Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anarchy offline

Comments

• disownationdisownation Member UncommonPosts: 243

Originally posted by inBOIL

Originally posted by disownation

Originally posted by quasar941

Meanwhile, you still haven't answered the question of how a person buying an item from a shop has any affect on anyone other than themselves.

Pretty much agree here.

If someone wants those diamond sparkled Nike shoes like the other guy - you gotta spend your money too. They're not gonna make you run any faster...but they sure might feel a little bit more comfy. That's about it...

Jealousy and Keeping up with the Jones'

because you do not understand is the key,it is the reason,because you dont understand why its wrong to buy/sell goals in games.

you dont understand that the reason is you,this kind of persons who dont understand what is right and what is wrong.

and in this case,this company doesnt understand that either.

I understand exactly. And it doesn't bother me one bit. I personally would never pay extra to buy an item - simply because I enjoy investing time in a game and farming things for myself. But far be it from me to care whether someone else wants to earn it or shell out of pocket to buy it with their own hard earned cash. To each their own. I'm having fun. The other guy is having fun. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

I get that you are probably hurt and upset with a game that you love. Change happens sometimes whether we like it or not. The truth is, its better to focus on what you enjoy rather than what you do not enjoy. Then again, far be it from me to tell anyone how to live! Best of luck in your endeavors.

• inBOILinBOIL Member Posts: 669

Originally posted by kilun

We are talking about AO here.  I've honestly never played it for more than a week, but that graphics update has been slightly interested.  Now, how many people are playing this game right now?  Very few I imagine, so they need to move forward into what is now becoming the accepted practice in MMOs, to sell convience items.

Like many have said, as long as the best stuff is obtainable INGAME only, and not through purchase, I could care less if someone can purchase a lower set of items for each tier(or however the level system works in AO, not very familiiar with it)

So in reality, it will be Anarchy Online, because of the further enhanced funding of the game.  Whether that equates to anything new coming to the game or not has no bearing on the fact that the company wants to make money on an older game.  It will infact draw in a portion of the playerbase that wants to purchase stuff so they can infact play catchup to everyone else who has been a loyal customer for 8 or so years.

I also love the fact that you gripe and complain about a company and about a games development, yet you still play it.  Its the most comical thing in the world from a lot of posters here.  I can't stand SOE for what they did to SWG, so I don't play that game, but I don't hold it against just SOE as I'm sure LA had a lot to do with it so I stil have played their other games.

sorry but you are wrong.

My friendlist went pretty much offline after this marvellous idea,and i can tell you,theres pretty many names.

and sorry ,like they went offline ,so did i.

and sorry imnot complaining,just telling facts.

Generation P

Originally posted by quasar941

Meanwhile, you still haven't answered the question of how a person buying an item from a shop has any affect on anyone other than themselves.

Pretty much agree here.

If someone wants those diamond sparkled Nike shoes like the other guy - you gotta spend your money too. They're not gonna make you run any faster...but they sure might feel a little bit more comfy. That's about it...

Jealousy and Keeping up with the Jones'

because you do not understand is the key,it is the reason,because you dont understand why its wrong to buy/sell goals in games.

you dont understand that the reason is you,this kind of persons who dont understand what is right and what is wrong.

and in this case,this company doesnt understand that either.

I understand exactly. And it doesn't bother me one bit. I personally would never pay extra to buy an item - simply because I enjoy investing time in a game and farming things for myself. But far be it from me to care whether someone else wants to earn it or shell out of pocket to buy it with their own hard earned cash. To each their own. I'm having fun. The other guy is having fun. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

I get that you are probably hurt and upset with a game that you love. Change happens sometimes whether we like it or not. The truth is, its better to focus on what you enjoy rather than what you do not enjoy. Then again, far be it from me to tell anyone how to live! Best of luck in your endeavors.

sorry i just play it couple of months per year,just to check how its improving,and this is how its improving.

Generation P

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

Originally posted by Qazz

these items will not require said players to spend money to remain competitive

Adding the sale of convenience items will not kill any game.  It's done in basically every other mmo and will increase revenue which will hopefully make your game experience better since they will have more dollars available to develop the game. 

"People are trading the packages for credits - This isn't going away any time soon, so arguing about it isn't worth people getting infracted over."

this company is selling game credits like credit spammers do,you know.

