difference, thanks. Lotro is now LESS hard but MORE tedious. Turdine had no choice but to rescale the old lvl 50 instances becouse they were a lot more fun than the new ones. Most players agree that the best raid released to day is the RIft, an old lvl 50 raid.

And in 99.9999999% of the games doing the last levels takes longer than doing the first ones. That does not mean it is harder. Man, I am telling I ve been farming skirmishes AFK letting my pet do the job and I ve had my Captain defeat book bosses on autoattack while I am AFK.

Be realistic, will you?

• alderdalealderdale Member Posts: 301

Ya I was wondering how making this game F2P "fixes" that problem..........    P2P games move to F2P only when the game hits its ceiling based on how many people are wiling to pay for what they made,  In other words their product has gone stagnent and they need some way to get people to play it and hope those new players spend money somewhere.

I don't understand, at level 60 it's time to leave Moria behind. You then have Lorie, Mirkwood and Enedwaith which are some of the best zones in the game + the epic quests then are soloable and have nice rewards + You forgot to mention skirmishes.

lol skirmishes, battlegrounds against NPC's..........

Moria becomes harder?  You mean it becomes a grindfest the rivals most Koreans F2P games, thats your idea of harder and the opposite of being dumbed down?

Originally posted by Rockgod99

This is really a nice post. actually, it sums up LOTRO very well, if you play it very casually it can stay interesting, if you play it allot it wears you down pretty quick.  What has made a game like WoW so succesfully is that you can play if for long periods of time and have it not feel like a second job.  I played LOTRO from day one and have left and come back a number of times, in the end I end up leaving from sheer bordom from the repetition of things that just arnt fun.  Repetiion is pretty much the staple of all MMO's its the ones that figure out how to get you to repeat the same thing over and over and not get bored that truely succeed, and thats a pretty short list of games,  LOTRO is not on that list for me. 

• rnor6084rnor6084 Member UncommonPosts: 111

Do not agree at all. Just hit 50 and having an absolute blast. The legendary weapons uped the fun factor for me even more. I log in every night just itching to see what the game has to offer around the next corner. Have not had a bad pug experience yet. The difficulty factor to me seems to be perfectly balanced.

You got a point there, but you missed the "skilled players do not have an advantage". That was the point here... Turdine is scaling the game for the less skilled players.

Skilled players still have an advatage - they are more skilled, do they need more?

Whereas getting mirrored gear back in the day was hard work, nowadays it comes with your Cheerios box. Better gear for less effort=easier game, period.

Back then crafted gear was better in comparion to after Moria. So getting really good gear became harder because you couldnt just get top gear by sologrinding for crafting.

Harder? I have had skirmishes beaten by my pet while I was AFK! Farming your epic class quests on AFK is harder? People don't go to Uru/CD now becouse... yeah! Skirmishes are easier! Surprised?

People did not do CD/Uru long before skirmishes. And are you saying that framing skirmishes is harder than going to the AH??

True, they have only applied the god-mode buff to 14 books, ah, I feel better now that I know that they only nerfed and dumbified all the book quests on the 10-50 range. Book 14 done properly (on level group and no god-mode buff) beats any Moria book in terms of difficulty. Go try it.

People just skipped the later books of V1 because it became tediouse to get groups for them. I tihnk it's better that people solo the content than just skipping it. Ive done book 14 with several characters at level 50. And yes its one of the harder.

There is not a single non-instanced group area in Moria, nor in Mirkwood. Name a single group non-instanced area released since Moria came out. Just one. If you can.

I can name one, Thrors comb, added a couple of onths ago i Enedwaith. Foundation of stone is another.

And I don't want to get into the "solo content is as hard as group content" discussion again becouse it is simply ridiculous and absurd.

I would never say that. I prefer groupng over soloing and I agree that they should focus more on grouping and impoving the LFG tool so it becomes easier instead of making everything solo.

DN was owned the very same day it was released and it's by far the easiest raid ever released in Lotro. Watcher is systematically pugged. A pug raid downing Thorog or Thaurlach back in the day was a very rare event.

I disagree from my experience people have had alot more trouble with DN and watcher. But maybe hardcore raiders had easier time with thoos ethan casuals. Ive been in raids who could not pass first boos in DN , that never happened in the old raids.

Hard means hard and tedious means tedious and I know very well the difference, thanks. Lotro is now LESS hard but MORE tedious. Turdine had no choice but to rescale the old lvl 50 instances becouse they were a lot more fun than the new ones. Most players agree that the best raid released to day is the RIft, an old lvl 50 raid.

Maybe they rescaled them because thoose instances almost never was played even back when they were at the cap and they wanted to get the moneys worth out of them. Helegrod practicly died after Rift was released and most people never sat foot in any Annunimas instance.  This was a feature alot of people was asking for, I guess we should be mad at Turbine for listening to the players again?

I agree that the Rift is the most fun raid so far. Even if boss 3-5 is just boring. And guess what, its not rescaled (yet)

And in 99.9999999% of the games doing the last levels takes longer than doing the first ones. That does not mean it is harder. Man, I am telling I ve been farming skirmishes AFK letting my pet do the job and I ve had my Captain defeat book bosses on autoattack while I am AFK.

I am not talking about the time it takes to level. Im talking about who hard the content is. Moria is alot harder zones than any previouse. I don't see how its relevant what your pet can do while you are afk. It's not like they improved pets alot over the years.

