Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earthrise: Gameplay Footage Revealed

Comments

• BoudahXLBoudahXL Member UncommonPosts: 199

Why not just re-launch TabulaRasa and call it TabulaRasa Redux, add a few more zones and voila...

Sorry for being cynical, but I don't see how this game is gonna pull a different market crowd than what TR did and sadly failed, unless the publisher is actually aiming for a small market share with cheap continuous development... I dunno seriously.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Combat looks slow and clunky.  

MOB AI...was there any?

World looks pasted together.

Animations....

Game needs a lot and I mean a lot of work.   The only thing that caught my eye was the trees...in the one scene that they actually had trees...the trees look good.   Keep working on the rest.

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

Originally posted by Teala

Combat looks slow and clunky.  

MOB AI...was there any?

World looks pasted together.

Animations....

Game needs a lot and I mean a lot of work.   The only thing that caught my eye was the trees...in the one scene that they actually had trees...the trees look good.   Keep working on the rest.

I agree needs a lot of work. Maybe another 2 years in oven. if they released it any sooner its gonna fall flat on its face.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Earthrise is open FFA PvP with varying degrees of NPC security much like EVE.

All items in ER are crafted.

There are no instances.

There are no levels.

There are no classes.

The game's central feature are the "contested territories" which can be conquered and controlled by player organizations.  These lands provide valuable resources for the owners to mine which can then be used in the construction of more powerful technology.  Also, conquered territory can be built upon.

ER in a nutshell.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Originally posted by lkavadas

There are no levels.

What are the numbers next to the targeted characters? Masthead (100) and Deconstruction Drone (70)

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Originally posted by mmoguy43

Originally posted by lkavadas

There are no levels.

What are the numbers next to the targeted characters? Masthead (100) and Deconstruction Drone (70)

Battle rating, a number derived from your equipment and your skill proficiencies directly related to that equipment.

It's just a visual aid.

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

The game was announced a little less than three years ago wasnt it? And isnt this an indie company?

Come on guys, lets give it some time, this is one of the first gameplay footage vids they have showed, and its not all bad. I laughed once and went "WTF?!" at least twice, thats not too bad in my book.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Whenever I try to play the video, it's always messed up looking.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Animations do 'not' look great, but remind me of the very stiff, non-fluid animations I saw of Xsyon 6months ago.

Game-play does 'not' look great, but clunky.

Graphics do 'not' look great, but I am assuming they were 'low' resolution.

Environments do 'not' look great, but sterile.

I am glad that someone is brave enough to release footage so we know things are still in-development, but be honest, things are 'still' in-development. 

Granted this was a very brief look/view, but if it's their best representation at this point in time, I could understand if they need another year to really make game-play, mechanics, environments, and overall coding more robust, clean, polished, smooth, etc.

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

Originally posted by jiveturkey12

The game was announced a little less than three years ago wasnt it? And isnt this an indie company?

Come on guys, lets give it some time, this is one of the first gameplay footage vids they have showed, and its not all bad. I laughed once and went "WTF?!" at least twice, thats not too bad in my book.

No its not the first gameplay footage. Another gameplay footage was posted an year ago which was as bad as this one and got same reactions. Nothing has changed over the year i guess. They can have all the time they need. I am anyways never in favor of rushing the release.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

On paper this game sounds perffect for me. I think the video looks promising. But as with all MMO's for now on. I will not purchase it until the reviews come in. It might fail completely, im not blinded, but I hope it works out.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• akathosakathos Member UncommonPosts: 179

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

Animations do 'not' look great, but remind me of the very stiff, non-fluid animations I saw of Xsyon 6months ago.

I am glad that someone is brave enough to release footage so we know things are still in-development, but be honest, things are 'still' in-development. 

Granted this was a very brief look/view, but if it's their best representation at this point in time, I could understand if they need another year to really make game-play, mechanics, environments, and overall coding more robust, clean, polished, smooth, etc.

This is what I was gunna say pretty much.... Kinda looks old. But this is BETA..things..might improove..doubt it..but hey ho.

