Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mines of Moria Epic Questline solo friendly yet?

ArmyAntArmyAnt Member UncommonPosts: 23

Haven't played LoTRO for awhile and was wondering if they have revamped the Volume 2 Epic Questline like they did Volume 1, to make it solo friendly?

Thanks!

Comments

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367

It is until you get to the Downed Treasury, around 2.5.7 or so.  I am stuck waiting for a group there myself.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by ArmyAnt

Haven't played LoTRO for awhile and was wondering if they have revamped the Volume 2 Epic Questline like they did Volume 1, to make it solo friendly?

Thanks!

No they have not made V2 soloable yet. Word is they are working on it but will probably take awhile.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941

Frodo didn't went through his epic quest alone. So be a good boy and find a Sam. 

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Nope and don't count on it any time soon. Someone from Turbine chimed in and kind of implied they were working on it, but not to the point where it would be worth mentioning. So 2012, maybe?

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

I dont think Lotro will make the game easier for soloers, perhaps new contents but definitely not older contents. I quit Lotro when Turbine going to release Lorthien, at the time, it was huge nerf on players, stats, wepaons, armors.....everything, so I quit. As I recalled the dps damage been nerfed down least 200-300 damages which mean my champion deal 200-300 damages less and the meantime, armor nerfed as well, and then the mobs become more powerful.

Since Lotro lose paid customers and go F2P, they might tune back a little on weapons, but only the maximum level. This game is definitely designed for multiple massive online role play, but now, it is minimal man online play.

Why would you buy something you can't even find a group to play with? Just play the free to play Skirmish, because the mmorpg already turned into solo play.

Anyhow, if you want to play those contents, first thing find yourself a good Kin, there are still many P2P players in the game from the past.

• hulik23hulik23 Member Posts: 45

the best thing what happened in lotro was that they made volume 1 soloable. Its nothing more depressing then doing epic line quest with "omg what the hell r u doing?!" people. and I refuse telling them tactics for 15min, 1 hour spent waiting for whole group and then after 25seconds wipeout....

I have never enjoyed lotro better then now. u can solo so many quests even whole volume 1 and it was SO fun that ive never had with annoying people and the whole vol1 took me 1/50 of time needed with ppl!!!

now its super fast, super fun, keep up this great job turbine. i really look forward the new epic line vol2 and ongoing solo so i can finaly enjoy it. no more need of pathetic kins. lotro was falling down like rock thrown in the water. since they make it enjoyable and free it has more ppl in than ever.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    I haven't had any issues with finding groups. With that said I kinda wish everything in game used the scaling system of smirks. Make the book quests, dungeons & raids all offer 1,2,3,6,12 & 24 man teams. Let people choose how they want to play. I'm originally a sandbox guy and I strongly believe you should give people a choice in how they want to experience lotro's content.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Larry2298

I dont think Lotro will make the game easier for soloers, perhaps new contents but definitely not older contents. I quit Lotro when Turbine going to release Lorthien, at the time, it was huge nerf on players, stats, wepaons, armors.....everything, so I quit. As I recalled the dps damage been nerfed down least 200-300 damages which mean my champion deal 200-300 damages less and the meantime, armor nerfed as well, and then the mobs become more powerful.

Since Lotro lose paid customers and go F2P, they might tune back a little on weapons, but only the maximum level. This game is definitely designed for multiple massive online role play, but now, it is minimal man online play.

Why would you buy something you can't even find a group to play with? Just play the free to play Skirmish, because the mmorpg already turned into solo play.

Anyhow, if you want to play those contents, first thing find yourself a good Kin, there are still many P2P players in the game from the past.

Mate, I think there are MORE paid players now than ever tbqh. Going F2P increased their revenue.

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

I think there are some new players who never play Lotro before joined the game since F2P but the quantity is pathetically. I have been running around in the middle earth, I only see NPCs. It is strange feeling when you went back to these places, since at that time, people everywhere, it doesnt matter where avout in the middle earth, even it's a corner, you found a group of people grinding, questing, running. And now, you see only mobs and npcs.

I think Lotro may introduce to enter the game from Level 50, because it is now like you playing WOW from the first edition. I dont think anyone would questing in Angmar for the reward. I believe it will bring more players into this game if they can start from lv50, and then people will be more interesting and indepently to do lower level stuffs for deeds, traits, slaying ...etc. And the higher level zone would be more people, it helps MoM, Lorthien and the 3rd expansion.

