Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Divine Souls: How to kill a game in the first 24 hours.

Well, I went to try out the open beta, and was enjoying myself for about an hour, which is when my 'fatigue points' ran out.

A fatigue system, why would they ever implement a fatigue system. You can only get to about level 10 before you either wait 24-hours for more points, or are more or less forced into PvP (which the majority of people disconnect from instantly) to gain more fatigue points. If you disconnect in a dungeon, which costs fatigue points to start, you lose those fatigue points as well. My clan mate lasted a whole 20-minutes before he ran out because he kept finding ridiculous bugs that should have been eradicated in closed beta. 

The game has been open for roughly 7-hours now, and because of this system, the servers went from being completely packed, to having about one or two ticks on the population meter in server selection. That's for the NA server and EU server.

Complete disappointment. For anyone who was keeping an eye on the game, don't waste the hard drive space.

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

That game's a mess really, was quite excited to play it before in CB but the company behind it seems to simply not care about player opinions in terms of their game so I'm not surprised this is happening.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

One should think game designers have access to some basic logic in thinking.

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586

You're going to be seeing this in a lot of newer Asian games. In countries like Korea, Japan, and China, there have been problems with people playing way to much. As a resutl, some of the governments in question stepped in a mandated how long a person is legally allowed to play per day. Game companies in other Asian countries took note and moved for self regulation, hence the fatigue system. You'll notice a similar system in Final Fantasy XIV.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

What they need to do is figure out where the person lives (state wise) and either active the fatigue system or leave it off.

I know it's not fair to some counties but it is their state, and their laws.  No reason to penalize others because of what another state does.

This is just my opinion of course but its how i feel on this front.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Um.

Wouldnt the players either

(a) play multiple games

(b) play on american / european game servers that know no such restriction

I never get this "we can control the internet" attitude of some politicans. They just cant get it in their head that the internet is global.

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

I can understand a fatigue system to keep people from playing a ton.  Like Vindictus has a token cost to every mission that increases the more you do in a day.  Your tokens refresh every 2-3 days, and you can get more by rezzing people or running lowbies through dungeons.  The token amount is about double how much I can tolerate playing that game, so it doesn't affect me at all.

So I get why Divine Souls would have a system of PVE fatigue, but being able to get bonus PVE time by PVPing doesn't strike me as an effective way to limit playtime.  It just seems like an annoying and ineffective attempt to encourage PVP.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Adamantine

Um.

Wouldnt the players either

(a) play multiple games

(b) play on american / european game servers that know no such restriction

I never get this "we can control the internet" attitude of some politicans. They just cant get it in their head that the internet is global.

Some countries completely block access to certain IPs or domains. Playing the American or European version is sometimes not a viable option. See: Golden Shield Project

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• KorPhaeronKorPhaeron Member Posts: 134

thats because its only the beta. soon enough they will introduce the cash shop, and it will contain items to reset your fatigue another hour for X cents, or packs of X for 5 bucks or something like that.

which if you calculate carefully will mean it will cost you 2 to 3 times more to play your daily quota of hours in that game than in any P2P of the market...

congrats, you popped your cherry, now you have seen how the F2P market operates, specially the asian F2P market.

please join us to help keep at bay the hordes of moronic underaged idiots that preach for F2P as the business model of the future.