I don't even understand what you just asked me.  I'm having a hard time following your argument here.  You didn't say anything that addressed my point and you simply just repeated the same things you've been posting.  You state what they're doing, then you assume that if other people don't agree with you, they must not understand.  The fact is we do understand and see no problem with it, considering it's been implemented in many other games without an issue.

Repeating yourself won't make your opinion any more justified.

Originally posted by Qazz  The fact is we do understand and see no problem with it, considering it's been implemented in many other games without an issue.

back in square one,you just ask me to repeat myself.

and please name those games wheres company selling game credits and you need to pay monthly fee.

Generation P

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

cant care less about your social items,spend 100000 dollars to those if you want to,but fact is still the same ,this company is selling credits.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=584891&page=5

I have just returned to AO. Tell me how this work then, I might have missed something. I have not yet seen any place I can buy ingame credits from FunCom. Nor have I seen any "packages" for sale in the trade chat that was of any suspicions regarding expoiting.

I agree with other posters here; you just keep repeating yourself and I feel you are acting patronizing towards us (no offense) by stating "you are the only one who understands this problem". I see no problem with the current state of the game. Please elaborate this, as I now have the door open to this so called "problem" you refer to which I fail to see.

Can you, or anyone else, give me an explanation about how this is done ingame? I am unable to understand how this is done. Where do I buy these credits from and what can I buy with these credits that are so game breaking?

The link did not enlighten me anything about the problem (thread is locked btw), as I am not familiar how these game mechanics work. I need update on this, not just vague opinions and speculations.

In the end, I do just as I please with my hard earned money. Noone shall ever dictate how I shall spend them, as long as it is legally.

Originally posted by Qazz  The fact is we do understand and see no problem with it, considering it's been implemented in many other games without an issue.

and please name those games wheres company selling game credits and you need to pay monthly fee.

You are not asked to repeat yourselff; you are asked to explain yourself. So far very few, if any at all, seem to be able to understand what you are talking about and why this "problem" of yours is such a big problem. Me included. All you have come up with, that could be close to "explanation", is non-comparable comparison to Olympic Games and its spirit, which I find a complete miss of target.

Edit: Typos & bad english (tired)

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

• erickdeforeserickdefores Member Posts: 161

Ok I just finished reading this ENTIRE thread!  I have to say that I have no idea what you are trying to say inboil.  Your anologies make me very confused and I am wondering if you are a native English speaker.  Please tell me what you are upset about!  Not a single posting of yours even comes close to explaining what your issue is so please dont tell me to re read them (I have a fe times allready)

Originally posted by chrisel

cant care less about your social items,spend 100000 dollars to those if you want to,but fact is still the same ,this company is selling credits.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=584891&page=5

I have just returned to AO. Tell me how this work then, I might have missed something. I have not yet seen any place I can buy ingame credits from FunCom. Nor have I seen any "packages" for sale in the trade chat that was of any suspicions regarding expoiting.

I agree with other posters here; you just keep repeating yourself and I feel you are acting patronizing towards us (no offense) by stating "you are the only one who understands this problem". I see no problem with the current state of the game. Please elaborate this, as I now have the door open to this so called "problem" you refer to which I fail to see.

Can you, or anyone else, give me an explanation about how this is done ingame? I am unable to understand how this is done. Where do I buy these credits from and what can I buy with these credits that are so game breaking?

The link did not enlighten me anything about the problem (thread is locked btw), as I am not familiar how these game mechanics work. I need update on this, not just vague opinions and speculations.

In the end, I do just as I please with my hard earned money. Noone shall ever dictate how I shall spend them, as long as it is legally.

You are not asked to repeat yourselff; you are asked to explain yourself. So far very few, if any at all, seem to be able to understand what you are talking about and why this "problem" of yours is such a big problem. Me included. All you have come up with, that could be close to "explanation", is non-comparable comparison to Olympic Games and its spirit, which I find a complete miss of target.

Edit: Typos & bad english (tired)

Typos doesnt matter,my english is quite bad also

heres the magical pattern

buy funcom points with your hard earned money  lets say like 10000 points and then buy 5000 tokens and you have,dunno what those are worth right this very moment but aprox 3500 000 000 credits prolly.

Generation P

Originally posted by erickdefores

Ok I just finished reading this ENTIRE thread!  I have to say that I have no idea what you are trying to say inboil.  Your anologies make me very confused and I am wondering if you are a native English speaker.  Please tell me what you are upset about!  Not a single posting of yours even comes close to explaining what your issue is so please dont tell me to re read them (I have a fe times allready)

what makes you think that im upset?