In addition, it helps Turbine to update future contents, otherwise, I don't see future contents of Lotro, probably more like WInter Home stuffs.

For example, when I quit Lotro, I have champion lv60, minstrel lv59, warrior lv51, LM lv42, Burglar lv43. Only champion and warrior got the armor set from the Rift, (I suspect my minstrel lost the Rift armor set during transistion). I am not going to level up any other character except continue playing my champion because the way to get XP are all depend on solobility. Even they reach lv60 but they could be very fragile because deeds, traits, class skills, legendary skills, reputation and lack of decent armors, weapons....etc, before they reach max level.

But there are many shits to do in Lotro and they are much better contents than any F2P on the market, DDO is good for group play, poor solo contents, but Lotro now seems more depends on solo than group play. Since it was P2P time, it was difficult to find group doing Books, so I don't think it will be easier to find group now. Besides, I hardly see the LFF window has anyone looking for fellow or group during a day, maybe only one. Most people on my server are stay at Chetwood. When they are able to go to MoM or never, it would be least half year from now. To be honest, I don't think I would meet any one of them that I see now shows up in Lorthrien or other high level zone.  

• ScribZScribZ Member Posts: 424

I think there are some new players who never play Lotro before joined the game since F2P but the quantity is pathetically. I have been running around in the middle earth, I only see NPCs. It is strange feeling when you went back to these places, since at that time, people everywhere, it doesnt matter where avout in the middle earth, even it's a corner, you found a group of people grinding, questing, running. And now, you see only mobs and npcs.

I think Lotro may introduce to enter the game from Level 50, because it is now like you playing WOW from the first edition. I dont think anyone would questing in Angmar for the reward. I believe it will bring more players into this game if they can start from lv50, and then people will be more interesting and indepently to do lower level stuffs for deeds, traits, slaying ...etc. And the higher level zone would be more people, it helps MoM, Lorthien and the 3rd expansion.

In addition, it helps Turbine to update future contents, otherwise, I don't see future contents of Lotro, probably more like WInter Home stuffs.

For example, when I quit Lotro, I have champion lv60, minstrel lv59, warrior lv51, LM lv42, Burglar lv43. Only champion and warrior got the armor set from the Rift, (I suspect my minstrel lost the Rift armor set during transistion). I am not going to level up any other character except continue playing my champion because the way to get XP are all depend on solobility. Even they reach lv60 but they could be very fragile because deeds, traits, class skills, legendary skills, reputation and lack of decent armors, weapons....etc, before they reach max level.

But there are many shits to do in Lotro and they are much better contents than any F2P on the market, DDO is good for group play, poor solo contents, but Lotro now seems more depends on solo than group play. Since it was P2P time, it was difficult to find group doing Books, so I don't think it will be easier to find group now. Besides, I hardly see the LFF window has anyone looking for fellow or group during a day, maybe only one. Most people on my server are stay at Chetwood. When they are able to go to MoM or never, it would be least half year from now. To be honest, I don't think I would meet any one of them that I see now shows up in Lorthrien or other high level zone.  

You must be playing a complately different game than I log into every day. My rank 10 kin finally has to cut back on the unlimited alts rule in order to make room for the droves of new faces we have been recruiting in the past 6-9 months. I look down the list of people online in my kin and see around 40-60% of the 75+ currently online and see them in fellowships almost all the time. They run raids every day, all the time, from low to max level in every zone of the game. We even have Rise of Isengard coming in 2011.

I just dont see how you can say the game is empty, you must be on one of the worst servers if that the case, on mine its packed. Hell I can't even keep the AH in stock on 10 characters every day, it all sells so fast now.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

But there are many shits to do in Lotro and they are much better contents than any F2P on the market, DDO is good for group play, poor solo contents, but Lotro now seems more depends on solo than group play. ... 

Lotro was presented since the day one, as a solo oriented game. Just read the early interviews from the development or pre-release state. Lotro was always supposed to be THE solo mmorpg.

REALITY CHECK

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

I concur with Scribz. I've been playing with my girlfriend on Meneldor for awhile and its just jam packed with players pretty much through all levels of content. Is it me or is there a inordinate amount of couples in this game? I've ran into at least 10 couples doing the same thing as me and my girlfriend. Maybe its the fact so much of the content can be duoed. In anycase nah, the Moria content isnt solo friendly but I wouldn't worry. You can grab a pug pretty damned easily.

