Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corps-

GigglebottleGigglebottle Member Posts: 40

Can someone provide a list of the top 10 powerhouse Corps.

Comments

• GigglebottleGigglebottle Member Posts: 40

Thank you very much.

• reanorreanor Member UncommonPosts: 441

In case someone is looking for a corp in PO they should consider following about these 2 corps:

M2S - has a lot of kids, little to none recruitment process and is very pompous about themselves. In my opinion they are just a bunch of immature players.

BattleAxe or Axe - this corp is all about players. They don't rush for outposts or for number of kills - they build their "empire", develop as much as possible, do PvE, mining and PvP events and feel very organized.

You probably guessed that I am a member of Axe. And I have a respect for this corp and close to none for M2S. If you want to join a corp which cares about their members and works on common goals with little to none drama - Axe is the best match at this point in PO. And I believe Axe will be one of the most powerful and wealthiest Mega Corps in the future.

• Neoxx27Neoxx27 Member Posts: 63

I lol'd when you said we're a bunch of kids.   We get quite a few old guys actually, and very few young'uns (that I can tell from comms at least).

Remember, we're simply playing a roll in Perpetuum, and we play it well.  If you want to be the bad guy and have the freedom to do pretty much what you want as an individual and not be told how to act by anyone, M2S is the place to be.  We're also communists so everything is done for the corp, and the corp provides everything you need.  You wont ever need to worry about losing your bot in a fight and not being able to replace it.

Otherwise, if you're interested in a capitalist corp where you have to buy your bots from the corp and gag orders for chat channels and forums, AXE may be a good place to look.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

NPC corp, save yourself troubles :)

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Originally posted by Neoxx27

Otherwise, if you're interested in a capitalist corp where you have to buy your bots from the corp and gag orders for chat channels and forums, AXE may be a good place to look.

"have to buy" or get to buy from the corp. Right now assault bots and mechs are selling to corp members for about 75% of market value. Not a bad deal. Mostly the corp is absorbing and distributing the overhead cost of prototyping so that each member doesn't have to do it themselves, though they can if they want. 

And no gag orders. Smack talk is discouraged and trolling is forbidden but that is it. Members are being encouraged to simply ignore the forums and most are. But as you can see it pisses the trolls off.

Oh and any list of significant corps in Perp is incomplete without Jokers regardless their current size.

Good guys, great pvpers, organized and wickedly clever at field tactics.

Also The Enclave is a fast growing bunch of good guys.

All die, so die well.

I lol'd when you said we're a bunch of kids.   We get quite a few old guys actually, and very few young'uns (that I can tell from comms at least).

Remember, we're simply playing a roll in Perpetuum, and we play it well.  If you want to be the bad guy and have the freedom to do pretty much what you want as an individual and not be told how to act by anyone, M2S is the place to be.  We're also communists so everything is done for the corp, and the corp provides everything you need.  You wont ever need to worry about losing your bot in a fight and not being able to replace it.

Not every grown up is mature. If you say you are bunch of adults, well most of you act like you are 12. Trolling on forums, getting in lame bickerings with others, just being a buttholes in general. If thats how you roll - don't be surprised that everyone thinks that you are a bunch of stupid kids. You yourselves are creating this kind of negative reputation about your corp. In other words you guys just need to grow up before people will start taking you seriously.

• lilsteezlilsteez Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by reanor

Not every grown up is mature. If you say you are bunch of adults, well most of you act like you are 12. Trolling on forums, getting in lame bickerings with others, just being a buttholes in general. If thats how you roll - don't be surprised that everyone thinks that you are a bunch of stupid kids. You yourselves are creating this kind of negative reputation about your corp. In other words you guys just need to grow up before people will start taking you seriously.

We don't care if you take us seriously. We just want to blow up your internet robots.
  • HawkaronHawkaron Member UncommonPosts: 208

Any small corps that are still growing out there? I'd rather join that than a big corp.

Not to hijack your thread but I think its better to have related discussion gathered in one topic rather than creating a new one. Maybe a sticky or a new forum section?

This is the best signature ever. Well, it is really up to you to decide. :x

Originally posted by lilsteez
    Originally posted by reanorOriginally posted by Neoxx27

We don't care if you take us seriously. We just want to blow up your internet robots.

