Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The 10free days farce

RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Guys at NC please next time you invite people the minimum you can do, is to ensure your product is working properly, when launching such a campaign.  I usually don't invite people to diner if i have nothing ti put in their plate, but if i really need to upset them.

To make it short, for the sake of people who are reading, let it be clear i have yet to experience such a bad moment but what i went through here. And i play mmos, for decades.

First the game after download wont install poperly, and the only work around was posted in an obscure web site, and not even on Aion technical problems, point a post up here. In anycase, in game i had a very nice charater control bug that totally made me mad. But after one or 2 hours of research and experiement i was able to get rid of it. I post the problem in their bug section of the NC section forum, then the way i resolve it. Few hours later when i came back in this section of this forum i see that post deleted ?!? LOL Then after being able to play an hour or so, the game once again wont launch because of patching error, like they update their game on a saturday night?!? No in fact the game is just fucked to the bones, and people report these issue, and the only response, is download once again your 10giga and reinstall...

Ok next time, please don't invite, i hate loosing my time with such mockery.

Comments

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

you must be unlucky i guess , ive never had the problems your having.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

They are a lot of report of this kind of problems, their patching method is just not working porperly, when this kind of stuff happen you don't invite people to play your game, you fix it it first.

• linedawglinedawg Member UncommonPosts: 123

Originally posted by Requiamer

Guys at NC please next time you invite people the minimum you can do, is to ensure your product is working properly, when launching such a campaign.  I usually don't invite people to diner if i have nothing ti put in their plate, but if i really need to upset them.

To make it short, for the sake of people who are reading, let it be clear i have yet to experience such a bad moment but what i went through here. And i play mmos, for decades.

First the game after download wont install poperly, and the only work around was posted in an obscure web site, and not even on Aion technical problems, point a post up here. In anycase, in game i had a very nice charater control bug that totally made me mad. But after one or 2 hours of research and experiement i was able to get rid of it. I post the problem in their bug section of the NC section forum, then the way i resolve it. Few hours later when i came back in this section of this forum i see that post deleted ?!? LOL Then after being able to play an hour or so, the game once again wont launch because of patching error, like they update their game on a saturday night?!? No in fact the game is just fucked to the bones, and people report these issue, and the only response, is download once again your 10giga and reinstall...

Ok next time, please don't invite, i hate loosing my time with such mockery.

I have also been having problems with the games install. Either it takes 10 – 30 minutes for the launcher to load the game (if it does not error out). Also I have been experiencing a lot of lag with the game which I thought was network connection or some other element. It now looks like every turn I take the graphic API interface is failing to receiving memory leaks. This will render the game unplayable after an hour or so. Once and if you can get the game to load, I know I’m debating if I should try to wait it out and see if these problems are fixed or drop the game all together AGAIN.  But I would have to agree with Requiamer, NC need to have a solid game engine and a solid support team to support a product like this. I have only reactive my account for over a week now and I have to say that my game play experience has been horrible.

• DaitenguDaitengu Member Posts: 442

I find most of my problems to be very computer dependant.  Zero problems on my bro's computer, but I have had this damn random Gfx card crashing bug for a month now and it's damn annoying. I can't play my cleric in groups because I'm afraid to have my computer crash mid boss fight.

• linedawglinedawg Member UncommonPosts: 123

Originally posted by Daitengu

I find most of my problems to be very computer dependant.  Zero problems on my bro's computer, but I have had this damn random Gfx card crashing bug for a month now and it's damn annoying. I can't play my cleric in groups because I'm afraid to have my computer crash mid boss fight.

At first I thought it may have been a computer problem as well so I ran checks on every vital system on my workstation. Everything on my end is fine, I also ran several other games on full blast and playing DVD, Itune and several other systems giving a stress test while I have a process / Application monitor running. During that time I had no problem and everything seem to run just fine. But as soon as I try to load Aion memory leaks galore (mostly in the graphics card functions). As a hobby I create 3D models, code video game and some 2D graphics with no problem with them at all. As much as I hate to say it I think NC need to trouble shot their game engine design and work on patches to repair it. If memory serves me with the game Crisis had the same problem and Aion is built on their engine. So they may want to talk with them and see how the performance of the core engine can be stabilized before moving forwarded with anything else. 

• DaitenguDaitengu Member Posts: 442

Originally posted by linedawg

Originally posted by Daitengu

At first I thought it may have been a computer problem as well so I ran checks on every vital system on my workstation. Everything on my end is fine, I also ran several other games on full blast and playing DVD, Itune and several other systems giving a stress test while I have a process / Application monitor running. During that time I had no problem and everything seem to run just fine. But as soon as I try to load Aion memory leaks galore (mostly in the graphics card functions). As a hobby I create 3D models, code video game and some 2D graphics with no problem with them at all. As much as I hate to say it I think NC need to trouble shot their game engine design and work on patches to repair it. If memory serves me with the game Crisis had the same problem and Aion is built on their engine. So they may want to talk with them and see how the performance of the core engine can be stabilized before moving forwarded with anything else. 

