Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interesting post on PvP from Quest Online

rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Nightvision's response to questions in "PvP Phase 1 is released" thread.

All-in-all, it's an interesting read.  Here are some highlights:

• They're trying to attract players who won't play a game with no PvP

• They're designing the system to be fun and engaging, but not mandatory

• They're sensitive to PvE vs. PVP balance changes and take that into consideration when balancing abilities

• PvP is not a bolt-on - it's going to be fully integrated into every major game system

Conspicuously absent, however, was any acknowledgement of my pay-to-win factor concerns.  I've posted them twice on the official boards and several times here, and haven't ever seen an official response.

~Ripper

Comments

• Meh-sah-yaMeh-sah-ya Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by rhinok

• They're trying to attract players who won't play a game with no PvP (good move, i guess?)

• They're designing the system to be fun and engaging, but not mandatory (fluff)

• They're sensitive to PvE vs. PVP balance changes and take that into consideration when balancing abilities (man, i sure hope they dont scew this up :P)

• PvP is not a bolt-on - it's going to be fully integrated into every major game system (fluff)

Conspicuously absent, however, was any acknowledgement of my pay-to-win factor concerns.  I've posted them twice on the official boards and several times here, and haven't ever seen an official response.

~Ripper

Also wanted to add that I've read your posts on the forum and theres some good advice about current game issues. Not coming back until they work on their so called 'free'-to play shop model >.<

Santa Claus says such cruel things.

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

Originally posted by rhinok

• They're trying to attract players who won't play a game with no PvP

• They're designing the system to be fun and engaging, but not mandatory

• They're sensitive to PvE vs. PVP balance changes and take that into consideration when balancing abilities

• PvP is not a bolt-on - it's going to be fully integrated into every major game system

~Ripper

Well, just because we didn't respond doesn't mean that we're not reading and listening. I read all those posts and discuss options with the team on a regular basis. We just can't ack every single forum post as that would be time consuming. Rest assured, we're listening.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
    If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
    ...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.