LOL.. Ok you are officially funny...

Originally posted by Hawkaron

Any small corps that are still growing out there? I'd rather join that than a big corp.
    Not to hijack your thread but I think its better to have related discussion gathered in one topic rather than creating a new one. Maybe a sticky or a new forum section?

Definitely lots of small corps out there. Don't remember any of their names though since they don't really do anything but mine on the alpha islands. Just post in general chat that your looking for a small Corp and I'm sure you will get some responses.
  • HawkaronHawkaron Member UncommonPosts: 208

Definitely lots of small corps out there. Don't remember any of their names though since they don't really do anything but mine on the alpha islands. Just post in general chat that your looking for a small Corp and I'm sure you will get some responses.

Well, as I am not playing this game I thought I'd ask for one over here. But ah well, I have decided not to stick with this, I don't think it will be for me. I'm not the greatest teamplayer in brainbusting games like these.

This is the best signature ever. Well, it is really up to you to decide. :x

Well, as I am not playing this game I thought I'd ask for one over here. But ah well, I have decided not to stick with this, I don't think it will be for me. I'm not the greatest teamplayer in brainbusting games like these.

I would definitely find this game boring as suit if I went it solo. So ya if you don't like team play then stay away from this game.

I would definitely find this game boring as suit if I went it solo. So ya if you don't like team play then stay away from this game.

Hm...if don't like to solo, stay away. If you don't like to PVP, stay away. If you do like sandbox, stay away. If you....stay way.

Isn't the game made to entertain players instead of making them 'stay away'? I guess not...

• SineathSineath Member Posts: 224

CIR is a great corp that's growing.  They charge about 10% of market cost for mechs and equipment.  They're ALL adults.  They're from North America and Europe, primarily.  Very organized with good events.

CIR is a great corp.  You should contact Infinity Nova if you're interested.

• ExpiryExpiry Member UncommonPosts: 76

X-23 is a small Corp (30-40 people). I have heard great things about them... err. us :)

• kobietrumankobietruman Member Posts: 105

solo player

having a great time

also squad up with a RL friend or 2

• JelanJelan Member Posts: 8

LOL.. Ok you are officially funny...

I do think its funny when people cant differentiate between a persona ingame and out of game.  I believe the youngest person within M2S is 18 and I think i'm one of the oldest in my 40's.  We have created a persona with the corp, either hate us, fear us or love us.  We are noticed within Perpetuum, mission accomplished.

If some overly serious '12' year old thinks that we take this 'wery' seriously then you should probably play less complex social and political interaction games.

OT: Yes M2S is a Communist Corp, if thats your thing then check us out.  Recruitment is via application and then a TS interview by one of the corp recruiters.  You will then be put on a trial period and if the size doesnt fit for both of us then we part ways amicably

• XTinTXXTinTX Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by Gdemami

Hm...if don't like to solo, stay away. If you don't like to PVP, stay away. If you do like sandbox, stay away. If you....stay way.

Isn't the game made to entertain players instead of making them 'stay away'? I guess not...

I’m not sure that I get where you’re coming from with this.  Are you for some reason surprised that this game won’t appeal to everyone?  If you know of a game that does appeal to everyone, please share the secret.

Originally posted by XTinTX
    I’m not sure that I get where you’re coming from with this.  Are you for some reason surprised that this game won’t appeal to everyone?  If you know of a game that does appeal to everyone, please share the secret.

It does not make much business sense to make a game that will support only very specific play style resulting in very limited target audience. You simply lose money that way.

It is how MMO are making money - they entertain people. If you design a game the way that it does not entertain most of them, you do it wrong.

Originally posted by Gdemami

It does not make much business sense to make a game that will support only very specific play style resulting in very limited target audience. You simply lose money that way.

It is how MMO are making money - they entertain people. If you design a game the way that it does not entertain most of them, you do it wrong.

Are there any examples that you can provide to support this?  I confess that I’m not an expert in MMO history, following the games I’ve played and pretty much ignoring the ones that I haven’t.  I can think of several games that failed for lack of focus, and many more that failed due to poor game play/mechanics/bugs, but I can’t think of any that failed due to having an overly narrow focus. 

