Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth? more like Fallen Bugs

LentechLentech Member Posts: 119

So i decided too download Fallen Earth today... wish i hadnt, wasted a good 3 hours of time....

Anyhoo ill regail you in my Misadventures of buggy-ness

Finally finished patching, character creator came up... made my toon, pretty basic creator..... logged in..

tutorial.. about 3 minutes in the tutorial... i magically crashed 2 desktop.. logged back in, and im standing in some Random field... not inside the clone complex like the tutorial started out...

Sent the question too Help Channel and the guy said either delete and reroll your character.. or i can put you at some city selector....

went too the city selector, ran around did a few quests... found a quest too craft crossbow bolts... i gathered the required material for 80 crossbow bolts... clicked Craft... Schwap Bap.. Herp derp you do not have the required materials, asked Help channel again... told me too relog... ( i had all proper materials//skills Everything ) and it should fix it....

If i have too relog twice before my guy was level 3 due too bugs and crashing... the game in my mind is unplayable

I asked help channel one final question... which was, How long has this game been out? and there are still This many bugs this early in the game?... response was... Hey lets see the game YOU made.... LAWL...

*clicked uninstall*

My two centies

Comments

• GothikaboyGothikaboy Member UncommonPosts: 119

Sorry to say this but,

Bad Luck!

[object Window]

[object Window]

Great game, greatest MMO out there atm in my opinion.

Please do not hype any gam.. oh wait, nevermind... forgot what forum I was on.

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545

While I rarely CTD,  I did encounter colossal lag especially in cities.  But yes there were plenty of bugs and I hated being handcuffed to crafting (crafting is huge in this game and is almost mandatory, but it's so flippin' boring). 

Anyway it's ashame that this game will most likely go the way of the Dodo Bird and Saber-Toothed Tiger, because I really enjoy the genre. 

Here's to hoping a Fallout MMO is made...

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Sorry to hear about your issue's with the game.

Myself, probebly due to my martian build computer from the future never experianced all those bugs I see people encounter like CDT's and crashes, but I do know they excist. A ingame friend had lots of CDT's but when we figured his computer wasn't properly configered there for his settings where to high he lowered his settings and gone where his CDT's, he said he asumed his comp. was good enough to ran the game with everything on high setting, which turned out he simple didn't know that MMORPG can be very heavy on the system.

About bugs, I might have run into them about 5-6 times since launch and still playing, again I might be just lucky to not encounter that many bugs, sorry can't name one MMORPG that never had any form of bug.

But can definitly understand that if people encounter bugs or other type of issue's that it limites their pleasure to play, what I can't understand is that some people try to pretend that if they encounter these issue's or bugs that it must be a failed game as if everyone encounters these issue's.

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545

Originally posted by Reklaw

Myself, probebly due to my martian build computer from the future never experianced all those bugs I see people encounter like CDT's and crashes, but I do know they excist. A ingame friend had lots of CDT's but when we figured his computer wasn't properly configered there for his settings where to high he lowered his settings and gone where his CDT's, he said he asumed his comp. was good enough to ran the game with everything on high setting, which turned out he simple didn't know that MMORPG can be very heavy on the system.

About bugs, I might have run into them about 5-6 times since launch and still playing, again I might be just lucky to not encounter that many bugs, sorry can't name one MMORPG that never had any form of bug.

But can definitly understand that if people encounter bugs or other type of issue's that it limites their pleasure to play, what I can't understand is that some people try to pretend that if they encounter these issue's or bugs that it must be a failed game as if everyone encounters these issue's.

Seriously Reklaw are you drunk?  Or perhaps intellectually challenged?  But holy-cow sport, your spelling and sentence composition are abysmal, hell your entire post really doesn't make a whole lotta sense...

Anyway if a game is riddled with bugs and approximately 40% (best guestament) of the people playing have massive lag and CTD, then let's be honest and call a turd for what it is...  Poop!

And I highly doubt this train-wreck will be around in 2012...

• ShadewalkerShadewalker Member Posts: 299

Originally posted by EbonHawk

Anyway if a game is riddled with bugs and approximately 40% (best guestament) of the people playing have massive lag and CTD, then let's be honest and call a turd for what it is...  Poop!

