Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fantastic patch w/UI changes that made AO 'modern'!!

chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

Keybinder's despair no more! Latest patch allows us to reassign all keys!

Latest patch is definately offering the best improvement of Anarchy Online ever! I can't even remember last time I was this excited by an improvement from any game. That must have been years at least.

Anarchy Online was my very first MMORPG. It has ever since held a very special place in my heart. Unfortunately it fell behind, fast, mostly due to it's clunky User Interface. After I played AO I tried them all; from Shadowbane to DAOC & EQ1 & EQ2, Neocron etc etc. All of them until I got "stuck" with World of Warcraft. The more I played newer MMO 's, the harder it was for me to return to AO. All because of the UI. Let me add that I am 100% keybinder, and AO could not offer me the playstyle I needed to fulfill my characters potential.

Not until today!

I logged into my Fr00b account, read the patch notes and and started to re-assign the keybindings. OH THE JOY! Every key & hotbars can now be reassigne! Now this old gem of a game finally has a modern feeling to it. It is definately up to date on the UI side, which has been a vey much needed & neglected part of AO. I will go as far as saying the UI is now better than all of the modern AAA UI's today. At least those I ahve played. Which says about it; I am very picky when it comes to UI's.

This patch is definately a huge & positive step up for Anarchy Online. Making the UI 'up to date & modern' makes the game alot more appealing. People should not underestimate the difference between a good and a great UI; I do personally think this patch will have an impact on the game that cannot be measured (in the long run) since many people definately leaves MMO's due to clunky & non customizable UI's. I know all about this, cause me & my keybinder friends do, whatsoever game if the UI sucks. I have been "whining" for oh so many years about the UI in AO was clunky & outdated. For years I feared that this patch would never come. Today my prayers have been heard. There are no more excuses for me not to play this game.

I will now happily activate 2 full accounts. I have already talked to several friends about the changes (called them after midnight right now as I write), and I will continute to spread the words. Yes, I am hyped Very hyped!. After weeks of searching for an MMO to play; I did lots of trials, read reviews etc etc, but none of them MMO's could deliver nor satisfy. Of course; I had AO in mind. It was ultimately the UI that held me back from reactivating the subscriptions. Hopefully I will be able to get both my sons, some friends as well as newbs into the Anarchy Online. This game definately deserve new chances, both from old gamers & new ones!

Thank you FunCom! Means; Keep up the good work!

Sincerely

Chris, MMO gamer filled with hope & joy

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!