Not what I meant. I can play Dragon age on my comp and it won't crash. but Aion will make it crash.  aion never crashes my Bro's computer.  I've done everything to my comp. nothing help. Yes everything!  I'm saying Aion just hates some computers for no appearent reason >.<

crysis engine.. That makes me sad. I better figure this out before Blade&soul comes out, cause that's on the crysis 2 eng. and I may have the same problem -.-

• MalakhiMalakhi Member UncommonPosts: 39

Re-installed on Satuday.  Didn't have any problems.  Game runs fine.  Running Win 7, 64 bit.

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

I've installed Aion on all 3 of my computers and have never had a problem.  

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

My guess is it's your system.  I run on 3 computers and it works great on all 3 all of which are built within the past 2 years.  Either you have some hardware that's dated or the drivers are and that is causing you issues. 

• Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409

I just wanted to point out to those people that say "It isn't happening to me." that the failure to patch/install is a well known issue with Aion. If you look online there are plenty of references to this issue. I only bring this up because people are always quick to say "This doesn't happen to me" but while it may not happen to you, it IS happening to others.

In fact, the entire reason I don't play Aion is that it will not install on my machine, and I just decided that it was not worth the hassle of redownloading 13Gb of data all the time... the NCSoft launcher it terrible. Many site tell you to download the entire client via torrent, or fileplanet.... because the launcher is terrible. Oh well...

My 2 Cents

Averros

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

Yes the download was taking a very long time (probably because a lot of people were doing the same as you), mine was taking so long I closed the window, found my original copy and decided to install that instead.  Then after, I just patched the latest update versions and was able to sign in.  This was after I sent them an email the previous day to establish a PIN code because I my DOB was not registering and would not let me log in.

They gave me a reactivation the next day and I was able to log in and finally play.  It seems a lot of people came back to check out these 10 days because well, we are probably all in the same boat with no mmo to play and bored as hell.  It was a little tricky to get back in, but a little persistence paid off.  

• mmofan2112mmofan2112 Member Posts: 38

Yea, I to had issues. First, even thought I have DirectX 10, it said it wanted DirectX 9 files from 6 years ago. Then it went through and aplied one file at a time....I hit launch, it said your DX is out of date (no, I have latest 10) and then update one more file. Solution was to go to MS and get DirectX 9 SDK something or other and hope it does not wipe out my newer DirectX 10 files. By this time, the reasons I had left before my first month ended started to come back to me (IE, more bots then players) and I aborted and uninstalled. With Cataclysm out in hours, and so many really good FTP (LoTRO), there simply is nothing that draws me back to Aion.

• GormokGormok Member Posts: 379

I have the same problem, it'll download and start to install. At the end of the install the game just errors out, so i pretty much gave up on it

• Sorrows101Sorrows101 Member Posts: 23

Easiest way to avoid those issues is download and install the full 2.0 patch or 2.1 from torrent sites..

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Originally posted by mmofan2112

Yea, I to had issues. First, even thought I have DirectX 10, it said it wanted DirectX 9 files from 6 years ago. Then it went through and aplied one file at a time....I hit launch, it said your DX is out of date (no, I have latest 10) and then update one more file. Solution was to go to MS and get DirectX 9 SDK something or other and hope it does not wipe out my newer DirectX 10 files. By this time, the reasons I had left before my first month ended started to come back to me (IE, more bots then players) and I aborted and uninstalled. With Cataclysm out in hours, and so many really good FTP (LoTRO), there simply is nothing that draws me back to Aion.

Sorry you had to endure this. You are definately not alone, but the problem is mostly caused by Microsoft because dx10 is not "all previous versions + more".

If you install a fresh windows 7 and let it run all updates, you will still miss several parts of a real dx9.0c installation.

On a client machine you don't need the SDK version but you needn't worry about dx9.0c overwriting "newer" dx10 files. Your full directx installation actually includes quite a few files that originates to dx7 and even dx5 :-)

In fact if you experience any sort of  texture problems and such on a win 7 machine you should go and download the latest directx 9.0c websetup

This is a general problem and not only related to Aion. I doubt it will solve the OP's problem. Just a major annoyance that a lot of people think that DX10 includes everything that prior versions had - Microsoft should have solved this a long time ago.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I have never had 1 issue with Aion. The entire 7 months I played it. Neither had any of my friends. Or my guild. So I'm pretty sure if your issue wasn't easy to find a fix for, it isn't very common.