Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long is the Rift beta?

OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598

I just visited the Rift website and it appears that the first beta event is only 3 days long.  Does anyone know what the beta schedule is for the beta test phase?  I got all excited about the VIP key but now I am wondering how much time it will give me to test the game.

Comments

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

The beta events are going to be about 7 or 8 weekend long events that are more of a focus or stress test than a full blown beta. As a beta member you will not get to freely explore the entire game.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

So when do they expect to go live I wonder.

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

BETA INFO

http://www.riftgame.com/en/beta/index.php

Dec. 3rd, 18:00 GMT – Dec. 6th, 18:00 GMT

LIVE GAME ETA is 3 to 4 months after the beta start, therefore we can espect a march or april release on your tablets.

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642

Originally posted by lunatis

BETA INFO

LIVE GAME ETA is 3 to 4 months after the beta start, therefore we can espect a march or april release on your tablets.

Mmmmm 3-4 months from December is February or March. I am expecting a late February release on this one.

• AluviusAluvius Member Posts: 288

For what its worth Gamestop just updated to a 3/1/2011 release, previously it had been 2/1/2011.  Sounds likely to me based on what info Trion has released.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Regardless, I'm pretty sure the release isn't too far away. XD

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Originally posted by Aluvius

For what its worth Gamestop just updated to a 3/1/2011 release, previously it had been 2/1/2011.  Sounds likely to me based on what info Trion has released.

What it's worth? What if it is worth nothing? Gamestop is guessing just like anyone else there is no inside info that they have just to clear that up.

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

Originally posted by Waldoe

BETA INFO

Mmmmm 3-4 months from December is February or March. I am expecting a late February release on this one.

Maths a lot?

• HystericHysteric Member UncommonPosts: 51

What it's worth? What if it is worth nothing? Gamestop is guessing just like anyone else there is no inside info that they have just to clear that up.

But its a good and logical date, so whats your beef?

Originally posted by revy66

BETA INFO

Maths a lot?

Not sure if you are referring to me or lunatis, but Dec 3 to  say Feb 26 is....hmmm oh yeah about 3 months.

Originally posted by Hysteric

The point to get across is that Gamestop does not know shit about release dates before they become common knowledge I find more and more that people swear by Gamestops guessing like they have extra information, which is totally false.

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

The point to get across is that Gamestop does not know shit about release dates before they become common knowledge I find more and more that people swear by Gamestops guessing like they have extra information, which is totally false.

Their dates are not "guesses", they are placeholders which are usually given by the company and while they are not public announcements, it's the dates they give to one of the biggest retailers. Gamestop was right for many dates before they were openly announced.

Calm down there internet professor.  Let me repost what I said and see if you can spot the caveats, just to help you out there are are 2:

"For what its worth Gamestop just updated to a 3/1/2011 release, previously it had been 2/1/2011.  Sounds likely to me based on what info Trion has released."

At no point did I or anyone else say anything was gospel and well yes often retailers do get inside information or what the reality based world calls marketing info.  Gamestop's moved release date, Trion's public announcements about their "commercial preview" beta length and past experience with previous mmo's of the time between public beta and release means that March 1st, 2011 is a perfectly reasonable guess.

Of course you'll accept none of this and will surely reply with the usual hipster cynicism that passes for discourse on forums these days.

Calm down there internet professor.  Let me repost what I said and see if you can spot the caveats, just to help you out there are are 2:

"For what its worth Gamestop just updated to a 3/1/2011 release, previously it had been 2/1/2011.  Sounds likely to me based on what info Trion has released."

At no point did I or anyone else say anything was gospel and well yes often retailers do get inside information or what the reality based world calls marketing info.  Gamestop's moved release date, Trion's public announcements about their "commercial preview" beta length and past experience with previous mmo's of the time between public beta and release means that March 1st, 2011 is a perfectly reasonable guess.

Of course you'll accept none of this and will surely reply with the usual hipster cynicism that passes for discourse on forums these days.

I am just stating that Gmaestop knows nothing. If you actually cruised these forums people bring it up all the time that Gamestop knows more than the public and that their release dates are not just place holders.

Originally posted by revy66

Their dates are not "guesses", they are placeholders which are usually given by the company and while they are not public announcements, it's the dates they give to one of the biggest retailers. Gamestop was right for many dates before they were openly announced.

They are guesses used as place holders so they can take pre orders. They do not get any information about a release date until it is announced publically.

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

One beta event weekend every two weeks would take 4 months to get through the 8 beta event weekends.  But once every two weeks may be a bit fast.

Hartsman has said Gamestops dates are made up and not from Trion.

The term beta may be a bit confuisng for Rift.  What one would call a closed beta they call Alpha which has been going on since August.  BEta events are simply marketing events and stress tests.  Not real testing.

I'd like to do a thread necro and a little chest thumping now hehe.  It seems Gamestop was right on the money with their 3/1 release date.  I guess I get to wear my floppy prognosticator hat again.  :)