Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does this game look exactly like wow to anybody else?

Comments

• xSaintxxSaintx Member UncommonPosts: 75

If you notice the hype meter, he rated it a "1" because there isn't a 0. What a lame tard.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

The only way not to be trolled is to not respond...

so, maybe he was JUST talking about graphics and art style (he'd be wrong regardless) WoW looks a lot like runescape to me...

facepalm...(just read my first sentence again) image

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• MorcotulconMorcotulcon Member UncommonPosts: 262

To OP, I will now quote a sentence that came from a WOW player that is actually my rl friend: "Noob! you really are a geeky nerdy noob! you ****** kid, go ask your mom for more nerdy money and go play with your kind of people, you noob!"

Fortunately, In rl he's a good friend and I never played WoW (except trial) and he never played other kind of mmorpgs. What he tried to say in this sentence was: don't bother to troll or flame others, keep your selfish thougths to yourself or you'll get flamed too.

I just hoped we could somehow make a petition to exclude some mmorpg members from visiting a specific game forum. I would exclude some trolls from GW2 forum. Except RobertDinh..... he absolutely works a lot and try to keep his claims with justified reasons.

• XercoXerco Member Posts: 9

please dont feed the trolls

[/thread]

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

WoW is a GW2 Clone

nuff said

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

No.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

Either youre dumb, blind or a troll but the short answer is no, not at all. I cant even understand why anyone would come to that conclusion unless it was done intentionally by the viewer just for the sake of arguement.

• XenOshadeXenOshade Member UncommonPosts: 95

Originally posted by Wizardry

Originally posted by Reizlanzer

No, it's not just you but you should really consider reading up on what this game has in store before submitting to any kind of opinion as short sighted as that. In truth it would seem that there are differences enough to make this game stand on it's own yet similarities enough to make this game appeal to both audiences.

Well to be fair,watching actual video is a little better than just listening to some dev hype although both can be misleading.

As for my opinion,no the games do not look anything a like.

I do have my own deliberations on this game,but i would in no means claim it as fact.

GW 1 was low end graphics,so i sort of feel the same will be in GW2,just because of the F2p application.However no way will it be as bad as Wow,Wow's graphics are bottom of the heap amongst MMORPG's rigth now, not even better than FFXI which actually has more detail in it's low end graphics.

The dynamic events are blown out of proportion ,but hey it will be better than Wow which has nothing lol.My take is that if they do not offer any loot /rewards players will wear off the initial impact and not care about them at all.So it comes down to, is it the event that is intriguing or the rewards?That is the sad state of gaming,everyone wants the rewards,FUN is actually on the backburner.

I expect the quests to be exactly the same old we are used to nothing new here,so in that respect this is the one area it will be the same as Wow.

IMO Wow/GW2 and especially RIFT are way over hyped,they are predominantly shells of what a true MMORPG should/could be.

I beleive GW2 will have less selection choice from clas and class design,although it may easily have better initial customization as Wow has zilch.

they do also have the desgin [apparently] to solo,so again it does have similarity.

when looking at similarities,i think one common ground cannot be over looked and that is how players are going to play the game.I mean does it really matter what a game has to offer if all players do is try to speed level towards some magical end game?So i would like to hear from any future GW2 players,how exactly they plan on playing this game ,i mean aside from the usual nonsense of "I am a l33t Raider"?

After playing wow for 3 years with the mindset of "grind to the end and start end game raiding" (which looking back now makes me want to scream), I am looking to really take my time with GW2. I want to know everybit of story the game has to offer. Not to mention we all have to grow up sometime and spend some time in real life and this will contribute to me taking my time with this game. Honestly I am very excited, not because I believe this game is going to be the end all competition MMO, but because I am not worried about others getting ahead of me this time or trying to be the best. Simply going to play this game to enjoy the game and it will be great.

• itomic97itomic97 Member UncommonPosts: 49

Seems like a troll to me.   

