Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last day and still no key?

FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184

w0w, what a big fat dissapointment.

I sub'd my order a month and a half ago, applied for BETA the normal way, followed them on Facebook (from the beginning), all that crap.  Hell, I might have applied for Alpha.

And it's the last day for them to do the BETA invites;  wonder what time they plan on sending them out today if at all.

Comments

• elvigyelvigy Member CommonPosts: 249

I'm concernified myself. I've done pretty much everything you did. I even called SOE support to see if they had gotten my receipt. They said they didn't, so I've resubmitted it several times but still haven't gotten my invite. Seriously, if they make a deal to provide preorders with a beta key by a certain date, they should make sure that they can follow through on that promise. But I'll wait to the end of the day to see. I'll probably still play, but it does start the experience in a negative way.

• DarkShadow74DarkShadow74 Member UncommonPosts: 108

I called them yesterday and this is what happened to me. they are saying that I am the only one that is upset and have called about this, and that SOE has no control on the beta or the DCUO stuff. That they arent even in the loop or able to give Customer ser...vice on it. And they dont know why DCUO is telling people to contact them on the beta key problem. But then they told me that My email addy was on the list to get a key. Ok how do they know if they arent in the loop. And then they said the last bath of beta keys went out on the Sat the 20th, and dont know when the next going out.

• FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184

If I don't get my key today I'm just canceling...  Rift starts in a couple days anyway.

Who knows, as big of a w0w hater as I am, maybe I'll even try Cata.

Been playing Perpetuum too anyway, bleh, enough irons in the fire.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

Call them to make sure they have your preorder submission.

Make sure that you preordered before the 15th of november. 

Today is not the last day for beta invites,  today was the guaranteed date for all preorders,  if you did not receive it today you still have a chance to get in.

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Today is not the last day for beta invites,  today was the guaranteed date for all preorders,  if you did not receive it today you still have a chance to get in.

I underlined the part that sux about this. I preordered on Oct. 29 and uploaded the image of my receipt the same day but don't have my invitation. I've sent in a ticket to SOE support. On the DCUO Source website, and on the FB page, there are quite a few other people in the same boat. Not an impressive way to handle the fan base.

I actually pre-ordered before the 15th of OCT.  That's why I'm getting a bit pissed.   They've had well more than enough of my time than to wait till ZERO hour for ordering almost right after they offered the special... and it is now almost 5pm EST and still nada.  So much for even being able to play it today if I were to get it considering the DL.

Fuck them.

• Lunny08Lunny08 Member Posts: 120

but but but I sent a fake receipt and got in :o

No but really I sent an english one and got in, don't think I should have gotten in though, not sure.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

Originally posted by Fluxii

I actually pre-ordered before the 15th of OCT.  That's why I'm getting a bit pissed.   They've had well more than enough of my time than to wait till ZERO hour for ordering almost right after they offered the special... and it is now almost 5pm EST and still nada.  So much for even being able to play it today if I were to get it considering the DL.

Fuck them.

There could be a number of reasons why you haven't received it,  thats why I'm saying you should call them to ensure they received your information.  Many users have called and confirmed that the information was sent properly.  Other users have found they were rejected because 1) The file size was too large for their receipt  2) the filetype was unreadable  or 3) they were outside the target window.  I would also call them and check that the e-mail address you typed was correct as there was no confirmation e-mail you could have typed it incorrectly and just never knew.

I have a friend of mine who preordered before the 15th, but didn't send his receipt in until just before thanksgiving and he received an invite already.    

Sorry about your experience, but the only way to be certain is to contact them.  

Originally posted by Fluxii

Fuck them.

There could be a number of reasons why you haven't received it,  thats why I'm saying you should call them to ensure they received your information.  Many users have called and confirmed that the information was sent properly.  Other users have found they were rejected because 1) The file size was too large for their receipt  2) the filetype was unreadable  or 3) they were outside the target window.  I would also call them and check that the e-mail address you typed was correct as there was no confirmation e-mail you could have typed it incorrectly and just never knew.

I have a friend of mine who preordered before the 15th, but didn't send his receipt in until just before thanksgiving and he received an invite already.    

Sorry about your experience, but the only way to be certain is to contact them.  

Well, I did e-mail them though I doubt I'll get a response today.  The reason I don't want to call is they don't have an 800 number and there's no way in hell I'm calling Cali to stay on hold for 30 minutes for what is supposed to be a free code.

I do appreciate the advice though.  I was tempted to call, but it's just kinda quickly fading out of importance to me.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

odds are that all of you having a fit over this either

a: submitted your copy of purchase ticket in a format other then .pdf (someone in another thread mentioned they only accepted proper pdfs)

b: didnt manage to submit it at all, aka didnt follow up and make sure you sent the pdf file and they recieved it.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by neorandom

a: submitted your copy of purchase ticket in a format other then .pdf

.pdf was never, ever a required form. 

a: submitted your copy of purchase ticket in a format other then .pdf (someone in another thread mentioned they only accepted proper pdfs)

b: didnt manage to submit it at all, aka didnt follow up and make sure you sent the pdf file and they recieved it.

Yea, they wanted small files, .pdf's tend to get big.  Not only that, I got a confirm after it was sent but never any kind of an email confim and there's a whole thread full of people that complained about that.

Somehow I don't think they all did it wrong...  nice try though.  Always nice to see someone defend a companies incompetence.

Fail. SOE themselves told me that they accept any file format. JPG, PDF, BMP, whatever, as long as it wasn't over a certain size limit.

But to give hope to the others that posted here, I did eventually get my invitation so hopefully if you persist in contacting SOE you'll have some success too.

• KronixpKronixp Member Posts: 2

i got 2 keys but im using only one!  so i have 1 extra key! PM for details

• JumperPrimeJumperPrime Member UncommonPosts: 7

According to their Facebook page, there seems to have been a SNAFU with the PS3 Beta keys. In other words, they don't exist yet. Last time I checked there was no ETA for the PS3 Beta keys :( Dimwits should make a general post on the main DCUO website letting people know about this. They didn't announce the problem on Facebook until the last day we were supposed to get the beta keys. What is with multi-platform MMOs giving PS3 Betas the shaft? First Square Enix cancels the FFXIV PS3 Beta, despite including a code in PS3 copies of FFXIII that GUARAN-DAMN-TEED access to the Beta, and now DCUO is treating the PS3 Beta as the red-headed stepchild, if they haven't thrown it out completely with the bath water.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

games dont need extensive beta stress testing on ps3, ps3 are all identicle hardware other then hd size.

same cpu same gpu same ram, same os.

pc betas need alot of random people so they can test on random rigs.