Be realistic, will you?

Say what?

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

Originally posted by rnor6084

Do not agree at all. Just hit 50 and having an absolute blast. The legendary weapons uped the fun factor for me even more. I log in every night just itching to see what the game has to offer around the next corner. Have not had a bad pug experience yet. The difficulty factor to me seems to be perfectly balanced.

Hmm system to me was one of the biggest dissapointments of the game, they created an in game mini game that keeps people busy creating and endless number of underpowered weapons that just move stats around.  Its the biggest mouse wheel I had ever seen nothing more than a complicated random weapon generator.

Skilled players still have an advatage - they are more skilled, do they need more?

Yes, they need a game that is not scaled for the lowest common denominator. You are still not getting the point. Turbine is scaling the game for the less skilled players and is openly admiting it.

Back then crafted gear was better in comparion to after Moria. So getting really good gear became harder because you couldnt just get top gear by sologrinding for crafting.

Wrong wrong wrong and again wrong, and just in case, wrong. It's totally the other way around. You can nowadays solo-farm every single component for crafted gear, whereas you could not do that before Beryl Shards were introduced. Some of the components you had to get them from rare spawns that were impossible to solo and that were deep into group areas where venturing solo was pretty much suicidal. I wonder if you were playing during those days.

People did not do CD/Uru long before skirmishes. And are you saying that framing skirmishes is harder than going to the AH??

I can't think of anything easier than something that you can farm while AFK, like skirmishes. And you are contradicting yourself here. If people was not doing CD/Uru, how the hell did people manage to post the epic class quest items on the AH? Did those materialize out of thin air?

People just skipped the later books of V1 because it became tediouse to get groups for them. I tihnk it's better that people solo the content than just skipping it. Ive done book 14 with several characters at level 50. And yes its one of the harder.

With or without god-mode buff? Becouse, I insist, God mode allowed me to kill the bosses on autoattack while AFK. If you have not done the book without the buff you don't know the book, sorry.

I can name one, Thrors comb, added a couple of onths ago i Enedwaith. Foundation of stone is another.

Foundations of stone is not a group area. The ocasional elite mob roaming the area mindlessly does not make it a group area. Everybody and their sisters solo that. Even the book quests related to the area are solo.

You have been able to mention one non-instanced group area released in... over 2 years. Thanks for proving my point.

I would never say that. I prefer groupng over soloing and I agree that they should focus more on grouping and impoving the LFG tool so it becomes easier instead of making everything solo.

I disagree from my experience people have had alot more trouble with DN and watcher. But maybe hardcore raiders had easier time with thoos ethan casuals. Ive been in raids who could not pass first boos in DN , that never happened in the old raids.

And I ve seen raids wiping at the Rift on the first trash pull. My point is still there. DN was owned the very same day it was released. 

Maybe they rescaled them because thoose instances almost never was played even back when they were at the cap and they wanted to get the moneys worth out of them. Helegrod practicly died after Rift was released and most people never sat foot in any Annunimas instance.  This was a feature alot of people was asking for, I guess we should be mad at Turbine for listening to the players again?

Turbine rescaling old content that, according to you, was deserted even when it was lvl cap content, tells you a lot about the quality of the content they are releasing nowadays.

Besides, talk for yourself. My guild and friends were farming Annuminas and Helegrod on a regular basis when lvl cap was 50.

I agree that the Rift is the most fun raid so far. Even if boss 3-5 is just boring. And guess what, its not rescaled (yet)

I am not talking about the time it takes to level. Im talking about who hard the content is. Moria is alot harder zones than any previouse. I don't see how its relevant what your pet can do while you are afk. It's not like they improved pets alot over the years.

In any game the high level areas are harder than the low level areas. This does not mean that the game has been made harder with time. Becouse, guess what, the low level areas have been dumbified and noobified to death, some of them many many times.

Listen, I am not comparing present areas to present areas, that in no way shows wether the game is easier or not. I am comparing what the game was before with what the game is now. Moria beeing harder than The Shire does not support your theory in any way and is not related to it in any form.

Be realistic, will you?

Say what?

I am running out of fancy colours lol. ;)

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

I actually agree 100%.  If people would just take off their Middle Earth glasses, they'd see just what a medicore MMORPG LOTRO is.  Turbine gets away with so much it's not even funny, though as you point out, a lot of people do just leave the game. But without ME, I don't think anyone would play it at all.

That said, because it is Middle Earth and you've made it this far, you need to at least visi LothLorien.  It's not exactly anything innovative in terms of game mechanics (though the drunken elf quest still amuses me), but it is pretty awesome in terms of Middle Earth-ness.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• tuccostuccos Member Posts: 36

no WoW for me, i said my buddies returned to WoW.  I played Vanguard, AoC, Warhammer online, City of Heroes amd some others other.

I havent seen my WoW chars since almost 3-4 years. 

Well i guess AION is next on my List, not sure but well, gonna get some infos about it....

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Yep!  That was me.  I remember spending a good while trying to find people to run the quest with Gimli, for example.  No joy.  As a result, I was missing out on 7 books of the first volume.  Ended up finishing them when they put in the solo options 6-7 months later, long after I got to 65th level.  I think they came to realize that group gating the Epic content wasn't a good idea.  Therefore, they now scale them as skirmishes and keep the big rewards for the groups.