Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suprnova Closed

Greetings everybody,

As you have probably noticed, we have often had downtimes. This was because it was so hard to keep this site up!
But now we are sorry to inform you all, that SuprNova is closing down for good in the way that we all know it.
We do not know if SuprNova is going to return, but it is certainly not going to be hosting any more torrent links.
We are very sorry for this, but there was no other way, we have tried everything.

Thank you all that helped us, by donating mirrors or something else, by uploading and seeding files, by helping people out on IRC and on forum, by spreading the word about SuprNova.org.
It is a sad day for all of us!

Please visit SuprNova.org every once in a while to get the latest news on what is happening and if there is anything new to report on.

As we wish to maintain the nice comunity that we created, we are keppig forums and irc servers open.

Thank you all and Goodbye!
sloncek & the rest of the SuprNova Team

------------------------------------

That Kinda Sux

Comments

• CoraithCoraith Member Posts: 311

just noticed myself - burn,

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Yep. The server is going to get busted and the host is going to get sued. Don't download any music or movies for a few days.

-----------------

"The Job Of Art Is To Chase Away Ugliness" - Bono

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

This sucks... And what's this about not downloading anything for a couple days?

--------------------------------------
    My Xanga Site!

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

some people are just scared now cuz the mpaa is talkin smack

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875

Ah, this sucks so much! It's probaly because suprnova was getting so much press lately.

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Damn thats not good news at all ::::21::

• FaintFaint Member Posts: 82

I can't express how I feel.::::16::

---------------------------
    Free Portable Video Player! Contact me through pm if you need help.

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.2Ghz
    512MB of Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU 64mb
    Realtek AC'97 Audio
    WinXP Home

Games playing : None. (WoW soon)
    Games BetaTesting : None.

---------------------------

A Paid to Search that pays!

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.2Ghz
    512MB of Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU 64mb
    Realtek AC'97 Audio
    WinXP Home

Games playing : None. Please PM if you know any good games.

• AldaronAldaron Member Posts: 1,048

You know how hard it is now adays to find a good warez, erm...trial site?

Shame...shame.

Death is not to fear, for contrary to popular belief, it is not the end, but rather the beginning on the road to eternity.

"Fear not death; for the sooner we die, the longer shall we be immortal."

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

aww that sucks!::::21::

Since the mpaa has siezed control of SN.org, any further downloads on existing torrents will be tracked and IPs will be taken to court. Don't download anymore from suprnova. Any .torrent files on your PC gotten from SN should be deleted.

-----------------

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

I never thought that suprnova had control of the trackers in the first place. BTW, did the staff get arrested?

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

Uhhh... I'm scared... Someone tell me the MPAA won't come get me in my sleep!

My Xanga Site!

from HardOCP.com:

[H]ardNews 5th Edition

Sunday December 19, 2004
    Posted by Brandon 12:17 PM (CST)
    Goodbye SuprNova.org
    The most popular BitTorrent web site has now bid us farewell. Suprnova.org says goodbye after a year and a half of providing more BitTorrent links than any other web site. We wish them good luck in the future endeavors.

As you have probably noticed, we have often had downtimes. This was because it was so hard to keep this site up! But now we are sorry to inform you all, that SuprNova is closing down for good in the way that we all know it. We do not know if SuprNova is going to return, but it is certainly not going to be hosting any more torrent links. We are very sorry for this, but there was no other way, we have tried everything.

UPDATES: The MPAA is more than likely behind this shutdown of SuprNova.org.

Also another BitTorrent site TorrentBits.org is down.

TVTorrents and Phoenix-Torrents are both gone also.

This sucks so bad. Looks like demonoid.com went too.

• DrakaeonDrakaeon Member Posts: 630

Looks like I'll just have to use one of my other six sites for music, movies, and games.

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

wow looks like more then suprnova went down::::05::

5 have already gone, what others are left?

• stinger33stinger33 Member Posts: 66

damn, suprnova was kick ass it sucks it got shut down, guess i gotta go w/ my 2nd fav... torrentreactor.to ::::16::

Lokitorrent is still up, my second fav. However, i cannot get torrentreactor or litezone torrent to load.

isohunter.com is still up.

-----------------

• DrakaeonDrakaeon Member Posts: 630

Which other ones went down? I still notice that Lokitorrent, Torrent Reactor, and Demonoid are all still up.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    damn that sucks. . . . .well *deletes off favorites*  damn . . . .that sucks. Well, I'm going to BUY some stuff. . . .image

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Shareconnector.com also got raided on Tuesday and now they are busted as well.

It's a sad week for the internet.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • TallonXTallonX Member Posts: 364

just cuz a few of our best sites have been shut down, dosn't mean that we are gona let bitt die! Wat we gota do is keep downloading, we'll show the stupid MPAA what we're made of. We won't let a few 60 year old money hungry ass wipes take away our freedom will we?! Ever since hollywood has come into power in the mid 20's, they've been strangaling the people of their money and freedom to watch movies. They put regions on DVD's so we'd have to wait for HOLLYWOOD to release the movies from other countries here, they've jacked the price of what used to be 20 cents a movie, to more than $10 in a theater and over $50 to buy a movie! So what do we do? We found a way to fight back and just get it all for free. And boo hoo if the big shot actors only get 16 small islands rather than 17, screw them, we have a right to watch movies, and not empty our pockets in the process. So in conclusion, we gota fight back, and show em whose boss...

^_^

~I am going to rule the world someday, I promiseness :D~

~I am going to rule the world someday, I promiseness :D~

• HebrewBombHebrewBomb Member UncommonPosts: 520

I know exactly what this is all about.

You guys have no idea why this had to happen in the exact way we see it today.

This ain't just another cyclic MPAA's frontal manifesto as kin service to the greedy media giant corporate ruling class who almost sing in unison in every step of their way these days. That is, if you guys knew the true mayhem behind KazaA, Bittorrent - tribute to Bram Cohen, another J* fellow.

Ask yourself:

1. What motivated Filesharing Protoscript in the first place.

2. What effect Filesharing Protoscript had on the mass - followed on schedule.

3. Alteration of this effect is what brought up the law enforcement to step in.

4. Their party needs your A in exchange of their B. And it's most likely done within certain time frame.

-----------------------------

Both ways you lose.

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

yes HB, its the conspiracy!

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...