• stevengwstevengw Member Posts: 53

Volume 1 is solo but wait until 65 to even try and finish it..

After volume 1 I was so tired I gave up on doing Volume 2 as i was spending most of my time in Moira dungeons raiding..

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Techleo

I concur with Scribz. I've been playing with my girlfriend on Meneldor for awhile and its just jam packed with players pretty much through all levels of content. Is it me or is there a inordinate amount of couples in this game? I've ran into at least 10 couples doing the same thing as me and my girlfriend. Maybe its the fact so much of the content can be duoed. In anycase nah, the Moria content isnt solo friendly but I wouldn't worry. You can grab a pug pretty damned easily.

Same is true on Crickhollow. Packed, easy to start a PUG, and people litterally EVERYWHERE! I started a new Warden on Saturday, they had multiple n00b zones going.

The real problem is people tend to be lazy and not want to put forth any effort to actually start a group. When I send invites, I fill up in no time. Check the quest logs, spam the share button and off we go.

• Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212

Originally posted by hulik23

the best thing what happened in lotro was that they made volume 1 soloable. Its nothing more depressing then doing epic line quest with "omg what the hell r u doing?!" people. and I refuse telling them tactics for 15min, 1 hour spent waiting for whole group and then after 25seconds wipeout....

I have never enjoyed lotro better then now. u can solo so many quests even whole volume 1 and it was SO fun that ive never had with annoying people and the whole vol1 took me 1/50 of time needed with ppl!!!

now its super fast, super fun, keep up this great job turbine. i really look forward the new epic line vol2 and ongoing solo so i can finaly enjoy it. no more need of pathetic kins. lotro was falling down like rock thrown in the water. since they make it enjoyable and free it has more ppl in than ever.

Please stop playing LoTRO go play Dragon Age or Oblivion with a LoTR mod or something. I've hardly grouped with my kin, have pug'd 90% of the time and only rarely did I find groups that were so weak that we disbanded after the first wipe. And taking an hour to a group, that is a problem and one Turbine should fix by improving the social features of this MMOrpg and improving the LFG tool.

This game is definitely designed for multiple massive online role play, but now, it is minimal man online play.

lol true

• stevengwstevengw Member Posts: 53

I've stopped playing LOTRO. The end game content is severly lacking.

• MesmerindaMesmerinda Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by Techleo

I think it's always been a game that's appealing to couples, probably cause of the Lord of the Rings-setting and the friendly mature community.. It's the same thing over in Europe, lots of husband/wifes, boy/girlfriends duoing the game right from the start, even before they added the ability to duo the content.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Finding groups in moria is kind of easy.  /lff covers the entire area :)

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Some quest can be soloed. The last quest i was on we did in a party of 5 it was cool. We wiped once,but regrouped and finished the quest.

Edgar F Greenwood

Btw They have announced that Volume 2 is getting a revamp like V1 did in the next update.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• fcazaresfcazares Member Posts: 190

They are ahead of schedule in many of their development projects as revenues from the change to the new pricing model were higher than anticipated. For example the removal of the radiance system will be in the next update at the first of March with the release of a new raid instead of later in the year. The next expansion (Isengard) will likely be where you see an update in Volume 2 and it will be released in the holiday season of this year.

Originally posted by fcazares

They are ahead of schedule in many of their development projects as revenues from the change to the new pricing model were higher than anticipated. For example the removal of the radiance system will be in the next update at the first of March with the release of a new raid instead of later in the year. The next expansion (Isengard) will likely be where you see an update in Volume 2 and it will be released in the holiday season of this year.

Didnt you read my post? :P

V2 revamp is coming in Q1 !

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• fcazaresfcazares Member Posts: 190

Originally posted by Papadam

Originally posted by fcazares

Didnt you read my post? :P

V2 revamp is coming in Q1 !

Oh? I didn't see that announcement. Well groovy, they are even further along than expected.  They are really on their game of late and it couldnt happen to a better development team. The folks at Turbine are great people.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

edit - nevermind , did not see Papadams post

having money to hire people and fund development is a wonderful thing isn't it :)

I miss DAoC

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Cant wait for V2 revamp i hope Drums of the Deep is soloable and you get the inspiration buff added. I loved that in Volume 1 soloed a majority of 1. Need to finish 2 so i can get Deadly Storm!!!

Edgar F Greenwood