There are some mighty and unsubtantiated assumptions there.

For myself, I've played the game on and off since beta and whilst in beta I had some lag with my then slow computer, by launch I'd got a new top of the range machine and I haven't encountered any performance issues since.

I can't recall a single bug either.

I don't doubt there are some bugs, I have yet to find the game that doesn't have them, and I equally don't doubt that some people have performance issues with this game as again is always the case with any game. Indeed a friend had a few CTD problems on a good machine.  On the whole, however, I've found the game to be as reliable as most and better than some, and have only rarely seen such issues aired on the chat channel (and then usually in the form of an obvious troll suffering withdrawal from that other MMO that always gets mentioned as the pinnacle of Mankind's achievements despite having its own fair share of bugs and performance issues).

FE isn't the kind of game that appeals to everyone, least of all the instant gratification crowd, but it is a quality product that is well supported by a communicative team notwithstanding the hits they've taken, and I hope for the sake of both the developers and those players who enjoy the game that it sticks around for a long time. It's already a good game in my view, and it has the potential to be a great one. My only problem with it is the lack of time to fit in all the MMO's I want to play, otherwise I'd play it a lot more.

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342

Seriously Reklaw are you drunk?  Or perhaps intellectually challenged?  But holy-cow sport, your spelling and sentence composition are abysmal, hell your entire post really doesn't make a whole lotta sense...

Psst... English isn't his primary language.

So instead acting all high and mighty, why don't you teach us lowly foreigners (whom are willing to try another language) your level of perfectness.

His level is more then enough to be understood. So you might want to start your crusade to your own countrymen.

• I`m not playing FE at the moment..but when i used to play it had no such problems...

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

I have never had any crashes to desktop and I am on a 3 year old refurbished amd  with a 9500gt vc and 3g of ram but have experienced quite a bit of lag in and around cities etc.It might be worse now though since they did a graphics upgrade and I havnt played since before that.My biggest beef with this game is the awkward clunky combat visuals especially if you are in 1st person view,a swipe in 3rd person shows a full cross top to bottom swing-same exact swipe in 1st person looks like you are tapping the target.Also I think they are greedy charging $30 dollars for a extra character slot esp when it is a subscription based game.Guild Wars only starts you with 4 chars too but there is no sub and extra char slots are $10-20 less than FE,AOC is $10 too but you get 8 slots with your sub.My 2 cents anyways =).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247

Originally posted by Timukas
    I played FE for 8 months but never had any major issues. There were bugs, especially with mobs movement  etc but the reason I quit was boredom after I had grinded faction and all trade skills to max. I don't care about PvP and that left even fewer options.

Word!

Seriously what is it these days with devs trying to make a game that is everything for everyone? FE should have gone either full PVP or PVE. Not trying to cater to everyone and their dogs! I LOVED that game and even tho there were bugs it was quite playable! Bit laggy in some towns but well that's to be expected. Bottom line i ended up quitting as well because there's only so much you can do if you arent into PVP.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Originally posted by Shadewalker

There are some mighty and unsubtantiated assumptions there.

For myself, I've played the game on and off since beta and whilst in beta I had some lag with my then slow computer, by launch I'd got a new top of the range machine and I haven't encountered any performance issues since.

I can't recall a single bug either.

I don't doubt there are some bugs, I have yet to find the game that doesn't have them, and I equally don't doubt that some people have performance issues with this game as again is always the case with any game. Indeed a friend had a few CTD problems on a good machine.  On the whole, however, I've found the game to be as reliable as most and better than some, and have only rarely seen such issues aired on the chat channel (and then usually in the form of an obvious troll suffering withdrawal from that other MMO that always gets mentioned as the pinnacle of Mankind's achievements despite having its own fair share of bugs and performance issues).

FE isn't the kind of game that appeals to everyone, least of all the instant gratification crowd, but it is a quality product that is well supported by a communicative team notwithstanding the hits they've taken, and I hope for the sake of both the developers and those players who enjoy the game that it sticks around for a long time. It's already a good game in my view, and it has the potential to be a great one. My only problem with it is the lack of time to fit in all the MMO's I want to play, otherwise I'd play it a lot more.

My god man! Why do you have to lie and hide the truth?

