Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8.98 rating?

2»

Comments

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

A fantastic game for those that like this type of mmo, including myself image

• jairusjairus Member UncommonPosts: 175

this is one of those game where the players have to cheat the system in-order to make their game that they play look better then it is.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by jairus
    this is one of those game where the players have to cheat the system in-order to make their game that they play look better then it is.

Not everyone will like the game. It's silly to think that everyone would like the game, no matter how good it is. But if you don't like the game, it's not because the developers did a poor job. It's because you just don't want to play a SciFi, Sandbox, Robots On The Ground, It Isn't MechWarrior MMORPG. That doesn't mean the game hasn't released with a higher quality than every other MMORPG released in the past year. Maybe longer than a year.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by jairus

Not everyone will like the game. It's silly to think that everyone would like the game, no matter how good it is. But if you don't like the game, it's not because the developers did a poor job. It's because you just don't want to play a SciFi, Sandbox, Robots On The Ground, It Isn't MechWarrior MMORPG. That doesn't mean the game hasn't released with a higher quality than every other MMORPG released in the past year. Maybe longer than a year.

I like both but MechWarrior Online would get my money hands down :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• jairusjairus Member UncommonPosts: 175

meh.

• GigglebottleGigglebottle Member Posts: 40

I'm just wondering what they have planned for the long term. You can only mine so many rocks. From what I've heard from others though it looks fairly decent. I think i will shell out my 10 bucks for it. I mean 10 bucks how bad can 10 bucks worth of playtime be *knocks on wood

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Originally posted by Gigglebottle

I'm just wondering what they have planned for the long term. You can only mine so many rocks. From what I've heard from others though it looks fairly decent. I think i will shell out my 10 bucks for it. I mean 10 bucks how bad can 10 bucks worth of playtime be *knocks on wood

You can do the 4 day trial for $4.00 dollars, if you are unsure about the game. However an extra six gives ya an enite month whether you like the game or not.

• OzzieorlOzzieorl Member Posts: 14

Hearing the Devs talk, and yes, they are there on a regular basis.  The next big upgrade will be Terraforming.

• Neoxx27Neoxx27 Member Posts: 63

Originally posted by HiGHPLAiNS

Originally posted by Gigglebottle

You can do the 4 day trial for $4.00 dollars, if you are unsure about the game. However an extra six gives ya an enite month whether you like the game or not.

Even if you do the trial and decide to buy it for the first month, its still cheaper than any other game even just for a subscription :D

• SequenceLostSequenceLost Member UncommonPosts: 202

Originally posted by Ozzieorl

Hearing the Devs talk, and yes, they are there on a regular basis.  The next big upgrade will be Terraforming.

Oh boy - can't wait to see the forums ripe with threads complaining about how Player X just created a hole under Player Y that Player Y can't get out of...should be interesting at least.  I remember when there was talk that Fallen Earth's dev's originally had stated they were going to allow terraforming.  From my understanding a number of beta folks used it as a means to "trap" people in the ground, which abruptly ended that player ability.

• Neoxx27Neoxx27 Member Posts: 63

Terraforming will likely require you to have a special module equipped as well as charges and take a good bit of time to terraform 1 tile.  Trapping someone would either require a lot of people or someone AFK.  And you likely wont be able to trap someone with just 1 cycle, as the height change wont be that enormous for someone to not be able to walk out from.

Even if someone does get trapped, they'll just have to either get blown up or have someone come dig them out.

Its not going to be some super cheap thing anyone with a shovel can do all day long.  It will be for people with money to spare who want to create defendable areas and traps and things like that.  I would imagine terraforming charges will be more expensive than any other charge in the game, maybe with the exception of energy injector charges.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Terraforming will be a corporate thing. You take an outpost and then terraform around it to make it very defensable. At some point they plan on having player built settlements as well. It doesn't sound like something where you'd just walk out in the middle of nowhere and dig a hole.

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Media:Manifesto

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.