Generation P

Typos doesnt matter,my english is quite bad also

heres the magical pattern

buy funcom points with your hard earned money  lets say like 10000 points and then buy 5000 tokens and you have,dunno what those are worth right this very moment but aprox 3500 000 000 credits prolly.

Allright, thank you. One step further in my search for info about this, but not yet enough.

Now what are these tokens and how/where can you buy them? As I said, I have just returned to AO and have no clue what this is. I have no memories about such tokens from the time I used to play.  I also need to know what these tokens can do before I can take a full decision about what this is and how it affects the game.

Let me add that I am for using real-life cash on ingame items, whether it is social or enhancing the performance of the toon. I do think game needs have some sort of balance with this though, so it won't have too "elitistic" form.

I found out of the ingame browser & it's item shop. I LOVE it!! It is absolutely fantastic. It give a great depth to the game. It is way cool to have an ingame "internet"; it gives a deeper feeling to the game, as well as I feel it is more alive. This was definately a correct move by blizzard!

I hated the grind to get the 1000 token board from day 1. It was a painful grind, and nothing more. I welcome all changes that reduces the grind. After checking the itemshop I could find nothing that could unbalance anything in the game. If any millionaire are willing to spend tons of cash in that shop; good for FC, which means good for me! The higher revenue FC gets, the more they can improve the game. Simple as that.

I am fully convinced that I will spend my share in this item shop. AO deserves it and there was tons of items I found quite amusing & interesting. How many games are there where you can spray grafitti on the walls? This item shop is just way cool!

KUTGW FC!

Sorry inBOIL; I can't see your problems with this shop. You still have to come up with something better than you have so far. Comparing MMO's to Olympic Games is just wrong. The difference is too big.

What on earth are you now talking about?? Are you comparing item shops with illegal forgery?? Come on man, you can't be serious now. Your comments are way out of line dude & completely unfair. On top of this you are talking about my playing time. This leads to nothing I want to be a part of.

What on earth are you now talking about?? Are you comparing item shops with illegal forgery?? Come on man, you can't be serious now. Your comments are way out of line dude & completely unfair. On top of this you are talking about my playing time. This leads to nothing I want to be a part of.

i need to admit that i was wrong on this one "this company is selling game credits like credit spammers do,you know."

credit farmers actually pays monthly fee and prolly farms credits 24 hours per day,who knows,but anyways they pay the monthly fee and play the game like other gamers do.

but

like i said before,companys who sells credits and prints those infinite amounts do not play the game ,dont pay monthly fees are even worse than credit farmers/sellers.

Generation P

• iseediseed Member Posts: 6

i need to admit that i was wrong on this one "this company is selling game credits like credit spammers do,you know."

credit farmers actually pays monthly fee and prolly farms credits 24 hours per day,who knows,but anyways they pay the monthly fee and play the game like other gamers do.

but

like i said before,companys who sells credits and prints those infinite amounts do not play the game ,dont pay monthly fees are even worse than credit farmers/sellers.

inBOIL I really think you should explain yourself better man. I mean after I read all your comments you are contradicting yourself and making illogical assumptions of game. Like mind F ing with us. Let me tell you something about this game.

Credit farmers are the worst plague you could find in any mmo. Based on your assumption that "if they pay the montly fees and play the game like other gamers do" is good is completly wrong man. Looks like yourself have bough credits before but fail to realize, you needed more and don't have alot of money to buy them.

Let me tell you a secret. Credits don't buy everything. Yea sure they'll bough you those rare items, armors and weapons. They'll never buy the happiness, friends and experience of the game. 

Like you said and quote:

"like i said before,companys who sells credits and prints those infinite amounts do not play the game ,dont pay monthly fees are even worse than credit farmers/sellers."

How can they be worse? Is their own game, they can surely do whatever they F ing want. In this case of AO "that company" is not selling credits. They are selling points to buy player items such as aircrafts and social clothing and other misc items.

Know the difference between selling credits and selling points. No MMO that I know ( please if am wrong) sell their own credits. However, many MMO do sell points to buy various items with in the game. 

Accept the fact that most of the MMO's, AO and future MMO's have/will take advantage of that and F ing move on man.

Now if you don't like it GTFO of MMO's and play some call of duty or single player RPG man. Because there is no perfect MMO in the world. Do not get all frustrated and start typing in some nonsense your problem. State the facts!