• KillHurtKillHurt Member Posts: 347

In all honesty, the original had SOME similarities to WoW in the graphics department, although it definitely had the better of the two.

As for GW2, it's graphics (really it's art in general) is heads and tails above WoW.

They are just two different styles, it is really up to the beholder with which one is best.

• JudgeDeadJudgeDead Member Posts: 30

i kno this is a bit late in thread in all but im going to throw this in the ring because its a fact of life in eyes of all these wow army tanks every game is like wow evan games wich are 120% diffrent are still compared to WoW every new game relase i play all i hear about is WoW why is this lilly n gish game compared with totaly diffrent games al the time

p.s feel free to troll on me gammer nazis i dont care

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

Are you on crack, this is exactly the opposite.

No monthlee fees, good PVP, better customization of gear.

You haven't read anything about this game have you!!

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by lunatis

Also no trolls or tauren, spluh.

Oh and there's no World of in the name, and there's not an orc named Thrall in it.

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

Did you read his original post? Or even the thread title for that matter? As far as I know, subscriptions, PvP, and customization of gear don't have a lot to do with how a game looks.

After looking at the screenshots and watching some videos, I don't really see a lot of similarities. What you're saying the games have in common can be said for probably every single fantasy game. They all have dragons, armor, and probably animals that walk on four legs.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Every game, no matter the genre, looks exactly like wow.

Duh.  World of Warcraft is the first computer game ever created.

• CognitoCognito Member Posts: 198

No I don't think it does look like WoW.

This, on the other hand, does - http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/351/Runes-of-Magic.html

Put through the personal paces of my crippled fingers.

• CognitoCognito Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by Swanea

Every game, no matter the genre, looks exactly like wow.

Duh.  World of Warcraft is the first computer game ever created.

DUH! When will this finally get through to these people...

Put through the personal paces of my crippled fingers.

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by Bakkoda24

Did you read his original post? Or even the thread title for that matter? As far as I know, subscriptions, PvP, and customization of gear don't have a lot to do with how a game looks.

After looking at the screenshots and watching some videos, I don't really see a lot of similarities. What you're saying the games have in common can be said for probably every single fantasy game. They all have dragons, armor, and probably animals that walk on four legs.

I can tell you work at a McDonald's to say that all medieval games look the same.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

LOL.   To the OP and topic as well, ummmm, no.  GW2 does "not" look exactly like WoW. 

This piece has been around for a bit, and it is a comparative article of GW2 vs WoW generalities with quests, events, graphics, personal story-line, pvp, etc.  http://www.kaycircle.com/Guild-Wars-2-and-World-of-Warcraft-Side-by-Side-Comparison

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Originally posted by Sudowoodoo

I was watching some gameplay videos and I couldn't help noticing that it looked almost exactly like wow. The animations and art style all look similar to me. It even has the animal race that runs on all four legs. The dragon boss looks the same as wow's but purple instead of blue or red. The armor also has a similar look.

I realize its possible it could of been coincidence but its basically wow with better graphics and no sub?

I don't really see the comparison.

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

They have similarities but all MMORPGs do.

It's a target and activate ability game play stat style mmorpg. There's going to be a lot in common and really those similarities should be celebrated. 

What's going to matter is the differences. Even the slight variations or the progression of a similar idea.

• AblestronAblestron Member Posts: 333

If your refering to the cinematic trailers that blizzard produces to hide actual art direction in their trailers I could definately see the similarities, but in terms of WoW's actual charactor models and world, it looks nothing like Guild wars 2. 

Although if your actually making the argument that because both have humanoid races they are similar I would agree. but only that they both have humanoid races and nothing more specific than such generalities. 

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

No.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• AblestronAblestron Member Posts: 333

Traits

vs.

• naraku209naraku209 Member Posts: 226

No. WoW clone is a word made up by the WoW kids that are afraid of something new. i think every game is its own and shouldn't be judged , WoW wrote what we know today for every modern MMO