• tikitiki Member Posts: 395

PVP looks pretty fun to me.  I will admit the animations can use a good overhaul, but luckily for me I put game play way ahead of graphics and animations.

East Carolina University, Computer Science BS, 2011
    --------------------
    Current game: DAOC

Games played and quit: L2, PlanetSide, RF Online, GuildWars, SWG, COH/COV, Vanguard, LOTRO, WoW, WW2 Online, FFXI, Auto-Assault, EVE Online, ShadowBane, RYL, Rappelz, Last Chaos, Myst Online, POTBS, EQ2, Warhammer Online, AoC, Aion, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Allods, Darkfall.

Waiting on: Earthrise

Names: Citio, Goldie, Sportacus

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

I saw a lot of potential for the game. Yes, the world is blend but who gives a crap as gameplay should be their first and most important item on their agenda for improving. Yes, animations were clunky but from the tads i could see not including the melee animations they got the right idea. Taking into weight and how you would move with a gun they were really close or spot on.

People remember you can choose between free aim or lock it is totally up to you. 

You guys wanted a video well here is your video and now a lot of you are saying ohhh maybe they should not have showed a video! WTF?!?! make up your mind people! 

• AryasAryas Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by Senadina

In another vid, a dev was saying it is an RPG, not a shooter per se. So, standard MMO targetting.

Logical fallacy; that was not stated anywhere and just because the game is structured like an MMO does not immediately imply the control system is the same as other MMOs. TERA is a prime example.

Playing: Ableton Live 8
    ~ ragequitcancelsubdeletegamesmashcomputerkillself ~

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I'm confused. Why did the person they killed at 1:42 lose all of their clothing.

• ImpyrielImpyriel Member UncommonPosts: 711

I hate to say this cause im eagerly awaiting this games arrival, but this looks like alpha footage to me.

• TorgenTorgen Member UncommonPosts: 158

Wow!! These were some really not impressive graphics, animations and effects.

I hope they take some time and have the skills to improve it. I'd say: don't release the game before 12 to 18 months

just my two cents

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

it's ok if it is still in Alpha, now that we know the game truly is work in progress ( which we used to think that the game does not even being made )

the graphics are not that bad at all, it's acceptable, so what i am curious next is that they are gonna delay or still stick with their Q4 2010 release..

because looking from the beta footage, the game is not even 50% yet

So What Now?

• Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522

Looks great! Reminds me a lot of Tabula Rasa....and that's a good thing! Hopefully Masthead can pick up where NCSoft dropped the ball.

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

Originally posted by TweFoju

it's ok if it is still in Alpha, now that we know the game truly is work in progress ( which we used to think that the game does not even being made )

the graphics are not that bad at all, it's acceptable, so what i am curious next is that they are gonna delay or still stick with their Q4 2010 release..

because looking from the beta footage, the game is not even 50% yet

50% incomplete world or 50% incomplete features? There is a huge difference! 

If you mean 50% incomplete world then meh whatever those added lush and graphics can be added later. If you mean 50% incomplete feature/gameplay then yeah that needs to be fixed before release. However from what I saw, I saw a very near complete feature game even if it is lacking environment though some features need to be fine tuned and some balance needs to take place. Though Mob AI really needs work as that is very noticeable so an other 6-12 months is in order to fix the gameplay. 

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Well, that was a let down from all the time I spent waiting to see some in game footage from this title. It'll be interesting to see how it evolves, but now I know why they've been so reluctant to show it.

Joined - July 2004

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Looks good enought to play it :)

• NekrataalNekrataal Member Posts: 557

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

Someone you says this & then turn around & say that a game like Perpetuum is a great game as zero credibility.

• CognitoCognito Member Posts: 198

This looks pretty bad. Not completely not worth-while, but still pretty bad. Animations, as others have said, are not that great - The melee dude looks overpowered. Like, he always got to the target, and killed them in like two swings. Maybe that was just a demonstration of a character that is quite a few levels higher than what it was fighting, I'm not sure.

And is there any other mode of transport other than that super slow jog he does? I hope so...

Put through the personal paces of my crippled fingers.