Now, before you quote on me and start typing some contradicting silly nonsense or repeating yourself. Stop comparing apples with oranges man. Please state your real problem.

cry baby.

Long Live AO

Originally posted by iseed

but

inBOIL I really think you should explain yourself better man. I mean after I read all your comments you are contradicting yourself and making illogical assumptions of game. Like mind F ing with us. Let me tell you something about this game.

Credit farmers are the worst plague you could find in any mmo. Based on your assumption that "if they pay the montly fees and play the game like other gamers do" is good is completly wrong man. Looks like yourself have bough credits before but fail to realize, you needed more and don't have alot of money to buy them.

Let me tell you a secret. Credits don't buy everything. Yea sure they'll bough you those rare items, armors and weapons. They'll never buy the happiness, friends and experience of the game. 

Like you said and quote:

"like i said before,companys who sells credits and prints those infinite amounts do not play the game ,dont pay monthly fees are even worse than credit farmers/sellers."

How can they be worse? Is their own game, they can surely do whatever they F ing want. In this case of AO "that company" is not selling credits. They are selling points to buy player items such as aircrafts and social clothing and other misc items.

Know the difference between selling credits and selling points. No MMO that I know ( please if am wrong) sell their own credits. However, many MMO do sell points to buy various items with in the game. 

Accept the fact that most of the MMO's, AO and future MMO's have/will take advantage of that and F ing move on man.

Now if you don't like it GTFO of MMO's and play some call of duty or single player RPG man. Because there is no perfect MMO in the world. Do not get all frustrated and start typing in some nonsense your problem. State the facts!

Now, before you quote on me and start typing some contradicting silly nonsense or repeating yourself. Stop comparing apples with oranges man. Please state your real problem.

cry baby.

Long Live AO

read the very first post ,thanks.

Generation P

but

Like you said and quote:

cry baby.

Long Live AO

read the very first post ,thanks.

What you run out of ideas that now you want me to read all your nonsense again. Perhaps you should read it again and maybe just maybe you realize you are wrong. You could always edit your message tho

What you run out of ideas that now you want me to read all your nonsense again. Perhaps you should read it again and maybe just maybe you realize you are wrong. You could always edit your message tho

its "nonsense" to you,just because you dont understand what is wrong and what is right,and sorry i cant teach you that here,sorry.and try to stay on topic thanks.

Generation P

its "nonsense" to you,just because you dont understand what is wrong and what is right,and sorry i cant teach you that here,sorry.and try to stay on topic thanks.

You know what I don't understand? YOU! Maybe we can jog on over to mamby pamby land where we can find what is wrong and what is right! ya jackwagon! 

I do not requiere assistance on teaching me what???. What is the topic?  I mean so far what you been giving us rubbish and hard to understand stuff.

Comments such as "please read the first post" or "stay on topic" LMFAO

Am going to make it simply for you to understand. Stop whining not everyone thinks the same as you and just because they don't agree with you that doesn't mean you are right.The game is as it is take it or leave it.

But iseed "try to stay on topic thanks" cry baby statement. 

You don't know how much WE (as me and all my guild friends) are enjoying reading your comments. Please Indulge us with your wretched comments so we crack up at it.

Long live AO

You know what I don't understand? YOU! Maybe we can jog on over to mamby pamby land where we can find what is wrong and what is right! ya jackwagon! 

I do not requiere assistance on teaching me what???. What is the topic?  I mean so far what you been giving us rubbish and hard to understand stuff.

Am going to make it simply for you to understand. Stop whining not everyone thinks the same as you and just because they don't agree with you that doesn't mean you are right.The game is as it is take it or leave it.

You don't know how much WE (as me and all my guild friends) are enjoying reading your comments. Please Indulge us with your wretched comments so we crack up at it.

Long live AO

because i cant teach you what is wrong and what is right,i will give that job to summone else.

my third post is best what i can do,it is so precise and i cant tell it in any better way.

so all you need to do is start telling your point of view how happy you are because funcom is selling game credits.for example you can go to Darkfall forums and tell to people that you want same system there,company must start selling game credits right now because you think its how games should evolve.

you can go to your work and start telling that same idea,tell to your boss that he/she need to sell you something related to funcom points,so you dont need to do anything and you will earn money like others and even more.

you can call to some icehockey team also,me thinksDe*roit Red Win*s is good enough,call them,ask them if they could hire you ,and ofcourse introduce your idea about the funcom points system so you dont need to play,but you still be on top of scoreboards.

you will get answered,I promise.