Fallen Earth is a nice game. I have been playing it on and off since F&F Alpha and the game is still riddled by a ton of bugs and issues!

I know it. You know it. Everyone else currently playing knows it.  So please.

There hardly goes a day by without having to relog at least once to fix an issue you run into.

The only plus side on this, is that for most issues and bugs you run into a simple relog to char select fixes it.

But for the plenty of bugged ( AP ) missions (yes I ran into one again last week in Sector 2) you are forced to try get a hold on a GM ingame to fix it for you.  Sad part in this, is that outside US prime time there is hardly ever a GM online anymore since the lay offs back in June this year.

• ShadewalkerShadewalker Member Posts: 299

Originally posted by JeroKane

Originally posted by Shadewalker

My god man! Why do you have to lie and hide the truth?

I have told the truth based on my own experience. I played the game again for a while back in August/September and had no problems at all. While a friend looked at the trial at the same time and had a few problems I did not, and never have done since the launch. I played it a few times again just the other week and had no issues. I don't recall ever having had a CTD at any time in my on-off playing of the game since beta.

Now that may not be your experience but it is mine. If you think I'm lying then fine, that's your prerogative, but as I am only a casual and occasional player I can hardly be termed a fanboi and I simply have no reason to lie. The game runs fine for me and always has done since I got rid of the lag which plagued me in beta by replacing my machine (not because of FE, it has to be said).  Others here are reporting the same thing. Perhaps they're lying too?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

These must be added features to go with the "hardcore" vibe the game tries to give you. Mortal Online went this way too. It's the latest thing.

Heh. I didn't experience any of these types of things during my play through. In fact, I didn't get any bugs at all. The character animations were kind of wonky and the interface was a bit rough, but no bugs.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

I played from shortly after release for about 6 months. While I do not remember any huge "game-breaking" bugs, the combat animations were sub-par and the lag was very bad in the larger cities. I quit the game because I found it extremly boring and grindy with little to no pvp going on.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by Lentech

So i decided too download Fallen Earth today... wish i hadnt, wasted a good 3 hours of time....

Anyhoo ill regail you in my Misadventures of buggy-ness

Finally finished patching, character creator came up... made my toon, pretty basic creator..... logged in..

tutorial.. about 3 minutes in the tutorial... i magically crashed 2 desktop.. logged back in, and im standing in some Random field... not inside the clone complex like the tutorial started out...

Sent the question too Help Channel and the guy said either delete and reroll your character.. or i can put you at some city selector....

went too the city selector, ran around did a few quests... found a quest too craft crossbow bolts... i gathered the required material for 80 crossbow bolts... clicked Craft... Schwap Bap.. Herp derp you do not have the required materials, asked Help channel again... told me too relog... ( i had all proper materials//skills Everything ) and it should fix it....

If i have too relog twice before my guy was level 3 due too bugs and crashing... the game in my mind is unplayable

I asked help channel one final question... which was, How long has this game been out? and there are still This many bugs this early in the game?... response was... Hey lets see the game YOU made.... LAWL...

*clicked uninstall*

My two centies

I didnt like fallen earth but when I tried it it ran smooth. But that happens with computers and games all the time.

• JellypigJellypig Member Posts: 126

When is that combat patch supposed to be coming out?

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Originally posted by Jellypig

When is that combat patch supposed to be coming out?

It's going to the PTS this week, and the devs will be on too over the weekend to answer questions and get feedback.

FE can be buggy, and it drives me nuts that people are still crashing in the tutorial, but hopefully the revamp will leave that (at least) bug free. I can understand a new player having the reaction the OP did, it's perfectly reasonable.

There are always some bugged missions out there, and always the occasional issue with reloading a weapon or attacking a mob or warping mobs... trouble is, the game as a whole is vastly more buggy than it was in the early days, and with a smaller team bug-fixes are taking longer... on the other hand, the graphics are now truly gorgeous and the lag in towns has been vastly reduced (no more CTDs in Embry, but Haven will still boot you if you're on a borderline rig, insanely high polycount there).

