Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I love It

DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

I really do like this game, I played EVE but never really got into it, this on the other hand I really love.

Some people might think things are harsh like losing EP if you delete your agent etc, but all mistakes can be fixed with time.

I've done some PvP and it really does come down to skill and how you equip your mech/who is with you vs who you are fighting.

Just make sure you get the 1 month and not the trial and get into a CORP right away.  I started investing in my CORP's miners/crafters(im just a lone combat agent) and I make so much NIC it's ridiculous now ontop of the money I make from PvE. 

The game does not lag, when I first played it I had issues but I played around with the settings and now I am lag free, I'd suggest turning off shadows even if you running a 6core with 10gb of ram. :)

Comments

• BoosthungryBoosthungry Member Posts: 137

lol I was reading his post and was actually agreeing with it.  And yes in this game the biggest thing you can do to reduce lag is to turn off shadows, it's fairly common knowledge in game.  It will help during both large battles and just running around.  This game is setup different than a lot of MMOs, for one it is more CPU dependent than GPU.  And yes modual lag and rubberbanding during large fleet fights are mostly tied to the servers.  But how many games can actually support 150 people on the battle field all fighting each other, with almost no lag for most, just a month after launch?

And what did you have against his statement of:

"I've done some PvP and it really does come down to skill and how you equip your mech/who is with you vs who you are fighting."

That's exactly true for this game more than any other. 

Skill: Check - using the terrain is the easiest example of this

How you equip your bot: Check - There is no one way to fit a bot to be the end all for your bot type.  You plated up?  They speed fit and ran outside your locking range and sniped you using sensor boosters.  Used a thermal plating instead of an invul? whoops, shoulda known they were gunna use chemical in PvP.

Who your with: Check - "pack mentaility" is very important when your primary and trying to get away while the people your fighting with surge forward.  As well as the skill of each individual pilot and squad commander.

And I would also recommend people shell out the extra $5 for 30 days instead of that same amount for just 4 days.  For the fact that one, common it's 5 bucks.  And two, the game has a learning curve and if you just run around doing missions by your self your not going to have any fun.  You need to join a corp and dive head first into everything.

I don't know if he was paid to say any of that.  But I'm not.  And I agree with everything he said and think he had to have played the game for a significant amount of time before knowing how to word all of that.  Maybe someone told him what to say, I don't know; But it's true.