Generation P

Again, as already been stated...if someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean they don't understand what you're trying to say...it means they think you're wrong.  

Long live AO

because i cant teach you what is wrong and what is right,i will give that job to summone else.

my third post is best what i can do,it is so precise and i cant tell it in any better way.

so all you need to do is start telling your point of view how happy you are because funcom is selling game credits.for example you can go to Darkfall forums and tell to people that you want same system there,company must start selling game credits right now because you think its how games should evolve.

you can go to your work and start telling that same idea,tell to your boss that he/she need to sell you something related to funcom points,so you dont need to do anything and you will earn money like others and even more.

you can call to some icehockey team also,me thinksDe*roit Red Win*s is good enough,call them,ask them if they could hire you ,and ofcourse introduce your idea about the funcom points system so you dont need to play,but you still be on top of scoreboards.

You do know that EVE online also sells in game currency right? Well, they sell PLEX in the cash shop, and you can sell it in-game to make lots of ISK.  

AO isn't the only game that has done this.

Originally posted by Qazz

You do know that EVE online also sells in game currency right? Well, they sell PLEX in the cash shop, and you can sell it in-game to make lots of ISK.  

AO isn't the only game that has done this.

yes,i know that.

Just wondering and using my imagination ,does these kind of companys employees play their games,and if they do,do they buy game credits (what these companys can print infinite amounts) with real money from company where  they are working for?and what could be the consequences if that is possible?

and

now when theres a real life money value for a virtual  item,which some other players owned allready and those only had virtual money  value,should these kind of companys buy those from those players since they are selling those now to other players with real money?

like "gee my virtual items have real life money value now,where can i sell these"

Generation P

Long live AO

Just because they provide certain services such as the ones you been crying all this time does not mean they deserve to go to hell because you think is wrong. Some people may like the idea other will whine about it. (you in example)

I really like that you like it and you should thank me cos i told you about these improvements.

now you can really start your own thread how happy you are of these improvements and maybe do it just like i suggested.

Generation P

inBOIL; please tell me where to buy credits FROM FunCom or give us any proof how FunCom are making credits themself to feed the ingame economy. If you are unable to provide me with a link to this then IT DOESNT EXIST. If you are able to proove this, I could actually care less anyway. Actually; I give a good damn if FunCom makes credits for players to buy. But seriously; That would cause inflation which would make items go sky rocketing high instantly. As far as I know, prices are dropping. Which is the opposite effect of inflation. Come on, you are joking with us with all these comments, right? I fail to see that inflation is having an impact on the economy, but then, according to you, all of us others are wrong, and you are the only who are correct and understands this, right?

Please, stop your false accusations, they are wrong, unfair & just.... complete wrong. The comments of yours are nothing but absolutely 100% epic fogtalk. It might be my english skills, your english skills or a combined thing of both, but seriously; your comments makes no meaning to me whatsoever. First you make some weird comparison between MMO's & hockey matches, then compare MMO's to Olympic Games. Whats next? You compare flying Yalms to rally car competitions? Bureaucrats to the president of some non-democratic regime?? I just wonder.

Why is it so incredible hard for you to accept that item malls are here to stay, and some people can afford buy more & better gear than you prolly ever will? Why this incredible jealousy? It is just a game. Fair or not. Noone forces you to play it. Why dont you sue FunCom if you think their activity is illegal? Considering how smart you think you are, you surely must have a strong case? You should at least report their activity to the police. Have you done that yet? I figure not; You are HERE, bashing AO. For what reason? I do not now what grudge you are holding against FC, but you are continuisly accusing FC for illegal activity without coming up with any proof at all. Jeez man, do you really fail to see how you are acting here? Youre obviously bashing the game just for the sake of bashing as post after post makes no meaning whatsoever. Are there some hidden messages in these post of yours? Can any native english speaker explain what I fail to understand here? I would like to know, so I can take a decision about the content of those, then I'm hopefully being able to write a reply that people understand, including you. I am, unfortunately, unable to decipher these cryptic messages of yours except for a few bits & pieces.

As long as I feel you are bashing AO unfair, I will keep defending it. Things YOU might find unfair, I might LOVE. And opposite around. That doesnt make it right NOR wrong. The rules are set. Each MMO got a different setting, playstyles & set of "rules", in case you really thought them all would be the same. Now play the game for what it offers; if you can't, why not just move on instead of wasting time with mindless bashing upon something that is definately going to stay.