I might be wrong about this, but it seems Darkfall is chugging along nicely, and that game seems to be seriously focused.  People say that Eve started out in a similar way to Perpetuum, and it seems to be doing fine as well.  DAoC to me was very focused on RvR, as the crafting, PvE, and so much else in it was terrible, but I played and loved it for six years.

The only game that I can think of with the potential to entertain most people is WoW, and that is very debatable.  It certainly doesn’t entertain me.   

Are there any examples that you can provide to support this?  I confess that I’m not an expert in MMO history, following the games I’ve played and pretty much ignoring the ones that I haven’t.  I can think of several games that failed for lack of focus, and many more that failed due to poor game play/mechanics/bugs, but I can’t think of any that failed due to having an overly narrow focus. 

DAOC, AC, UO, Shadowbane, etc. how are those games doing? Is their sub base increasing?

I think you got an answer there.

I might be wrong about this, but it seems Darkfall is chugging along nicely, and that game seems to be seriously focused. 

Darkfall population is only declining since launch. Might be a bit different with recent trial offers and expansion but time will tell if the trend of losing subs will revert. Imo, it will follow the fate of the games listed above, because it will keep the same narrow focus.

The only game that I can think of with the potential to entertain most people is WoW, and that is very debatable.  It certainly doesn’t entertain me.   

That isn't debatable at all. Millions of people are subscribed to WoW, they do enjoy the game. It has a major share of MMO market.

There are only 2 games on 'western' market that not only survived but could also growth over the years.

Those games are EVE Online and World of Warcraft. While World of Warcraft was aimed for mass audience since launch, EVE Online had to develop the hard way to gain their numbers and the only way to achieve it was to broaden the play style the game can accommodate. Only about 12% of the players live in 0.0. If the game was still norrow focused on 'hardcore' PVP, it would have only 12% of current numbers.

DAoC was successful for years.  It’s argued by many that ToA was a major factor in its downfall, which incidentally was when the game lost some of its RvR focus.  Though I never played UO, from what I read it was also fairly successful for years.  AO I can’t speak about, but Shadowbane had issues other than its PvP focus. 

As for Darkfall, I could care less about the trend, is it successful enough to stay alive and continue to provide entertainment to its narrowly focused audience?  Time will tell.  And the WoW point is completely debatable.  I don’t question that millions of people subscribe to and enjoy the game.  There are plenty of people who don’t enjoy WoW, and thus will be looking for a different gaming experience. 

And Eve, I just don’t see a whole lot of difference between it and Perpetuum.  Eve is much more fleshed out, but shouldn’t we give PO more than two weeks before we decide that it will never flesh out as well?  The game has a solid foundation, and now it’s up to the Devs to take the game where they want it to go.  If I like the direction I’ll play it, if I don’t I won’t.    

DAoC was successful for years. 

DAoC, EQ, and others were successful until World of Warcraft came out, a game that targets mass audience. Everyone then moved where their play style was better supported.

EVE Online is the only exception since they did indeed changed their game and adapted, the others who did not, died.

DAoC is the one I know the most about, and though I’ve heard many reasons for its demise (buff bots, clustering, ToA, NF, ect…) focusing too heavily on RvR was never one of them.  We see things a bit differently I guess, but that’s cool. 

In any case, what exactly does Eve have that Perpetuum doesn’t?  I’ll absolutely grant you that Eve is far more developed, but we need to keep in mind that it’s what, eight or nine years old?  I think the PvE in Eve is pretty awful.  I wish I had a dime for every time it’s been said on these forums that Eve isn’t fun solo, that you need to get into a player Corporation.  I just don’t see any major thing Eve has that PO doesn’t, though I’ll repeat that Eve has developed them far more.

What PO does have is a completely safe “High Sec” area, where suicide ganks don’t occur.  As things stand now, there will never be a Hulkageddon type event in PO.  Same goes for can flipping and ninja salvaging.  I’m unaware of the Devs having said that they will not further develop anything but corporation based PvP.  It had a great launch, and while there are many things that need to be worked on, I’m more than willing to give a Dev team that has accomplished this much some time to work it out.