From release til a few weeks ago I played FE on a system with 2x3.2ghz P4s and 2GB Ram, and a Nvidia 260 card....I had everything turned down low, and I can count the number of ctds I had on one hand. Honestly. Having to relog to fix glitches, as Jero says, probably once per session. Also had a complete heart attack when a CTD set all my crafting skills to zero, but a relog and file check fixed that. I now play on a new rig that I built myself and everything looks great, and runs more smoothly.

The truth of the state of FE lies somewhere between JeroKane and Reklaw's versions. I love the game, don't get me wrong, but I'm not going to lie about the glitchiness of it. I just grit my teeth and /bug my way through it.

• ZarkanarZarkanar Member Posts: 55

OH this title is so witty!

------------------------
    Everyone on this site:
    1: MMORPGs are DOOMED, and I have the answers to save them!
    2: THIS game's gonna kill WoW!
    3: I wish things would go back to the Golden Age of MMORPGs, which only existed in my mind...

• JellypigJellypig Member Posts: 126

Glad to know that it is coming soon.  I must be lucky though because I can't think of one time that I've actually experienced bugs back when I played.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

I had a few CTDs, but I always knew when they were coming because the horizon would turn different colors for me.  It only happened in PvP strangely enough.  Updated my drivers and it cut that down to happening very very rarely,  played in Windowed mode and almost never had the problem.  Maybe like, once every couple weeks if that.

Game plays fine though,  it was rare to hear about crashes in help chat.  Could be a number of issues with the PC you are running on.

• StridarStridar Member UncommonPosts: 134

Played it over the summer and as with others, I didn't have any CTD or run across and bugs that I noticed.  Was a fun game for the time I played and I loved the Dev interation with the players that I experienced.  If I would have had more time to keep playing then I would still be playing.  Other then Eve it's the best MMO out right now IMHO.

Before you call me a liar like you did the other dude, I'm telling it from my experience playing the game on a home built computer that is 4 years old.

While I rarely CTD,  I did encounter colossal lag especially in cities.  But yes there were plenty of bugs and I hated being handcuffed to crafting (crafting is huge in this game and is almost mandatory, but it[object Window]s so flippin[object Window] boring). 

Anyway it[object Window]s ashame that this game will most likely go the way of the Dodo Bird and Saber-Toothed Tiger, because I really enjoy the genre. 

Here[object Window]s to hoping a Fallout MMO is made...

[Mod Edit]

you can run and craft at the same time xDDDDD!

How much time did you spend?!? :D:D:D

Sorry to hear about your issue[object Window]s with the game.

Myself, probebly due to my martian build computer from the future never experianced all those bugs I see people encounter like CDT[object Window]s and crashes, but I do know they excist. A ingame friend had lots of CDT[object Window]s but when we figured his computer wasn[object Window]t properly configered there for his settings where to high he lowered his settings and gone where his CDT[object Window]s, he said he asumed his comp. was good enough to ran the game with everything on high setting, which turned out he simple didn[object Window]t know that MMORPG can be very heavy on the system.

About bugs, I might have run into them about 5-6 times since launch and still playing, again I might be just lucky to not encounter that many bugs, sorry can[object Window]t name one MMORPG that never had any form of bug.

But can definitly understand that if people encounter bugs or other type of issue[object Window]s that it limites their pleasure to play, what I can[object Window]t understand is that some people try to pretend that if they encounter these issue[object Window]s or bugs that it must be a failed game as if everyone encounters these issue[object Window]s.

Seriously Reklaw are you drunk?  Or perhaps intellectually challenged?  But holy-cow sport, your spelling and sentence composition are abysmal, hell your entire post really doesn[object Window]t make a whole lotta sense...

Anyway if a game is riddled with bugs and approximately 40% (best guestament) of the people playing have massive lag and CTD, then let[object Window]s be honest and call a turd for what it is...  Poop!

[Mod Edit]

What game did you play?!?

You will need a good computer to run the game, luckily I have one.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

I play FE on a gaming laptop (a decent one, cost about 900 bucks) and have experienced very few bugs or CTD's. Won't say the don't happen, but not enough to stick in my memory.  I'm currently level 26 and having a pretty good time. I've had to relog on a few occasions, but nothing too painful or repetitive.

OP (and others) just had bad luck or something wonky with their configurations (or are using WOW capable computers) but overall I've been pretty happy with the game's performance.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon